Beasley and Austin

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think the thread title should be "Beasley or Austin". Beasley is overrated and overvalued by the fans. They won't be on the field together because they are basically the same tool in the toolbox. Beasley proved how worthless he is last season and now he would rather produce crap music so just cut him and let Austin have his time on the field. It's an upgrade anyway. I know others will disagree but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have zero confidence in Linehan doing anything "right".

I felt that way too, but with the recent talk of Linehan fully taking over the offense from Garrett, I figure we never got to really see what Linehan could do.

I wanted Linehan canned last year. But if Garrett was still exerting a lot of control, I'm not willing to blame Linehan for the clown show.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I felt that way too, but with the recent talk of Linehan fully taking over the offense from Garrett, I figure we never got to really see what Linehan could do.

I wanted Linehan canned last year. But if Garrett was still exerting a lot of control, I'm not willing to blame Linehan for the clown show.

Linehan has been around for years it is his offense. 2015 would have gotten anyone fired but not in Dallas.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Check out some of the other Austin threads, there are plenty of folk with really big expectations. I agree, this offense will go as far as Dak and Zeke go. Personally, I prefer to temper my expectations, especially when you have recent comparable history to go on.

As long as the ginger is our head coach my expectations will always be tempered. I’m always hopeful but my enthusiasm has waned considerably since Garrett took over. I used to even spend a small fortune yearly on Cowboy gear but haven’t bought anything for a couple years. Someone wake me when this nightmare is over.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
I’ve been saying this for a couple years, two slot receivers. With less witten. I thought Switzer had a lot of potential for this. Hopefully now they run a system that can capitalize on both their ability’s.
I like the thought of them both playing out of the slot simultaneously. new England often uses the two slot wr approach. these two are made for it.[/QUOTE
I think at this point, real cowboy fans will be thrilled if any of the players can catch the ball and move the chains. other than that, who cares. catch the ball, move the chains, lets pray the team can find the end zone.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think the thread title should be "Beasley or Austin". Beasley is overrated and overvalued by the fans. They won't be on the field together because they are basically the same tool in the toolbox. Beasley proved how worthless he is last season and now he would rather produce crap music so just cut him and let Austin have his time on the field. It's an upgrade anyway. I know others will disagree but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Beasley has averaged 36 catches over 5 of his NFL seasons - the exact total he had last year. His 2016 season is an outlier.

But he's a Texas boy so local Cowboys fans see him as more than he really is, but that's common with fan bases everywhere.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Linehan has been around for years it is his offense. 2015 would have gotten anyone fired but not in Dallas.

Just this year they said Linehan was taking full control of the offense from Garrett, meaning he wasn't in full control before.

2017 should have gotten whoever was really in charge of the offense fired. Sounds like that was Garrett, not Linehan.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I like the thought of them both playing out of the slot simultaneously. new England often uses the two slot wr approach. these two are made for it.

A SL and a W but you'd have to have a X and Z. You'd likely have a Y. That often leaves you an empty backfield.