Be prepared for Dink and Dunk this week again

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Everyone has blamed tony for the INT and losing the game. Which means the old tony we saw running around, making plays and chunking the rock beautifully will go back into hiding.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll be blitz-beating all week, so we'll see a lot of shorter passes in obvious passing situations, but it won't be because of Tony's feelings about being blamed for an interception.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
We'll be blitz-beating all week, so we'll see a lot of shorter passes in obvious passing situations, but it won't be because of Tony's feelings about being blamed for an interception.

Correct. Tony will be looking to get the ball out of his hand quickly this week. You really don't think Tony Romo cares what the fans think about that pick do you? You don't hear him blaming others and making excuses, he took responsibility even though it didn't appear as if it was a mistake other than bad circumstance, and moved on.

He's old hat at putting things behind him by now. If he wasn't, he'd be in the loony bin.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I can't imagine Tony thinks he made a bad decision on that INT so I would hope that would not effect him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope not. We can't put drives together. It's all about the big play.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think it depends on the line and if they pick up the blitz. I think if they do Tony is gonna sling that ball down the field a lot and for some big gainers

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Correct. Tony will be looking to get the ball out of his hand quickly this week. You really don't think Tony Romo cares what the fans think about that pick do you? You don't hear him blaming others and making excuses, he took responsibility even though it didn't appear as if it was a mistake other than bad circumstance, and moved on.

He's old hat at putting things behind him by now. If he wasn't, he'd be in the loony bin.

I didnt say tony cares....tony is not the only one involved here.

Poor run game and the media and everyone chews on the cowboys about the run game and murray puts up 170 the next week.

Coincidence? I think not.

Have you seen air it out and scramble tony much in the past 3 years? nope. Team became all about keeping an INT from happening.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I have a feeling the Boys will at least attempt to go for the explosive plays again at least at the beginning. All I've heard is how the Maroonskins will blitz heavily and not allow the big plays and that the Boys are preparing for it. I think they test the line a bit and try to connect on some long ones. If it goes well, they'll keep it going. If not, they'll curdle back up into their shell and go conservative again.

erod

Reaction score
I expect of lot of Demarco Murray running the ball.

They're going to come after Tony, so the draws should work well. Once they get them backed off, then chunk it downfield!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Everyone has blamed tony for the INT and losing the game. Which means the old tony we saw running around, making plays and chunking the rock beautifully will go back into hiding.

Highly doubt that! So I'm just going to tell you that you're very wrong. We saw last weekend what this offense is capable of. And I could care less if it was the Broncos defense, or any other defense. We have the fire power to match up and beat anyone in this league.

The Cowboys are going full throttle! Expect a nice mix of run and pass. I think the defense shows up too.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Highly doubt that! So I'm just going to tell you that you're very wrong. We saw last weekend what this offense is capable of. And I could care less if it was the Broncos defense, or any other defense. We have the fire power to match up and beat anyone in this league.

The Cowboys are going full throttle! Expect a nice mix of run and pass. I think the defense shows up too.
Offense has been set in motion and will be going full throttle.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I didnt say tony cares....tony is not the only one involved here.

Poor run game and the media and everyone chews on the cowboys about the run game and murray puts up 170 the next week.

Coincidence? I think not.

Have you seen air it out and scramble tony much in the past 3 years? nope. Team became all about keeping an INT from happening.

Murray ran for 170 because STL has one of the worst run defenses in the league, and we got on top early, and controlled the game. Denver has the number ranked run D, but a lousy pass D, and we knew we needed to score a ton to keep up with Denver. I'ts about matchups, and whether we're ahead or behind, not responding to criticism.