Based on how the rest of the schedule looks, this was a Bad Win

gtb1943

Reaction score
How is it a bad win? It’s a divisional game. They are typically blowouts for Dallas. But this was a tough battle. This team isn’t gonna blow teams out by 30 like last season.

It won’t be pretty but what do you do when you get punched in the mouth? Are you gonna punch back? This was a test. A tough road win. We are 2-0 on the road.

Pittsburgh will be another tough test. It will show us how tough this team is. It may not be pretty but pretty hasn’t worked the last 3 seasons….lets see what ugly and physical does.
Up against a BAD team that we have owned for the last several years
it is in no way shape or form a good win

jgboys1

Reaction score
Pittsburgh is going be tough. For some reason this team never responds well after a longer than usual breaks. It will be 10 days between games and that is a recipe for disaster, especially against a good opponent.

starfan1

Reaction score
How is it a bad win? It’s a divisional game. They are typically blowouts for Dallas. But this was a tough battle. This team isn’t gonna blow teams out by 30 like last season.

It won’t be pretty but what do you do when you get punched in the mouth? Are you gonna punch back? This was a test. A tough road win. We are 2-0 on the road.

Pittsburgh will be another tough test. It will show us how tough this team is. It may not be pretty but pretty hasn’t worked the last 3 seasons….lets see what ugly and physical does.
you cant reason with these guys MC. They view this team from a negative lense. They are still stuck with green bay loss and the cowboys haven't dominated out of the gate (which is what they would like to see). We are only just under a quarter of the way through and there's lots of football to be played yet.

I don't think Pittsburgh is this juggernaut to be worried about.That don't mean I'm predicting a win because things could go south but if we play smart and physical we may come out OK. I do think a trade needs to be made for another offensive threat if we are to be considered a threat later in the year. We are too 1 dimensional and take away CeeDee your in trouble.

Maybe see what Flournay has? Im not sure what the answer is. I do know they need to rid themselves of all the stupid penalties thats one of the bigger issues with this team. If they get behind the chains they make a difficult climb harder.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Up against a BAD team that we have owned for the last several years
it is in no way shape or form a good win
Doesn’t matter. This is a new year. This ain’t last years team and neither are the Giants.

And I’m looking at the Giants on paper….they don’t look worse than us. I’m looking at Nabers and Robinson….yes Lamb is better than both but they are superior to anything we have next to Lamb. Stud left tackle….Thibadeaux, Lawrence….the talent discrepancy isn’t far off. Never mind coaching. The only edge is really quarterback and against our defense Daniel Jones looked solid.

I don’t say this to make this win look better than it was. I say this to say that….we are probably closer to the Giants than we are a SB winner.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. This is a new year. This ain’t last years team and neither are the Giants.

And I’m looking at the Giants on paper….they don’t look worse than us. I’m looking at Nabers and Robinson….yes Lamb is better than both but they are superior to anything we have next to Lamb. Stud left tackle….Thibadeaux, Lawrence….the talent discrepancy isn’t far off. Never mind coaching. The only edge is really quarterback and against our defense Daniel Jones looked solid.

I don’t say this to make this win look better than it was. I say this to say that….we are probably closer to the Giants than we are a SB winner.
OK I can sort of see this
we are certainly closer to the Giants then the chiefs
and you cannot tell me that a team comes in to play someone they have dominated for years does not make a difference

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you cant reason with these guys MC. They view this team from a negative lense. They are still stuck with green bay loss and the cowboys haven't dominated out of the gate (which is what they would like to see). We are only just under a quarter of the way through and there's lots of football to be played yet.

I don't think Pittsburgh is this juggernaut to be worried about.That don't mean I'm predicting a win because things could go south but if we play smart and physical we may come out OK. I do think a trade needs to be made for another offensive threat if we are to be considered a threat later in the year. We are too 1 dimensional and take away CeeDee your in trouble.

Maybe see what Flournay has? Im not sure what the answer is. I do know they need to rid themselves of all the stupid penalties thats one of the bigger issues with this team. If they get behind the chains they make a difficult climb harder.
They sound like they are upset we won lol. People hate the word but is a process. You build on these wins. Pittsburgh aren’t far off from. Cleveland I don’t know why people are afraid of them. Well if Cleveland had a healthy Chubb anyway. Harris and Warren are solid but these are not the best backs we will face. I’m just taking a wait and see approach. I don’t know what this team is yet. Trying to figure it out lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
OK I can sort of see this
we are certainly closer to the Giants then the chiefs
and you cannot tell me that a team comes in to play someone they have dominated for years does not make a difference
It makes a difference yes. We see it with the 49ers. They come into the game knowing they can beat us. That stuff matters. I don’t mean to say that it doesn’t. I’m saying as far as last year goes? This is just a different team. Giants are better. We’ve taken a step back it seems.

Truthfully this year isn’t much different than this team last year. We beat them 40-0 thanks to the defense and special teams. These games become much closer when you see the regression from the defense. Offense is starting off slow once again but it may be lack of running game.

starfan1

Reaction score
They sound like they are upset we won lol. People hate the word but is a process. You build on these wins. Pittsburgh aren’t far off from. Cleveland I don’t know why people are afraid of them. Well if Cleveland had a healthy Chubb anyway. Harris and Warren are solid but these are not the best backs we will face. I’m just taking a wait and see approach. I don’t know what this team is yet. Trying to figure it out lol.
this week in practice they should do nothing but tackling drills. We have some injury concerns without a doubt but even healthy these folks don't tackle well. I don't think Cleveland will be as bad later in year we could have caught them at the right time it kind of reminds me of cooper rush beating the bengals sometimes timing is everything.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
No such thing as a bad win. It's the NFL. The other guys came to play too. You can argue draft stock and the like, but we're not even 1/4 of the way through the season and sitting at
2-2. We have no clue how the team will respond with 10 days off, but they did show some fight late against the Ravens, and again last night. I'm not confident this is the year by any means, but I do appreciate that they didn't go belly up in an important divisional game on the road. Just keep fighting. That's all I'm asking.

Homer

Reaction score
its only a bad win if you are playing for a high pick in the draft.
otherwise you take the win, and try and improve in ALL the areas you still need to work on. Which is a lot. But a win is a win.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There is no bad win in the NFL, this is a horrible theory. In the division on the road...yeah not its not.

gtb1943

Reaction score
No such thing as a bad win. It's the NFL. The other guys came to play too. You can argue draft stock and the like, but we're not even 1/4 of the way through the season and sitting at
2-2. We have no clue how the team will respond with 10 days off, but they did show some fight late against the Ravens, and again last night. I'm not confident this is the year by any means, but I do appreciate that they didn't go belly up in an important divisional game on the road. Just keep fighting. That's all I'm asking.
if we had managed to slip by the Ravens that would have been a bad win but then Jethro claimed it was pretty much a moral victory so I guess it did not matter

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not drinking the Kool-Aid. This was a bad win but a win none the less. McCarthy still sucks at play calling. Team still starting slow and not playing 4 quarters. And that's just the offense. Defense looked better so if last week was a one-I'd give them a 3 this week. Still think Pittsburg is going to kill us. Watts will have a fields day... :facepalm: And when Micah starts playing like Watts every game we can talk about a new contract...

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
if we had managed to slip by the Ravens that would have been a bad win but then Jethro claimed it was pretty much a moral victory so I guess it did not matter
Confidence and momentum have as much to do with success as physical ability. I'm not big on moral victories, but the run defense did hold against the Ravens late, and followed it up by allowing 1.1ypc against the Giants. That's forward momentum. There's still a bunch of work to do, but they're trending up. Much better than the alternative. You lose this game, you're in danger of slipping into the void.

There are those that want to see failure to stick it to the old man. I'm not one of them. The offseason pissed me off with the lack of movement, followed by Dak's extension, but there's nothing any of us can do about that. If the team is winning games, that's all I can ask for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Had we blown the Giants out it wouldn’t improve our chances going forward. Beating up on mediocre/bad teams proves nothing. We found that out last season. We destroyed some teams last season only to have our butts handed to us the following week.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
First time the team has played a road game on three days rest. My opinion about the team has not changed at all, but I was encouraged about the run defense. The injuries were unfortunate though.