Barber 4 negative runs on one drive?

silverblue

Reaction score
What in the world? I hope the coaches were telling him to just go down to eat up clock or something

1-10-DAL 11 :)47) 24-M.Barber up the middle to DAL 10 for -1 yards (97-B.Bunkley). END QUARTER

32-11-DAL 10 (15:00) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 81-T.Owens to DAL 17 for 7 yards (22-J.Hanson; 27-Q.Mikell).

3-4-DAL 17 (14:27) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 81-T.Owens to DAL 40 for 23 yards (22-J.Hanson).

0-0- Timeout #1 by DAL at 13:35.

1-10-DAL 40 (13:35) 24-M.Barber right end to DAL 41 for 1 yard (98-M.Patterson).

2-9-DAL 41 (12:55) 9-T.Romo pass deep right to 82-J.Witten to PHI 6 for 53 yards (57-C.Gocong).

1-6-PHI 6 (12:18) 24-M.Barber left tackle to PHI 6 for no gain (98-M.Patterson). PENALTY on PHI-96-O.Gaither, Face Mask (15 Yards), 3 yards, enforced at PHI 6.

1-3-PHI 3 (11:48) 24-M.Barber up the middle to PHI 2 for 1 yard (77-L.Ramsey; 51-T.Spikes). PENALTY on PHI, Defensive Offside, 2 yards, enforced at PHI 3 - No Play.

1-1-PHI 1 (11:27) 24-M.Barber up the middle to PHI 2 for -1 yards (97-B.Bunkley).

2-2-PHI 2 (10:42) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete short right to 81-T.Owens (20-B.Dawkins).

3-2-PHI 2 (10:39) 24-M.Barber right tackle to PHI 4 for -2 yards (98-M.Patterson; 37-S.Considine).

4-4-PHI 4 (10:00) 6-N.Folk 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-91-L.Ladouceur, Holder-14-B.Johnson.

Look at the play by play here, end of 3rd beginning of 4th:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...ayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG9

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Brad Johnson was in.

The O-Line was also the 2nd string.

We are not the Patriots :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I look at the overall product and Barber has shown himself to me as the best RB on this team. I thought Jones played very good lastnight and I was happy to see that but game for game and carry for carry Barber is still the man in my eyes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
That happens at the goalline sometimes (4 of his 5 carries on that drive were goalline carries). I can't see how anyone could possibly criticize Barber at the goalline, other than saying he's not perfect.

And it was 3 negative runs, not 4.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
smarta5150;1747289 said:
Brad Johnson was in.

That was when Julius went back into the game.

Philly knew we were going to run the ball and sold out to stop it. We could have passed in that situation but decided to run it anyway. Nothing to see here.

silverblue

Reaction score
smarta5150;1747289 said:
Brad Johnson was in.

Did you even read above. T.Romo was in, as were our starting o-line. We should have scored TD there but had to kick a field goal because Barber couldn't get it in. Should have put Julius in and run one of those draws.

Zman5

Reaction score
Jim Johnson thought that he was the toughest RB in the league and I'd agree with him.

Only thing I don't like about him is that sometimes he should just go down. I would see four guys on him and then the 5th guy comes flying in to take him down. Barber is setting himself up for a cheapshot and to get injured that way.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
silverblue;1747316 said:
Did you even read above. T.Romo was in, as were our starting o-line. We should have scored TD there but had to kick a field goal because Barber couldn't get it in. Should have put Julius in and run one of those draws.

Yes we were at the goal line it was the series after Witten's big catch. Barber got stuffed and Jones would not have? I'm glad both guys had a very good game but I don't understand the thought process of knocking Barber due to 1 series in a game that was over with

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zman5;1747328 said:
Jim Johnson thought that he was the toughest RB in the league and I'd agree with him.

Only thing I don't like about him is that sometimes he should just go down. I would see four guys on him and then the 5th guy comes flying in to take him down. Barber is setting himself up for a cheapshot and to get injured that way.

That is not going to happen. Barber is going to finish off runs and he does it by keeping his legs driving at all times.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow ....... 2 different posts trying to bring attention to the very few negative plays MB has done all year long.

silverblue;1746784 said:
Did I see Marion Barber get stuffed on like three runs near the goal line or was I just imagining that. It had to of just been Julius in a number 24 jersey or something, because Barber can do no wrong :)

silverblue;1747284 said:
What in the world? I hope the coaches were telling him to just go down to eat up clock or something

They get rid of one agenda driven troll ...... and another pops up.

:laugh2: funny stuff

silverblue

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1747331 said:
Yes we were at the goal line it was the series after Witten's big catch. Barber got stuffed and Jones would not have? I'm glad both guys had a very good game but I don't understand the thought process of knocking Barber due to 1 series in a game that was over with

Maybe the knock should be on the coaches for not trying something different on that drive besides stuff it up the middle but I do see a problem with Barbers style in that he has too many runs for no gain.

silverblue

Reaction score
zrinkill;1747339 said:
Wow ....... 2 different posts trying to bring attention to the very few negative plays MB has done all year long.

They get rid of one agenda driven troll ...... and another pops up.

:laugh2: funny stuff

There are plenty of Barber-needs-to-start-now agenda driven trolls here, I am just trying to pull my weight for the Julius agenda driven trolls :)

Thanks for noticing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
silverblue;1747343 said:
There are plenty of Barber-needs-to-start-now agenda driven trolls here, I am just trying to pull my weight for the Julius agenda driven trolls :)

Thanks for noticing.
Wow, those people still exist?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silverblue;1747343 said:

Thanks for noticing.

I do not know how anyone could possibly think that Barber is not outperforming JJ this year.

Please make your case for that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
silverblue;1747340 said:
Maybe the knock should be on the coaches for not trying something different on that drive besides stuff it up the middle but I do see a problem with Barbers style in that he has too many runs for no gain.

Given the fact we put up 38 points vs Philly I don't have a problem with the coaches or their calls. This just seems to be more of the Barber vs Jones argument. This game was well in hand and so what if Dallas drove the ball up the middle 3 times and kicked it. If this is all anyone can complain about I think that is just reaching and complaining just to have something to complain about. One thing I have found out about this place some will never be able to watch a game without complaining over something.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Eagles knew what was coming also. We were not like the Pats, we weren't out to completely embarrass the Eagles far beyond what was needed to put the game out of reach.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zman5;1747328 said:

I agree with this. No one is saying he should go down on first contact, but I do get nervous at some of the shots he takes while trying to get that next "none" yard.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1747355 said:
I agree with this. No one is saying he should go down on first contact, but I do get nervous at some of the shots he takes while trying to get that next "none" yard.

I think Barber knows only 1 way to play this game and that is all out at all times if he changed that he would not be the same back.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1747360 said:
I think Barber knows only 1 way to play this game and that is all out at all times if he changed that he would not be the same back.
Guess that's where my concern comes in for his longevity. Three years in the league, he can take those hits while sharing duties. If he gets the full load, will he last? Guess we'll find out next year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
zrinkill;1747339 said:

If the same happened to Julius...threads would have to be merged.