Bears to try long ball more?

newlander

Reaction score
That's what the Chicago sports radio shows in my area are carrying on about. They think that we can be had because of our banged up secondary. I really think we'll negate Benson on the ground and put it in Rex's hands to beat us. He can't if we bring pressure. He can if we don't. It's really that simple. I think they score about 17 offensive pts. on us. So,,,,,,,,that makes it critical we don't turn it over on offense. We'll score about 21 with a mix of run, short pass and slant routes to negate chicago's pressure:( see the game plan for Indy last year.) I also trust Mcbriar and Folk to kick away from Hester: he's scary. Make it 21-20 'Boys. :starspin

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Deep throws require deeper drops, though. And a main way teams have been avoiding sacks against us is by using shorter drops and quicker throws.

If they want to drop Rex seven steps to try to throw deep, I think Rex will be getting to know Mr. Ware pretty well Sunday night.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Miami has one of the worst OL's in the NFL, so they game plan around 3 step drops. Chicago has one of the best OL's in the NFL, so they'll go deep often.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1659221 said:
Deep throws require deeper drops, though. And a main way teams have been avoiding sacks against us is by using shorter drops and quicker throws.

If they want to drop Rex seven steps to try to throw deep, I think Rex will be getting to know Mr. Ware pretty well Sunday night.

Our secondary is next to last in the league.

Frozen700

Reaction score
eduncan22;1661886 said:

yo shut up....you are so damn annoying....i swear i wish i could hit you, if this wasn't a message board, and everyone was in a room discussing Cowboys, i beat you would be in the back with your mouth closed

i don't get why you say things that we already know

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1661892 said:
yo shut up....you are so damn annoying....i swear i wish i could hit you, if this wasn't a message board, and everyone was in a room discussing Cowboys, i beat you would be in the back with your mouth closed

Maybe you would like it sugar coated next time.

I prefer to deal with reality.

You seem to lack that ability.

Frozen700

Reaction score
eduncan22;1662004 said:

no...if somebody like HOS said it...i would not care.....but you say the same thing over n over...you're like a parrot

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1662023 said:
no...if somebody like HOS said it...i would not care.....but you say the same thing over n over...you're like a parrot

How about this...

Our secondary is ranked #1 in the NFL.

There is no way Chicago will challenge Henry and Reeves

Feel better?

By the way..I didn't start this thread.

Mansta54

Reaction score
eduncan22;1662004 said:

Reality is, TNew hasn't played yet which makes a HUGE difference..

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;1662029 said:
Reality is, TNew hasn't played yet which makes a HUGE difference..

I hope Reeves has another good game.

I think he can be a player for us.

Frozen700

Reaction score
eduncan22;1662035 said:

there we finally something nice, i have nothing more to say now :p:

Mansta54

Reaction score
eduncan22;1662035 said:

I agree!! I think he's gonna be just fine but getting TNew back is not just HUGE for our secondary but our entire D. Roy will hang around the LOS more.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Mansta54;1662037 said:
I agree!! I think he's gonna be just fine but getting TNew back is not just HUGE for our secondary but our entire D. Roy will hang around the LOS more.

yup i agree

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
eduncan22;1661886 said:

Thats with Newman riding the pine. Going to be alot different with him back in the lineup.

Jerry Jones said playing without Newman on D would be like playing without Romo on O.

Also, when you average over 40+ points a game, the other team has to pass to keep up with you. That will skew the passing yards allowed by the defense.

The stats dont always tell the story.;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1662049 said:
Thats with Newman riding the pine. Going to be alot different with him back in the lineup.

Jerry Jones said playing without Newman on D would be like playing without Romo on O.

Also, when you average over 40+ points a game, the other team has to pass to keep up with you. That will skew the passing yards allowed by the defense.

Indeed. We just happen to be 2nd overall in passing attempts. Guess what! Lots of pass attempts is going to lead to lots of yardage. Teams are passing 42 times per game, while they're only rushing 21.5 times per game.

When you look at our opponent's QB rating, we're 17th in league in passing defense. I'd say that's pretty darn good considering we've been without Newman.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1662049 said:

True....but

We are allowing 27.5 pts per game..

that's good enough for a 26th ranking in the NFL.

We should improve on that tonight.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1661892 said:

Not sure what the history is between you and eduncan but your response to him just now was totally uncalled for.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Draegerman;1662060 said:
Not sure what the history is between you and eduncan but your response to him just now was totally uncalled for.

obviously...you don't know him.....but i don't care anymore, he said something nice :)

newlander

Reaction score
great approach and D ware was on fire. Now if Crayton can hang onto the ball and the zebras don't screw us on 4 more calls(by my count) we can eek this thing out.:banghead: