Barber's last touchdown

dasander

Reaction score
What I was most impressed with was his speed when he has the ball in his hands. That screen pass he caught against the eagles and that catch and long run against the Texans in preseason just showcased his speed. He makes me think of a TO version of a tight end in that he's dangerous with the ball in his hands.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I saw him blow up a guy while covering a kick return during the Browns game. When I say blew him up, I mean literally made him explode backwards like throwing a rag doll.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
VACowboy;2268731 said:
I hadn't noticed that block, either. Poor Juqua Parker. He got MASHED.
Compare it to the 2nd-and-4 late in the game when we were trying to run out the clock. Barber got 6 yards on first down. On 2nd down, Parker makes an inside move and blows past Tony Curtis to stop Barber for a 1-yard gain. Two plays later, we're punting the ball back to them.

In that situation, we're trying to stay in bounds. The DE knows Barber won't be going outside. Curtis should be expecting the inside move.

It's time for Bennett to be the #2 TE.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
dmq;2268679 said:
Yeah and I picked up Fasano and started him in my fantasy league after his first week because my TEs suck. If he had gotten 3 pts, I would have won last week.:banghead: :bang2: :banghead:

Ha! Me too! I noticed on Yahoo that 19000+ people had dropped Fasano as of Tuesday. I hung on to him as none of my TEs have done anything special so far, so I'm hoping the truth lies somewhere closer to game 1 than game 2.

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
I really have to question anybody who still is pouting over Fasano and doesnt like this pick.

Bennett is 20 years old and had terrible coaching in college and is so raw yet he flashes amazing talent. He shows that he will be the best blocking tight end in football one day and is very fluid and athletic in the passing game.

You just cannot compare the talent level of Fosano and Bennett.. Its not even close. Bennett will be starting very soon, and yes our #2 tight end is essentially a starter.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Jaxonsdaddd;2268839 said:
I really have to question anybody who still is pouting over Fasano and doesnt like this pick.

Bennett is 20 years old and had terrible coaching in college and is so raw yet he flashes amazing talent. He shows that he will be the best blocking tight end in football one day and is very fluid and athletic in the passing game.

You just cannot compare the talent level of Fosano and Bennett.. Its not even close. Bennett will be starting very soon, and yes our #2 tight end is essentially a starter.

Never let reality (the concept, not the moderator here) get in the way of an agenda.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
percyhoward;2268772 said:
Compare it to the 2nd-and-4 late in the game when we were trying to run out the clock. Barber got 6 yards on first down. On 2nd down, Parker makes an inside move and blows past Tony Curtis to stop Barber for a 1-yard gain. Two plays later, we're punting the ball back to them.

In that situation, we're trying to stay in bounds. The DE knows Barber won't be going outside. Curtis should be expecting the inside move.

It's time for Bennett to be the #2 TE.

Not to mention Curtis has picked up 4 false starts in two games, with one of them being nullified by a lucky punch to head by an eagles defender.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Monkey,

Where do you see that on Yahoo Fasano got dumped 1900 times? I can't find that area anymore and it is a huge help to FF paly.

Thanks.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I also noticed Bennett on that play. It reminded me of a guy getting pinned in wrestling. Bennett overwhelmed him and wouldn't release the block.