Bear's Annual Plea for Help...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
OK gang, I've got my two draft spreadsheets finished up, and at the risk of sounding immodest, I think it's perhaps my best effort yet...

I say that because most years, there will be 150-160 prospects on the list, this year there are 212... better still, a little over 40 per cent of them (86) are players that we know from published media reports that the Cowboys have interviewed, worked out or at least demonstrated some level of interest in...

Part of the reason for this is the help y'all have provided, and the fans on the Ranch Report have provided, in updating the "Who Do The Cowboys Like" threads... a lot of people contributed local reports, and your efforts contributed greatly to the extra depth on this year's lists...

Another reason for the expanded list is my suscription to NFL Draft Scout... that was a few dollars well spent, with them I have access to 750 prospect profiles, and they seem to update their ratings on a near-daily basis as the draft draws near... IOW, if this list is a little more extensive than years past, the reason is better input...

And now, for the help part... I have NOOOOOO idea how to post these Excel spreadsheets in here; every year, I have to ask one of our more tech-savvy members to help me out with this (because it's a colossal pain in the butt sending out 100 e-mails with copies of those spreadsheets)...

So if any of you thinks you could render the sheets in such a way as to post them for my buddies in here, e-mail me at bearlair@shentel.net ASAP... I have two spreadsheets, one listing players by position, the other a value board listing players according to where the Boys are scheduled to draft at this point...

FWIW, once I get these sheets posted online, I will be writing up my annual draft analysis... expect it sometime in the next couple-three days...

silverbear

Reaction score

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I got your sheets yesterday and printed them out. Very nice stuff as always Bear.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
As always, great job. These sheets will be with me on draft day with my usual notes and resources.

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile;2730743 said:
I got your sheets yesterday and printed them out. Very nice stuff as always Bear.

Admit it, hos, I would have been banned a long time ago if I didn't make myself useful this one time of the year... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2730746 said:
As always, great job. These sheets will be with me on draft day with my usual notes and resources.

The thought of you and other posters in here using my spreadsheets on draft weekend makes the whole thing worthwhile...

silverbear

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2730810 said:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Very nice!!!

I'm kinda proud of how they turned out this year, and eager to see how many players not on my list the Boys will wind up taking... :D

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
silverbear;2730753 said:
The thought of you and other posters in here using my spreadsheets on draft weekend makes the whole thing worthwhile...

super job silverbear as usual

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
very nice SB.
The only question is what do the color codes tie to?

The orange and green et al?

silverbear

Reaction score
jterrell;2730908 said:
very nice SB.
The only question is what do the color codes tie to?

The orange and green et al?

An eminently fair question, I should have explained that already:

The orange-shaded rows are players the Cowboys are known to like...

Players in green fonts are players I'm considering for pick 51, but who might be drafted by then...

Players in blue fonts are players who most likely will not be drafted (these are players not included in NFL Draft Scout's top 350 players)... FWIW, on the draft value board, these players in blue fonts are not considered, which is why that list is shorter...

On the position by position breakdown, players in italics are players I like; on the draft value board, players I like are underlined (too lazy when I got them both written up to go back and do the players I liked the same way on both)...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bear

how in the Sam Hades does DT Corey Irvin remind you of QB Tony Romo

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
saved to the crackberry thank you bear i dont care what the mods say about you

edit: noticed something for DT Corey Irvin you have his NFL comparison to Tony Romo typo?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
You did a very good job. Putting all those players together is helpful.

Thank you.

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile;2730743 said:

Want to let you know that the sheets linked to in this thread contain a few more names than the list you got (but only a few)...

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;2731902 said:
Bear

how in the Sam Hades does DT Corey Irvin remind you of QB Tony Romo

That's a complete typo, man... feel free to ignore that one...

If any of y'all spot any other puzzling entries, by all means let me know...

silverbear

Reaction score
the kid 05;2732008 said:
saved to the crackberry thank you bear i dont care what the mods say about you

Sniff... I thought the mods all loved me...

Well, except for the ones who have given me infractions over the years...

Which, come to think of it, is just about all of 'em... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
41gy#;2732086 said:
You did a very good job. Putting all those players together is helpful.

Thank you.

You're welcome, and thank you for the kind words...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
silverbear;2732098 said:
Sniff... I thought the mods all loved me...

Well, except for the ones who have given me infractions over the years...

Which, come to think of it, is just about all of 'em... :D

dont worry me and pinky are planning to take over the world soon and you shall have your revenge MUAHAHAH*cough cough*

silverbear

Reaction score
the kid 05;2732100 said:
dont worry me and pinky are planning to take over the world soon and you shall have your revenge MUAHAHAH*cough cough*

Are y'all planning on making me Emperor of the Universe??