Twitter: Beasley on Dak

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
In an age of instant gratification as the norm,opinions will keep changing every week.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#82 didnt have the open rate catch rate or scoring rate per snap as Beasely. Plus Beasely singlehandedly won us games at critical moments. #82 used to be great. Hes D.O.N.E. 3 catches for 15 yards against the sorriest team in the league on 43 snaps is subpar. His little 3 yard td aint squat. Had that been a good defense you could erase both of those Tds. They cant carry the load as receivers. They will go Awol at scoring.

So youre telling me youd rather see the mistake prone jarwin and the old slow witten dominating passing snaps over any wr or rb on this team.

Wheres all this he always seems to get open hooplah coming from. 3 catches for 15 yards is not proof of that at all.

He gets a few catches per game for 20 yards but thats playing every passing snap. If I played every passing snap i could get 3 catches for 15 yards. Lol

A few questions ...

1. Do you realize Runny didn’t indicate Witten was still at the peak of his career?
2. Who is creating all this “hoopla” you are talking about when Witten has just a few catches for low yardage?
2. What Jarwin mistakes are you talking about?
3. Do you understand TEs fill a different role than WRs, and therefore aren’t interchangeable with WRs?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
A few questions ...

1. Do you realize Runny didn’t indicate Witten was still at the peak of his career?
2. Who is creating all this “hoopla” you are talking about when Witten has just a few catches for low yardage?
2. What Jarwin mistakes are you talking about?
3. Do you understand TEs fill a different role than WRs, and therefore aren’t interchangeable with WRs?

We can run some 10 formations and dual rb formations. Theres no unwritten rule that we have to run only 11 12 or 13 personell.

If Km is smart hell play the best player and let that position die

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
??? If they use the TEs properly, which Moore seems to know how to do, they're indispensable.

This offense cant string high scoring games together. The players dont avg any points. Moore must be using these tes improperly today. Lets face it. We suck on grass. We'll squeek out a 13 to 10 win if were lucky.

Dak is still throwing the ball behind the receiver and the receiving core bailed him out last week by making those catches but this week were on grass and 6 points is alot of points when you dont have any grass horses. Were 10 x better on the carpet

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This offense cant string high scoring games together. The players dont avg any points. Moore must be using these tes improperly today. Lets face it. We suck on grass. We'll squeek out a 13 to 10 win if were lucky.

Dak is still throwing the ball behind the receiver and the receiving core bailed him out last week by making those catches but this week were on grass and 6 points is alot of points when you dont have any grass horses. Were 10 x better on the carpet
:flagwave:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can run some 10 formations and dual rb formations. Theres no unwritten rule that we have to run only 11 12 or 13 personell.

If Km is smart hell play the best player and let that position die
Of course you don’t have to, but neither do you have to focus on formations without the TEs. It depends on what a team wants to do. It’s not just a matter of playing the most athletic guys - that’s an overly simplistic view of the game. This isn’t flag football, and there are a lot of incredibly athletic guys who didn’t even stick in the NFL. It’s a matter of how a team feels it can best accomplish what it wants to on offense. And it seems to me betwen Witten and Jarwin the TE position is helping the team do that.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That's great for Beasley to say.

I got on his case here more than once when he was saying stuff about Dallas, so it's only fair I give him props for comments like this.

So, props, Beasley.:clap:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Well we played way better in the second half. But Washington's secondary was dessimated w injuries. Were playing the 3 worst teams in the league right out of the gate.

The slot wrs and rbs are still better than all the tes on the team. Our tes arent drawing any top defenders. Imagine how good our offense would be if we had a dominant te. Our passing game is pretty good but its not because of Witten or Jarwin. They sneak open against the scrub defenses on occasion for a few rinky dink receptions but come do or die w the season on the line you can bet that 12 personell wont do jack squat for another 15 years until they get te that can draw a top defender.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well we played way better in the second half. But Washington's secondary was dessimated w injuries. Were playing the 3 worst teams in the league right out of the gate.

The slot wrs and rbs are still better than all the tes on the team. Our tes arent drawing any top defenders. Imagine how good our offense would be if we had a dominant te. Our passing game is pretty good but its not because of Witten or Jarwin. They sneak open against the scrub defenses on occasion for a few rinky dink receptions but come do or die w the season on the line you can bet that 12 personell wont do jack squat for another 15 years until they get te that can draw a top defender.
I posted that immediately after Witten scored his second TD in 2 games. :grin:

You seem to be getting heated over this. There's no need to, brother. We're both fans of the same team.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beasley isn't the player Cobb, Gallup and Coop are. I would've kept Hurns though, due to Cobb's inability to stay healthy.
I think we are ok with Devin Smith. Is Hurns even on a team at this point? The Dolphins cut him.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I posted that immediately after Witten scored his second TD in 2 games. :grin:

You seem to be getting heated over this. There's no need to, brother. We're both fans of the same team.
im always overheated about this debate. No other teams overutilize a dual te passing formation than us. The 12 formation is great when you have Gronks and Hernandez who were dominant receivers.

But weve been watching witten and Escobar or Witten and Hanna or Swaim and Jarwin. When is the last time our te core scored 8-10 tds in one year. Dc Nation thought Swaim was SERVICEABLE and he had 1 td all year long on a 1 yard pass and never came off the field. Lol.

#82 has 7 catches for 40 yards in 2 games. Thats less than 6 yards per catch and Playing 45 snaps per game.

Thats not acceptable #'s for starting tes who dominate passing snapcounts. Jerry is trying to make #82 the all time team scoring leader. When he does it in gamechanging or playoff caliber fashion I'll climb aboard the 12 formations train that has netted us 1 playoff td in 16 years.

Last edited: