Barber for 5 yrs/25 Mil.....don't do it Jerry....

The Panch

Reaction score
abersonc;1905504 said:
Wow, what I've said about all or nothing evaluation rears its ugly head again.

Tell me, is that guy sitting next to you wearing a shirt that says "I'm with Stupid?"
Tell me, do you plan or switching your maxipad or has Julius not given you permisson yet?

Future;1905507 said:
Apparently you missed the part where I said rarely...every thread about running backs turns into MBIII is God and JJ sucks
Apparently you missed the part where I said that excuse wont work with me.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I agree with this post. Tender him but don't give him a huge contract. Barber is most effective when paired with another back. The Thunder needs some lightning and Julius isn't it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Future;1905507 said:
Apparently you missed the part where I said rarely...every thread about running backs turns into MBIII is God and JJ sucks

and his critique of Barber doesn't hit on issues of decision making and ball security (which is a product of poor decision making in that he doesn't know when to go down)

The Panch

Reaction score
abersonc;1905514 said:
and his critique of Barber doesn't hit on issues of decision making and ball security (which is a product of poor decision making in that he doesn't know when to go down)
You can coach that, you cant coach speed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
abersonc;1905514 said:

He never fumbles...but i agree that he doesn't know when to go down.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The Panch;1905510 said:
Tell me, do you plan or switching your maxipad or has Julius not given you permisson yet?

OOOOH. Maxipad. Stupid is as stupid posts.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
noletime95;1905393 said:
No one is going to sign for a first and third.....he'll be around another year, at a minimum.

I agree. No reason to pay that type of money when you don't have too. Nobody will give a 1st and a 3rd for him, not with the crop of rb's coming out this year.

Its just good business.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Future;1905518 said:
He never fumbles...but i agree that he doesn't know when to go down.

He lost the handle in Carolina and lost the ball on his first play Sunday.

utrunner07

Reaction score
abersonc;1905523 said:
OOOOH. Maxipad. Stupid is as stupid posts.

You are wrong about JJ, he was given PLENTY of chances and if his play does not warrant him being dismissed from this team his attitude does. Does not matter, the guy is gone anyway.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
utrunner07;1905530 said:
You are wrong about JJ, he was given PLENTY of chances and if his play does not warrant him being dismissed from this team his attitude does. Does not matter, the guy is gone anyway.

What chances did he have this season? What was wrong with his attitude?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
riddle me this swan...if Rb's are a dime a dozen where the hell is ours!

2much2soon

Reaction score
I am afraid Barber won't have a very long career based on his running style.
Take a guy like Emmitt, the perfect example of a guy who almost always slipped under the big hits and never regularly took big abuse from tacklers. Dorsett was the same way. They were both masters of ducking the big blows at the last split second.
Contrast that with an Earl Campbell. He was a big, bad dude that punished tacklers and never backed down from anyone. 8 seasons, but after 5 he dropped off dramatically due to the punishment. I don't think anyone wanted to tackle him when he was in his prime.
Barber runs in a somewhat similar fashion as Earl. Not as fast but just as mean.

If you are too young to have seen Earl play, check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yRA6sAO8xs&feature=related

Earl carried the ball like a loaf of bread, in traffic, with guys hanging all over him. He was never credited with a single fumble his entire career while carrying over 2,000 times.
Like I said, Earl was a bad dude.
Watching him run still makes me LMAO. He just toyed with NFL defenders.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Future;1905533 said:
What chances did he have this season? What was wrong with his attitude?

He came out and made ridiculous claims that Parcells made him run like a robot and this year we would all see the 'real' Julius Jones. 3.6 YPC, 2 TD's, a long run of 25 yards. Pretty pathetic to blame Parcells for that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We sort of lucked in to Barber as we did Romo. These backs don't grow on trees.

Remember the last time since we have a capable back? Been a while..

davender51

Reaction score
Clove;1905560 said:
We sort of lucked in to Barber as we did Romo. These backs don't grow on trees.

Remember the last time since we have a capable back? Been a while..

MBIII SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE STARTER SINCE LAST SEASON LET ALONE NOT BEING NAMED THE STARTER TILL THE PLAYOFFS. GOT TO REMEMBER THOUGH WE ARE A TWO BACK TEAM AND TO HAVE A GUY LIKE A SPROLS IN SD WOULD NICE, YOU KNOW SMALL SHIFTY AND FAST AS A MOFO! THATS WHAT I HOPE WE CAN FIND THIS OFF SEASON, ANYONE KNOW IF SPROLS IS A FREE AGENT?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
But you know what he never does. He never loses yards when they are there to be had.

WOW! I don't know what I've been watching all these years. Julius never loses yards!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Future;1905437 said:
The guy never got a chance to get in rhythm. Our offense got so obsessed with getting MBIII the ball that Julius was given nothing. How can you expect anything from a back who starts the game...gets 2 carries for like 10 yards and then doesnt get it again until the third quarter.

Because Jones had ample opportunities to show that he deserved the ball. He had a few good runs negated by penalties. But by and large, he was just ineffective. Barber consistently is getting 5+ yard carries. In fact, he's looked alot shiftier than Jones.