Barber Worked out at PR

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He did it a little bit in college. So did Julius Jones BTW. In fact, I believe Julius broke Tim Brown's ND records.

I don't want Newman back there under any circumstance. I'm not comfortable with Crayton either. Too many bobbles and fair catches.

I'm not sure how I feel about Barber back there.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What was the outcome of Stanback at PR - did Wade say he was too big?

Edit -- (Educan on) my bad, I just realized that he's getting cut next week so no use to play him there (Educan off)

Smith22

Reaction score
Hostile;1628221 said:
He did it a little bit in college. So did Julius Jones BTW. In fact, I believe Julius broke Tim Brown's ND records.

I don't want Newman back there under any circumstance. I'm not comfortable with Crayton either. Too many bobbles and fair catches.

Barber or a young WR IMO. Crayton is not a threat back there IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc;1628224 said:
What was the outcome of Stanback at PR - did Wade say he was too big?
Something of that ilk. They abandoned the idea regardless of the reasons. I'd kind of like to see Julius back there personally.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Stanback said that he just isn't comfortable catching punts yet, but that he believed that he will be able to return punts at some point in the future.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile;1628229 said:
Something of that ilk. They abandoned the idea regardless of the reasons. I'd kind of like to see Julius back there personally.

I personally don't think that Stanback is going to play at all for the first half of the season -- so that might be part of it. I also think that we are going to ride Julius this season a bit more -- he's a better back when he gets more carries and he's making a contract push - they will limit his exposure in other ways.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hostile;1628229 said:

Can Julius catch the ball?????? Not being facetious .... I don't know..can he receive the kick w/out fumbling it.:confused:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;1628221 said:

Yeah... I dont want him back there.... he is a major part of the scoring on offense. Too risky

He is a bruiser not a juker.

Rocky

Reaction score
Well, has anyone signed J Bloom yet? He'd make a decent PR and maybe a slot receiver. Although I'm guessing we're looking for veteran help, if any at all.