CFZ Be Careful What You Wish For

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Kellen isn't even a good OC. How is he going to be a head coach? I can't see that doofus being a leader of men. I think Jerry wants Quinn to be the next head coach, but I don't actually know what he wants, other than everyone to stroke is massive ego.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Kellen isn't even a good OC. How is he going to be a head coach? I can't see that doofus being a leader of men. I think Jerry wants Quinn to be the next head coach, but I don't actually know what he wants, other than everyone to stroke is massive ego.

I'd happily take Quinn, but if Jerry is consistent with what he did while JG was OC, the signs to me point to Moore. I know Moore is a terrible OC. But I can't help but get the sense that he's going to be the next HC. It's a Jerry move.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I called it the day Moore was named QB coach. The perfect Jerry guy.

The only question is, does Cooper Rush start as QB coach before moving to OC or does he go straight to OC?

I do believe McCarthy finishes his contract unless he decides to leave, but why would he...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I called it the day Moore was named QB coach. The perfect Jerry guy.

The only question is, does Cooper Rush start as QB coach before moving to OC or does he go straight to OC?

I do believe McCarthy finishes his contract unless he decides to leave, but why would he...

Because he might get fed up with Jerry's sabotage? I think Mike wants to win another Lombardi. Problem is that he's got dead weight at OC, and he knows it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If not Payton he'll be going with Moore. Garrett 2.0 will give us 10 more years of the same crap.

It won't be Payton. I doubt he'd want to join, and the coaching circles talk. I'd imagine if Mike can't, why would Payton? What does he stand to gain? Moore just makes too much sense, so, I think we should support Mike so that Moore either gets plucked by a college or to delay the inevitable.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Because he might get fed up with Jerry's sabotage? I think Mike wants to win another Lombardi. Problem is that he's got dead weight at OC, and he knows it.
Maybe, but I think Jerry owns him for the next two years so he would have to leave a lot of money on the table to quit.

I'm not as down on McCarthy as many are. I don't mind his aggressive nature. I wish I knew the truth about his involvement or lack of, in the offense. I can't imagine he takes a back seat unless he's been told to, but who knows.

Motorola

Reaction score
Oh gosh, I just remembered something that makes my ears twitch even more out of concern. Do you all remember who was made assistant head coach in 2007 when Wade Phillips was hired? Jason Garrett who had just been hired as well. He was always pushing for the HC job when he was the OC. Guess what's happening in the same exact fashion. Kellen Moore is being given the Jason Garrett treatment by Jerry. At some point, if history repeats itself and if my senses are correct, he's going to sabotage Mike out of the HC job and take it over himself. Why? Cuz he'd be the next young hot HC. That'd get the media all adoring Jerry to start with which means more money.
Actually RBH - you overlooked one significant and telling fact about that process back in early 2007.
Jason Garrett was hired as the offensive coordinator of the Cowboys ONE MONTH BEFORE Wade Phillips was hired as the head coach.
A year later - January 2008 - he interviewed with the Ravens and Falcons for the HC jobs; got offeres from both... and turned both franchises down.
Coincidentally, his annual salary with the Cowboys was increased fo almost $3 million - highest in the NFL for his position at that time.
11 months later - December 2009 - Garrett interviewed wirh three other NFL teams over the next two months -Lions, Broncos, and Rams - yet remained with Dallas.
In summary: Garrett's father's work as a scout, plus his own playing career with the franchise, along with his first-ever coaching stint (two years as Dolphins QB coach under HC Nick Saban) enchanted Jerry Jones enough to do a wink-wink arrangement that the Cowboys HC job is yours once Wade screws up.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Actually RBH - you overlooked one significant and telling fact about that process back in early 2007.
Jason Garrett was hired as the offensive coordinator of the Cowboys ONE MONTH BEFORE Wade Phillips was hired as the head coach.
A year later - January 2008 - he interviewed with the Ravens and Falcons for the HC jobs; got offeres from both... and turned both franchises down.
Coincidentally, his annual salary with the Cowboys was increased fo almost $3 million - highest in the NFL for his position at that time.
11 months later - December 2009 - Garrett interviewed wirh three other NFL teams over the next two months -Lions, Broncos, and Rams - yet remained with Dallas.
In summary: Garrett's father's work as a scout, plus his own playing career with the franchise, along with his first-ever coaching stint (two years as Dolphins QB coach under HC Nick Saban) enchanted Jerry Jones enough to do a wink-wink arrangement that the Cowboys HC job is yours once Wade screws up.

Was it a month before? Oh wow, that makes it even more concerning lol. JG preceded Wade by a month, and Moore has proceeded Mike too. Didn't Moore get interview requests too?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Maybe, but I think Jerry owns him for the next two years so he would have to leave a lot of money on the table to quit.

I'm not as down on McCarthy as many are. I don't mind his aggressive nature. I wish I knew the truth about his involvement or lack of, in the offense. I can't imagine he takes a back seat unless he's been told to, but who knows.

I like Mike a lot. I think he was the right hire, and I love the way he's kept this team going when Dak was out. He's been very good for us.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We are the Dallas cowboys. We should have an elite coach. I am sick of the Gerrett/McCarthy mediocrity.

Mike has been good imo. Not great but good. Problem is, we all know why we will not get an elite coach for a long time, and, as much as I hope I'm wrong, we probably are going to go worse than mediocre next.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Mike has been good imo. Not great but good. Problem is, we all know why we will not get an elite coach for a long time, and, as much as I hope I'm wrong, we probably are going to go worse than mediocre next.
Would love Peyton. It would be a game changer.

Redline360

Reaction score
If KM becomes the HC I just.......can't
JG wasnt HC material and look how long we got stuck with that clown

Maybe become a Giants fan since I live an hour away lol

Peyton would have to be on a sh*tload of drugs to come here