Bear's Draft Spreadsheet-- by position

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Update :

Rows shaded in gray are players the Cowboys are known to have shown an interest in (according to media reports, not just unconfirmed message board rumors)... players in blue in those shaded rows are players the Boys like, who are likely to be drafted... players in red, whether they're in the shaded boxes or not, are players who I think are unlikely to be drafted, who might make good undrafted rookie free agent targets for the Boys... if the players in red are in gray-shaded rows, those are also players the Boys have some interest in (most of them were invited to the Dallas Day last week), but they aren't likely to be drafted... keep an eye on this bunch, I can practically guarantee that at least 2 or 3 of our undrafted rookie free agent signings will come from that list... finally, any player in italic fonts is a player that I particularly like...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Silverbear1.jpg

silverbear

Reaction score
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Silverbear2.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will come in handy on Draft day...just to have something to look at and keep an eye on, esp in the later rounds.

silverbear

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2041142 said:
This will come in handy on Draft day...just to have something to look at and keep an eye on, esp in the later rounds.

You readers owe Brain here a thank you for converting my spreadsheets into something that could be posted here... thanks a lot, pal...

silverbear

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2041150 said:
Thanks SB!

I always print out your stuff.

:bow:

To tell you the truth, the thought of so many of you using my spreadsheets to enhance your enjoyment of draft weekend puts a big ol' smile on my face...

So you are most assuredly welcome...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Desean Jackson, Tyrell Johnson, Thomas Brown...no Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm?

just a few of the notables I dont see

David

Jordan55

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
Greatly appreciated.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ok bear......great work as usual....way too much time on your hands old man......:laugh2:

can you tell me what the blue, white, and red fonts mean? how about the white vs gray backdrop?

silverbear

Reaction score
dbair1967;2041244 said:
Desean Jackson, Tyrell Johnson, Thomas Brown...no Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm?

just a few of the notables I dont see

David

LOL... I go through this every year... this draft board is a Cowboys-specific board, not a complete list of all the draft-eligible prospects... that's why no Ryan or Brohm, I don't see QB as a team need early on... Henne and Flacco only made the list because I read reports that the Boys had interviewed them, shown some interest in them...

I should, however, have included Tyrell Johnson... I have since learned that the Boys apparently have shown some interest in him... as for DeSean Jackson, I have NO use for him, and will be rather upset if the Boys were to waste (IMO) a draft pick on him...

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;2041353 said:
ok bear......great work as usual....way too much time on your hands old man......:laugh2:

can you tell me what the blue, white, and red fonts mean? how about the white vs gray backdrop?

A good question, I should have given y'all the legend before this...

Rows shaded in gray are players the Cowboys are known to have shown an interest in (according to media reports, not just unconfirmed message board rumors)... players in blue in those shaded rows are players the Boys like, who are likely to be drafted... players in red, whether they're in the shaded boxes or not, are players who I think are unlikely to be drafted, who might make good undrafted rookie free agent targets for the Boys... if the players in red are in gray-shaded rows, those are also players the Boys have some interest in (most of them were invited to the Dallas Day last week), but they aren't likely to be drafted... keep an eye on this bunch, I can practically guarantee that at least 2 or 3 of our undrafted rookie free agent signings will come from that list... finally, any player in italic fonts is a player that I particularly like...

silverbear

Reaction score
Jordan55;2041326 said:
Thanks for taking the time to put it together.
Greatly appreciated.

Hope you enjoy them, Jordan... I can't wait for next weekend...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
silverbear;2041501 said:
LOL... I go through this every year... this draft board is a Cowboys-specific board, not a complete list of all the draft-eligible prospects... that's why no Ryan or Brohm, I don't see QB as a team need early on... Henne and Flacco only made the list because I read reports that the Boys had interviewed them, shown some interest in them...

I should, however, have included Tyrell Johnson... I have since learned that the Boys apparently have shown some interest in him... as for DeSean Jackson, I have NO use for him, and will be rather upset if the Boys were to waste (IMO) a draft pick on him...

got it...

I believe Tyrell Johnson had made the infamous dry board list everyone saw a couple weeks back

David

silverbear

Reaction score
dbair1967;2041524 said:
got it...

I believe Tyrell Johnson had made the infamous dry board list everyone saw a couple weeks back

David

Missed that one... he's on my list here at home now... :D

UncleOscar

Reaction score
You list has the Boys with no interest on Mike Jenkins??? Why is that?

silverbear

Reaction score
Twisted Dawg;2042109 said:
You list has the Boys with no interest on Mike Jenkins??? Why is that?

I've seen no reports that they have shown any interest in him...

FWIW, my definition of "interest" are reports that the Boys talked with a player at the Senior Bowl or at the combine, or players that the Boys sent a contingent to watch work out at their Pro Day workouts, or players that the Boys brought in for a private "visit"...

I simply didn't see that the Boys did any of that with Jenkins... but I do have him rated pretty highly among the CBs... he's just not shaded in gray...

Of course, it's entirely possible that I missed some report that they had shown an interest in him... I try to pay attention, but some things can slip by me over the weeks...