Basketball's Lauren Hill dies at age 19 after inspirational cancer battle

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lauren Hill, the college basketball player who fought an inspiring public battle with brain cancer and raised over $1.5 million for research while doing so, died Friday morning at age 19.

Hill, who played at Division III Mount St. Joseph University in the Cincinnati area, made national headlines last fall when the school successfully petitioned the NCAA to move its season opener to an earlier date so the freshman could play. Hill's story quickly went viral, the Nov. 2 game against Hiram College was nationally televised and Xavier University's Cintas Center was packed with 10,000 fans as Hill scored on a layup to fulfill her dream of playing college basketball.

More: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...er-inspirational-cancer-battle-125938562.html

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was just reading an update about her the other day and everything in the story basically sounded like she was fighting, but that her body was tired. Heaven got another angel.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I cannot imagine how devastating that is for her parents. No words would bring comfort.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The soul will forever live among the stars in heaven. Bless her.

burmafrd

Reaction score
to me cancer and alzheimers are examples of what true evil really is.