Barry Church for SS?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
What does everyone think? I liked this kid in camp last year and I know he doesn't have blazing speed but I think he could be a very solid SS. Good in the box.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hard to tell with such limited snaps, but he wasn't an embarrassment when he got his chance.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People like him because on a team that could not tackle he actually could.

As a SS he will be asked to cover TE and RB 1v1. He cannot run. You are basically sending Celek and Cooley to the probowl.

Remember what Mercedes Lewis and Greg Olsen did to us?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
TheCount;4012543 said:
Hard to tell with such limited snaps, but he wasn't an embarrassment when he got his chance.

I don't think any fan can say for certain one way or the other. He could start and have a good season or he could not even be on the roster by the end of the year. You definitely want to get some competition in here for him either way.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He lacks coverage skills. If he played everyday, they would expose him the way people exposed Roy Williams (SS).

If he can improve those coverage skills, he might become a serviceable SS.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
The limited defensive snaps he did see last year were typically on goalline and obvious running situations, IIRC. I wouldn't feel to comfortable seeing him as our starter at SS.

Stautner

Reaction score
My best guess from watching his limited playing time is that he might be a serviceable safety, but not much more. Not real convinced of that even - not much evidence to go by at this point.

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.... I think in today's NFL you definitely need a SS who can cover, they will probably end up re-signing Sensabaugh.

The Natural

Reaction score
Not that it means much but it looked like AOA And Church were the 2 safeties in the walk through with the first team.

Stautner

Reaction score
iGor Olpiffsky;4012677 said:
Not that it means much but it looked like AOA And Church were the 2 safeties in the walk through with the first team.

Without Sensabaugh, and with Ball moving back to CB, they had to throw someone back there.