Be not prideful. We are 1-2 and headed to 8-8

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Face it.
It is not our year.
We are sub-average at best.
Not a well coached team. And who goes into a season with TE no names and an awful HC?

Not. Our. Year.

Who are we beating to get to 8-8? Even Detroit looks better than us right now.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Face it.
It is not our year.
Not a well coached team. And who goes into a season with TE no names and an awful HC?

Not. Our. Year.

I'm pretty sure all our TEs have names. Dak might wish he had no name if he keeps playing badly.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Last time we started 1-2, we ended up with a 6-10 record. Jerry and Garrett will high five each other and consider an 8-8 a positive season. We'll get more of the same garbage for another year. Sorry, stating the obvious.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
8-8 means a JG extension.

After today's game, I commenced going through the list of the teams we'll face for the rest of the season. Upon having done so, it seemed quite likely that 8-8 was about the best we would accomplish if this team stays at its current level of play. It also seemed quite likely that we might well end up with a 7-9 record as well. If that were to happen, we'd be sorely disappointed. Many of us would hope for a new HC and OC to replace who we've been saddled with for so long as it is.

I then proceeded to ponder what capable coach might want to work with Jerry as his GM. The best practical solution seemed it might be a college coach who had high hopes of stepping up to the pro game. That might be a fairly realistic solution. An established and reasonably successful NFL coach would avoid considering such a job opportunity like the plague. The alternative in such a scenario would, of course, could well be another year with what we already have in house (as depressing as it might seem.) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Face it.
It is not our year.

Not. Our. Year.

Our tight ends are truly terrible. What was up without swaim just running out of bounds on 4th down- what passion that guy has! What effort!

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
After today's game, I commenced going through the list of the teams we'll face for the rest of the season. After having done so, it seemed quite likely that 8-8 was about the best we would accomplish if this team stays at its current level of play. It also seemed quite likely that we might well end up with a 7-9 record as well. If that were to happen, we'd be sorely disappointed. Many of us would hope for a new HC and OC to replace who we've been saddled with for so long as it is.

I then proceeded to ponder what capable coach might want to work with Jerry as his GM. The best practical solution seemed it might be a college coach who had high hopes of stepping up to the pro game. That might be a fairly realistic solution. An established and reasonably successful NFL coach would avoid considering such a job opportunity like the plague. The alternative in such a scenario would, of course, could well be another year with what we already have in house (as depressing as it might seem.) :rolleyes:

We need to go 1-15- burn it all down- this is the only way to move forward....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We need to go 1-15- burn it all down- this is the only way to move forward....

Ouch! Let's hope it wouldn't take something quite that drastic to push Jerry into doing the most practical thing. As poor as we are currently, I can't picture us becoming quite that bad anytime soon. Hopefully, 6-10 or 5-11 might be bad enough to encourage a new coaching hierarchy. Sigh . . . :(

DStar22

Reaction score
Because ....
Because ...
(Fanning me eyes with outstretched fingers)
Because we play the Giants, Jags, Colts, skins and Texans??

Wait ... 6-10.
Damn, son.
Carry on then.

the Jags? the 2-1 Jaguars? I doubt they are a win... they have an amazing D.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll be lucky to get to 8-8. Garrett is done - you heard it here.

doomsday808

Reaction score
We'll be lucky to get to 8-8. Garrett is done - you heard it here.
JG will find something positive in another 8-8 (if we're lucky) season. Jerry will believe his genius head coach and we'll see this again next year.

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol....8-8 sure about that? More like 7-9 or 6 -10.