RELEASED Basham to IR, Ridgeway waived

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Believe it or not, they have a deep roster and couldn't just keep Ridgeway as a redshirt player. He probably makes it through waivers and still continue his development. Most wrote-off Bohanna in yr 2 and now he is a starter. I think they have more decisions to come, need to still add Peters and a backup QB.
Deep roster of JAG's

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The problem with the "Vanilla Gorilla" is that he's just way too slow. You can't teach speed. He'll never make it. They put him on the PS just to save face.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If history has anything to say about it, teams are more in line with your POV. I'm just making a general statement. Like you said, in theory. It's always a risk if you try to cut it close.
It is. And I get always thinking about the “what if” especially in drafts. And while I defend them taking Williams….I wouldn’t have but I think they believe he has a higher ceiling than I think. I think his ceiling is closer to Terrell Bashams than it is Micah’s. I hope I’m wrong though.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As the franchise continues to stack decades of unsuccessful seasons upon unsuccessful seasons, the fan base starts to lose sight of what excellence looks like. Add in a billionaire who is an excellent hype man, I doubt we will ever see prolonged excellence again in my lifetime (I’m 55).

Memories of watching the franchise with my dad when I was very young were some of the only good memories of my youth, and I doubt I’m alone, and makes having our noses rubbed in it even more offensive. But I know each ownership family is only temporary, the franchise is forever.
The first sentence is the very definition of normalization of deviance - the term coined in the aftermath of the Challenger space shuttle disaster to explain how creeping deviation from standards lead to acceptance of bad behavior as normal.

And, it is not the fan base that have lost sight of what excellence looks like, it is the FO.

Sure, the team is the highest valued sports franchise in the wotld, has first class training facilities and a great stadium, but there is a serious flaw in the team "culture" that emanates from the very top.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Can’t believe we are actually rueing Ridgeway. Dude is the definition of JAG

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The first sentence is the very definition of normalization of deviance - the term coined in the aftermath of the Challenger space shuttle disaster to explain how creeping deviation from standards lead to acceptance of bad behavior as normal.

And, it is not the fan base that have lost sight of what excellence looks like, it is the FO.

Sure, the team is the highest valued sports franchise in the wotld, has first class training facilities and a great stadium, but there is a serious flaw in the team "culture" that emanates from the very top.

Wow, ive never heard of Normalization of Deviations, but you're :hammer: reading about it we are the embodiment of this.

I then remember this week Cavanaugh saying about how we're attuned to having KM and whether the highest valued franchize in world sport should have someone so limited in ability and aptitude retains his position.

......then I suppose, we the fans, make it easy on the Jones by nitpicking faults: Dak, WR Corp, KM, MM .....when ALL blame to the person in charge - Jerry.

GoldenR

Reaction score
I've stopped believing half of what I hear during TC.
The amount of guys typed over the last 10 -15 years only to go MIA during the regluar season is a long list.
Remember last year, CeeDee was unstoppable?
Unfortunately other teams didn't get the memo.
Yeah, I remember a couple one handed catches by CD last year in camp were posted yet drops are becoming consistent.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sucks as he was my pet cat. Thought for sure with his strength he could take on a double or get up field.
Gotta have quickness to go w/ strength. Otherwise, you won't be able to defeat the defender in front of you. Good NT's plug the middle, but also collapse the pocket and make plays up and down the LOS.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Gotta have quickness to go w/ strength. Otherwise, you won't be able to defeat the defender in front of you. Good NT's plug the middle, but also collapse the pocket and make plays up and down the LOS.
Back to the drawing board.. Hope whomever is in there can stop the run up the middle..

Toro9

Reaction score
Ridgeway is probably safe on the PS. Lots of DTs on this team