Barkley's 40-yd dash superimposed over Ezekiel Elliott's

jchap2k

Reaction score
In the video note the first 10 yards. Zeke has the fastest burst start of any of the backs. It is just in straight line speed that he isn't the best. His acceleration when compared to others was what impressed me in that video. Barkley's top speed is impressive though. I think he will need to get past the first line of defense for that speed to really be on display though.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
If I am Cleveland and unsure who I am taking, that #1 pick is dangled for a king's ransom, including next year draft capital in addition to this year...minimally, you still have #4 to make your decision on a QB...I would be saying all over the media "I am taking a QB with the first pick"...then coming back and saying "I really love what Barkley brings, he could be our pick"....then, "We still have #4 to decide on a QB if we want to go there, but adding Chubb opposite of Myles Garrett? Enticing thought."

That way, the teams that want "their" QB could jump up to #1 (see: Denver or NYJ); the NYJ are REALLY intriguing...you KNOW they want the front page of the New York papers to say that they did better than the Giants in the draft; the Giants, who NEED a QB, but presumably may take Barkley could want to make sure that they get barkley - and what if Tampa at #7 wants to move up to #1 to get Barkley???; Indy, thinking that they are set at QB (are they with Luck?) may be looking at pass rush, a weak spot for them, and want to get up there

Having that #4 pick for cleveland really puts them in the cat-bird seat, as long as they don't DOOFUS it up
Very good point, btw ty for the correction. I thought it was 6, not 4.

But I must agree with you. They could potentially get a later 1st this year, a 2nd, and a 1 and 2 next year....

glimmerman

Reaction score
Very good point, btw ty for the correction. I thought it was 6, not 4.

But I must agree with you. They could potentially get a later 1st this year, a 2nd, and a 1 and 2 next year....
The old JJ would be temped to trade away next years draft for the early pick. But who would we get in this draft? If we do it and take that QB I will poo myself. Lol

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I like how big of a deal this is as if Zeke's straight-line speed is what makes him a great running back and not his change of direction, vision, blocking, and receiving.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I like how big of a deal this is as if Zeke's straight-line speed is what makes him a great running back and not his change of direction, vision, blocking, and receiving.
Another year under his belt he should be a beast this year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Let’s see if Barkley goes to a team with the line Dallas has.

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Mover overrated RB prospect to me in years. Averaged less than 5.5 YPC in college is seriously alarming. Workout Warrior. Won't live up to his top 5 selection. Zeke will be twice the pro.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Let’s see him be Elliot. Speed is nice but being a complete RB in the NFL is different.
Barkley is legit..... It is OK to recognize talent in other players for other teams

When you test great and have great tape there are no questions.....just like Zeke

glimmerman

Reaction score
Barkley is legit..... It is OK to recognize talent in other players for other teams

When you test great and have great tape there are no questions.....just like Zeke
No it’s not ok. He sucks.. lmao. Well I guess he can be ok because we already have a good RB. I haven’t got to watch much of the combine yet. Why do they never show the bench press much?

Proof

Reaction score
All this disgusting love fest for barkley reminds me of a former penn state RB. It was 1991 and the name was Blair Thomas. Guy was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Jim Brown. He had everything, and where did he get drafted? 2nd overall...And by Who a NY team. What did he run in the 40? 4.40

And 4.7 Emmitt went 15 spots later lol

What’s disgusting about it?

blueblood70

Reaction score
what worrys me is Ridley is slower than some of the top backs..we really need more speed in a WR , hes not horrible but we need a sub 4.4 guy not 4.5 etc..if we keep dez ridley just doesn't fit, we let dez go than hes a good replacement for dez IF he can step right in an play..

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Mover overrated RB prospect to me in years. Averaged less than 5.5 YPC in college is seriously alarming. Workout Warrior. Won't live up to his top 5 selection. Zeke will be twice the pro.

He played on a team with a sub-par OL (due to the sanctions), while also under Moorhead's RPO. Not the most RB-friendly offensive scheme. Was blown up in the backfield way too many times because of the scheme and busted blocks.

Look -- I don't want this to become a Barkley vs. Zeke comparison. Zeke is the better NFL RB, at least for now. Now, I WILL say this...

I wish Zeke was more like Barkley in terms of personality. Not gonna have to worry about Saquan getting in trouble, ala a guy like Witten or Lee.

DiResta

Reaction score
Barkleys a beast no doubt
but as fast as he is its cool to see that he and Zeke have no separation until the 30 yard mark
by then it would be all over anyway