Barber, Choice and Felix Jones '09 Version

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Just was thinking about next year and the tree headed monster we may have at RB.

Got to thinking about their styles and how to use them (if all are healthy).

With Barber being hurt and watching Choice excel against two tough defenses I was thinking that maybe we could use Felix in the lead back role with Choice as the change of pace back. That would leave Barber as the closer in the late third and fourth qtr. It keeps him fresh where it appeared he was more effective last year and gives us a dynamic one two punch coming out of the gate.

I would hate to see talent like those three have not being utilized and was trying to think of the best way to get the most mileage out of the three of them.

Any thoughts from more offensive minded guys than I?

rockj7

Reaction score
We could use Choice and Felix like starting pitchers and MB3 as our closer :starspin

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rockj7;2498674 said:
We could use Choice and Felix like starting pitchers and MB3 as our closer :starspin

Kinda my thinking as well. at least we would have a fresh guy at all times when the D is getting tired.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2498801 said:
The Basher, Slasher and Flasher

Might want to rethink that one. Just the images that it brings to mind......not so good.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I would LOVE to have MB3 as a closer but man, a $45 million closer??? Ugh..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we can improve our ability to run screens, especially middle screens, having Felix and Barber or Felix and Choice on the field at the same time will end up as deadly combinations in the passing game. Just think. What linebacker can cover both EVEN IF they know the screen has been called?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2498803 said:
Might want to rethink that one. Just the images that it brings to mind......not so good.
I thought about that one too!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2498656 said:
Just was thinking about next year and the tree headed monster we may have at RB.

With Barber being hurt and watching Choice excel against two tough defenses I was thinking that maybe we could use Felix in the lead back role with Choice as the change of pace back. That would leave Barber as the closer in the late third and fourth qtr. It keeps him fresh where it appeared he was more effective last year and gives us a dynamic one two punch coming out of the gate.

I would hate to see talent like those three have not being utilized and was trying to think of the best way to get the most mileage out of the three of them.

Looking at Barber's 3.9YPC, I believe it is clear we need an even attack. Barber/Jones 40/40/and 10 Choice.

I dont know what it is about being a backup RB, but it just seems so much easier. Choice looked like MBIII spelling Julius a few years back.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
We have it all covered next year. A bruiser, a shifty runner, and a speed burner who can go length of the field on any given touch.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Getting a nice rotation out of those guys would bring a whole lot to the table. Garrett finding ways to get 2 of the 3 on the field at the same time would be fun to watch.

Throw in a little bit of growth by Bennett and time (and health I guess if the foot problems are really hurting him) for Roy and this offense could be scary.

I know that it already should be but once this team gets a greater level of comfortability with each other and with all the players (my biggest reason for wanting all parts of the team back, along with coaches except for a new ST coach. Even Stewart can stay if all he is doing is collecting a check but the current results stay the same.) they are going to be a very, very tough team.

Thomas82

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2498884 said:
Looking at Barber's 3.9YPC, I believe it is clear we need an even attack. Barber/Jones 40/40/and 10 Choice.

I dont know what it is about being a backup RB, but it just seems so much easier. Choice looked like MBIII spelling Julius a few years back.

That's because teams don't gameplan for backups like they do for the starters.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score

Carrying four running backs on the 53 man roster would force some other position players off the team. I don't think any team could carry four running backs, and I don't think the Cowboys world forgo a fullback.

Angus

Reaction score

Good thinking, but put Choice as the every down back early with Felix Jones as the change up. Jones is not as accomplished a blocker as Choice is. Take care of Romo.

:star: