Barber does it to Julius again... lol

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out who is JJ. Jimmy Johnson? feel me in...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I hope JJ runs for 1500 yards in Seattle.

Hello Compensation pick

DALLAS D

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2277425 said:
I hope JJ runs for 1500 yards in Seattle.

Hello Compensation pick

i like your thinking, too bad he has to play us. He'll be lucky if he can gain 70 on us. But hopefully he complies the yard before that. and after.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superonyx;2276785 said:
I'm happy for Julius. I may be in the minority but i dont have any ill feelings for Julius. He wanted to be here. He wanted to stay here. He was shown the door. I wish him the best. He was always a good guy. It just didnt work out for him here.
I agree except he said some negative stuff about Dallas after he left. Sour grapes don't look too good on a guy.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I've noticed though...

Julius Jones has 20+ carries the last 2 games and goes over 100yds.

His last 20+carry game was in 2006, playoff game against Seattle (ironically); he had 112yds. If you look at his stats, when he gets 20+carries, he can gain the yards.

BUT...I'm happier with Barber, b/c seems neither he nor Felix Jones may need 20+ to reach 100 on some nights :) I hope that's something we see a lot of

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Ozzu;2276841 said:
I'm honestly surprised at how well Julius is doing. Maybe he does need to be the lead guy to do well. Weird.

I really think that is the key for Julius. Good starting back but not a good part-time guy. I think the worst thing that ever happened to him here was the emergence of Barber. Barber inevitably ate into Julius' carries, and with Julius not being a good role sharer, his stats went down. And as Jones' stats got worse, Barber only got more carries, causing things to spiral downward even faster for Jones.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Morris gets healthy. I'm willing to bet if Holmgren's plan is to give Morris a good amount of time, Julius will go back to sucking. Seriously.

On a side note ... the only reason I think he was never our long term answer is that while he would have some good games, he had too many duds even as the lead guy to fully entrust the role. That and he seemed to get injured whenever he'd get on a role.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2277546 said:
I've noticed though...

His last 20+carry game was in 2006, playoff game against Seattle (ironically); he had 112yds. If you look at his stats, when he gets 20+carries, he can gain the yards.

BUT...I'm happier with Barber, b/c seems neither he nor Felix Jones may need 20+ to reach 100 on some nights :) I hope that's something we see a lot of

Hadn't read your post when I made mind. But ... Yep. Spot on.

sk0aL

Reaction score
Watching the Seattle recap, it's amazing how much more different JJ is running. He's actually running HARD, breaking tackles and throwing jukes. It's the JJ we saw his rookie year in 2004.

Unfortunately, I think the system here didn't fit JJ's style. I think the clubhouse new that Barber was the new up-and-comer on the block, and Julius just wasn't producing. I think he's a talented football player and I wish him success, but he just didn't fit what we were trying to do here.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
sk0aL;2277658 said:
Watching the Seattle recap, it's amazing how much more different JJ is running. He's actually running HARD, breaking tackles and throwing jukes. It's the JJ we saw his rookie year in 2004.

Unfortunately, I think the system here didn't fit JJ's style. I think the clubhouse new that Barber was the new up-and-comer on the block, and Julius just wasn't producing. I think he's a talented football player and I wish him success, but he just didn't fit what we were trying to do here.

No its not. The JJ from 2004 didn't need the benefit of crappy tackling to help him out. Both of Julius TDs that I have seen have been helped by some of the worst tackling ever.

I know some are gong to say that I am just knocking the guy but look at the footage yourself.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Okay, I just watched Julius highlights on NFL.com. The Rams are just horrible and he still runs very "top heavy". I'm not sure how to explain it. He looks like he's almost always about to fall over.

Watch him run for 1500 yards or something and make me look stupid, but I don't think so.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He, Julius Jones, is currently listed as #3 in rushing for the whole NFL.

We will see if that continues when their other RB gets healthy.

But as of right now he is producing no matter who they are playing. The thing that is impressive about it is he is doing it in Seattle where they have had injuries to their WR corp.

Glad he is gone, but not going to rip him for doing a good job on his new team.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2276683 said:
Barber 142
Jones 140

two leading rushers this week.

actually jones had the better game.

2 less yards on 5 or 6 fewer carries and barber put the ball on the carpet 2 times...(and 1 more that was really close). Not only that this is back to back 100 plus for julius. They are both full time backs and julius will see more yards than marion.

Splitting carries barber is much better, but both getting 20 carries or more Julius out does barber.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2277660 said:
No its not. The JJ from 2004 didn't need the benefit of crappy tackling to help him out. Both of Julius TDs that I have seen have been helped by some of the worst tackling ever.

I know some are gong to say that I am just knocking the guy but look at the footage yourself.

thats just hate, bad tackling has a lot to do with the back not going down.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2277546 said:
I've noticed though...

very good and objective post.

Thomas82

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2277903 said:
actually jones had the better game.

2 less yards on 5 or 6 fewer carries and barber put the ball on the carpet 2 times...(and 1 more that was really close). Not only that this is back to back 100 plus for julius. They are both full time backs and julius will see more yards than marion.

Splitting carries barber is much better, but both getting 20 carries or more Julius out does barber.

EPL0c0;2277546 said:
I've noticed though...

I agree with both of these posts.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;2276695 said:
Maybe, but Barber fumbled twice. I think he now has 3 fumbles this year and he better learn to guard the rock or he will be on the bench and second string again before too long.

I don't think they would bench him also its expected for the fumbles to go up with the more carries he's getting. If you look at last year towards the end of the year when his carries went up so did his fumbles.

Hoofbite;2277660 said:

funny cause if that was MB3 you'd be like ZOMG the barbian breaks so many tackles 1337!@#$$^^&*(

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eskimo;2276695 said:
Maybe, but Barber fumbled twice. I think he now has 3 fumbles this year and he better learn to guard the rock or he will be on the bench and second string again before too long.

Uh, no.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Eskimo;2276695 said:

Right.

that was the first fumble he ever lost to the other team in his career.

so lets get on him for that.