Bears VS Skins game notes....Final Skins 9, Bears 7

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sacase said:
Didn't there used to be a rule where if the crowd was too lou you could get a penalty on the defense?

Still is I think - rarely enforced since it is a lame rule.

sacase

Reaction score
yeah it is kinda lame. I was kinda suprised it wasn't called though

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Just looking at the rookie's stats - looks like he's hitting pretty sweet on the short passes, but I can't see the Bears making many big catches. Ah well, 25mins to kick off.

kmp77

Reaction score
%!#$@!....oh well...this just proves Washington isn't a thread this year. Was hoping they'd lose :(

sacase

Reaction score
slurs are not at all scary. I can't wait till next week

I cna see the skins fans bragging how great they are holding the bears to only 7 points.

zagnut

Reaction score
The Bears are one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL and the Skins barely win at home. Good luck in the playoffs Skins fans. :cool:

:suxskins:

:skins:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
My thoughts:

- The run blocking looks much better. That being said, outside of one series in the 4th quarter, Urlacher was pretty much nowhere to found. Most of his tackles were on plays the Skins gained good yardage.

- The pass blocking looks better. That being said the way to put a beating on Ramsey and Brunnell is to blitz and unless you're not ready like Drew Henson was last Thanksgiving, the Bears D doesn't blitz very often. Thus, it's a favorable matchup for the Skins.

- When Brunnell is in and Gibbs needs a first down pretty badly, they almost ALWAYS run a bootleg. Hopefully Parcells and Zimmer pick this up.

- When the Skins pretty much know you're going to run the ball or if you're in 3rd and say 6 to 10 yards, they almost always blitz. They love to blitz to stop the run.

- That being said, they don't sack the QB. Guess Phillip Daniels isn't the savior they thought he was.

The Skins were very fortunate to get away with a win there. For starters, Brunnell threw an INT that was ran back deep into Skins territory. It was called back for Pass Interference, but it was pretty obvious to me that while it was a good call....it didn't play a factor in the INT.

The refs missed a late hit on Taylor. The next play Orton threw a pick. Two things on this...if they call the late hit, that moves the ball to the Skins 7 yard line if I'm correct.

Secondly, I didn't like the play call by the Bears on that INT. With rookie QB's you really need to be low risk with your passing. You can throw it long and get away with it. But on short and medium pass patterns you need to be really careful and safe. In other words, you need to pick and choose your spots. The Bears got a bit lucky on the pass before the pick and they should've been a bit more conservative considering that their QB almost just got picked off.

Not to mention the Bears had several drops and on one drive they moved the ball to the Skins side of the field and wound up being 3rd and 38 because of penalties. They also dropped another pass on that third down that would've given them a field position advantage.

Rich.............