Be careful buying ticket on EBAY

Cas2800

Reaction score
I left my tickets home and had to get dupicates at the stadium. While in line in the game day ticket problem line I noticed there was alot of people in line. A police officer came over asking everyone what their issue was. The majority of people in line claimed that their tickets would not scan. The officer asked them where they got the ticket and most said they bought them off ebay. The officer went on to say that over the past couple of weeks they have been seeing a large number of tickets being purchased off ebay were not good. He claimed that people are printing ficticious tickets and posting them on ebay. He said they are getting at least 300 people a week with this problem.

The couple in front of me drove all the way from florida to see the game and were hoping that was not the case for them. As they got to the window they found that they did in fact buy bogus tickets. They were both devistated and the girl was crying like crazy.

If your going to buy tickets your best bet is to buy them from the Dallas Cowboys website ticketexchange. There you are buying straight from the Cowboys and not some ripoff on ebay.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
yep. The joy of scalpers.

Its even worse this season. As a season ticket holder, you can email your tickets to someone. When you do this your existing physical ticket in your hand is now no longer valid and only the printed copy that was emailed is valid.

So what is happening is these scammers are selling tickets on ebay where they send the emailed tickets to people, then they sell the hard non valid copies in the parking lot.

Its why I vote to stone scalpers in the town square.

Spectre

Reaction score
To my knowledge, Stubhub.com is a little more reliable.
But don't hold me to it.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Happened to me at the Dall v Atlanta game in Atlanta a couple of years ago.

$350 christmas gift to some *******

catskillthunder

Reaction score
I went to this past weeks Cowboys-Giants game and couldnt help feeling in the back of my mind that I could have somehow gotten scammed. Coming all the way from NY with my 11 yr old son and it being our first/last game together in Texas Stadium, if those tickets were frauds I would have literally killed someone on the spot.

I feel so bad hearing the story about the couple from Florida. Its just really unbelievable what people will do make money at the expense of other peoples hard earned money. If I was the ticket scanner and seeing that women break down like that, I would have somehow slipped them in the gate.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Spectre;2499778 said:
To my knowledge, Stubhub.com is a little more reliable.
But don't hold me to it.

Stubhub guarantees the validity of their tickets and if there's a problem they will get you in with tickets they pool. For someone to sell on stubhub they have to have a credit card number on file which deters a lot of the scammers.

BigDave95

Reaction score
I buy and sell tickets on ebay all the time and have NEVER had a problem. Just check the history of the seller and be sure to go through paypal so you're protected.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Cas2800;2499686 said:
I left my tickets home and had to get dupicates at the stadium. While in line in the game day ticket problem line I noticed there was alot of people in line. A police officer came over asking everyone what their issue was. The majority of people in line claimed that their tickets would not scan. The officer asked them where they got the ticket and most said they bought them off ebay. The officer went on to say that over the past couple of weeks they have been seeing a large number of tickets being purchased off ebay were not good. He claimed that people are printing ficticious tickets and posting them on ebay. He said they are getting at least 300 people a week with this problem.

The couple in front of me drove all the way from florida to see the game and were hoping that was not the case for them. As they got to the window they found that they did in fact buy bogus tickets. They were both devistated and the girl was crying like crazy.

If your going to buy tickets your best bet is to buy them from the Dallas Cowboys website ticketexchange. There you are buying straight from the Cowboys and not some ripoff on ebay.

wow....thanks for the heads-up.:mad:

DA FAN

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy;2499801 said:
Stubhub guarantees the validity of their tickets and if there's a problem they will get you in with tickets they pool. For someone to sell on stubhub they have to have a credit card number on file which deters a lot of the scammers.

I try to only buy through Stuhub for this reason and your post just reassured me...:D

I bought the tickets for this weekend's game through Stubhub.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
The Cowboys are good to people who buy fake tickets though last season I seen a family who had bought fake tickets from ebay and the Cowboys gave them tickets that were still availiable from returns.

So the family got to see the game anyway

ETex

Reaction score
BigDave95 I buy and sell tickets on ebay all the time and have NEVER had a problem. Just check the history of the seller and be sure to go through paypal so you're protected.

YOU MUST RESEARCH THE SELLERS HISTORY!!!! I sell my tickets occasionally and have always done so on Ebay. Stubhub has unreal fees involved and the Cowboys TicketExchange (which I have tried unsuccessfully) has no traffic. Most of the tickets on the TicketExchange are WAY overpriced.

OTH Buying on the ticketexchange allows you to print tickets directly from ticketmaster up to the minute before kickoff.

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU DO BUSINESS WITH OUT THERE PEOPLE!!!!!

morieeel

Reaction score
BigDave95;2499808 said:
I buy and sell tickets on ebay all the time and have NEVER had a problem. Just check the history of the seller and be sure to go through paypal so you're protected.

Yea, I be curious to see if the sellers had a rating. If your a seller, your rating is your bread and butter.
Side Note: I got burned bad by a scalper for a Rams-Packers playoff game few years back. Had no desire to see the game, but went up to party and once I got started drinking my judgement went down the tube and bought a fake off a scalper.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
theebs;2499690 said:
yep. The joy of scalpers.

Its even worse this season. As a season ticket holder, you can email your tickets to someone. When you do this your existing physical ticket in your hand is now no longer valid and only the printed copy that was emailed is valid.

So what is happening is these scammers are selling tickets on ebay where they send the emailed tickets to people, then they sell the hard non valid copies in the parking lot.

Its why I vote to stone scalpers in the town square.

Many years back at the FA Cup Final in England the touts (or scalpers as you know them) were selling large numbers of forged tickets outside the stadium.

unfortunately for them, some of the guys who bought the tickets found them after not being let in, and promptly beat seven bells of S**t out of them.

Now I don't advocate violence of this type, but in these circumstances, they got what they deserved.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;2500342 said:
Many years back at the FA Cup Final in England the touts (or scalpers as you know them) were selling large numbers of forged tickets outside the stadium.

unfortunately for them, some of the guys who bought the tickets found them after not being let in, and promptly beat seven bells of S**t out of them.

Now I don't advocate violence of this type, but in these circumstances, they got what they deserved.

I am all for it.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;2500342 said:

Hey, you mess with the bull, and sometimes you get the horns.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
My mom bought the Cowboys vs bears tickets via stubhub with no problem. i can't stand ebay

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BigDave95;2499808 said:

I agree with you but traveling to the game and not getting in is the problem more than the cost of the tickets.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jobberone;2500442 said:
I agree with you but traveling to the game and not getting in is the problem more than the cost of the tickets.

Well to that I will say this, The best thing you can do is before you purchase tickets anywhere from anyone, call texas stadium and ask about the ticket itself.

You can find out some info sometimes and you will know if the tickets have been forwarded or voided. They are really really good about that stuff.