Beating a dead horse

heavyg

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboys fan for a very long time. I have been through the horrible 80's and the glorious 90's. Saturday nights game ranks as one of the most heartbreaking and disappointing losses. I was so disgusted with this team after the game and still am. It wasn't so much the loss. It was how we lost and the meaning of the game. The team was flat. FLAT!! In the last game at Texas Stadium. With all those former Cowboys greats watching them and they come out and lay a TURD.

Who's fault is it? I really don't know. I think there is alot of blame to go around. But IMO it starts at the top with Jerry Jones. He needs to change his approach and hire a coach and let that coach pick his own staff and then let him coach the team as he sees fit.

You know there is NO WAY Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin would have let the boys lose the last game at Texas Stadium. They have way to much heart and too much pride. This current team needs to be ashamed. :bang2:

heavyg

Reaction score
Alexander;2517665 said:
Win Sunday and it will be forgotten.

It won't be forgotten for me. Had this been just a normal game with no meaning (Texas Stadium Closing) maybe.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
heavyg;2517664 said:
I have been a Cowboys fan for a very long time. I have been through the horrible 80's and the glorious 90's. Saturday nights game ranks as one of the most heartbreaking and disappointing losses. I was so disgusted with this team after the game and still am. It wasn't so much the loss. It was how we lost and the meaning of the game. The team was flat. FLAT!! In the last game at Texas Stadium. With all those former Cowboys greats watching them and they come out and lay a TURD.

Who's fault is it? I really don't know. I think there is alot of blame to go around. But IMO it starts at the top with Jerry Jones. He needs to change his approach and hire a coach and let that coach pick his own staff and then let him coach the team as he sees fit.
:

He'll only do that once he gets desperate again after the team hits bottom.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
When they win Sunday and win and make noise in the playoffs people won't be nearly as upset about this as they are right now.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
heavyg;2517676 said:
It won't be forgotten for me. Had this been just a normal game with no meaning (Texas Stadium Closing) maybe.
I agree even if we went to the playoffs this game still wouldn't be forgotten we won't get another chance to play at this stadium where so many great games were played and then the last game which was supposed to be a win was one of the worst losses all season.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
IMO, this team has had a habit of being flat in Dec. and Jan. FOR YEARS.

I'm not a fan of Wade, because I think he's a terrible motivator and disciplinarian. His personality has permeated this team. Nothing seems to get them fired up emotionally.

That said, this "flat" thing has been happening for years, even under the ultra-disciplinarian Parcells, so I blame most of it on this group of players.

How this team can see the brass ring and NEVER recognize the magnitude of the moment and reach out and grab it is unfathomable to me.

At the player level, there is such a vocal leadership void and I don't understand it. Too many quiet stars (Ware, Witten, etc.), too many loud, average players (Crayton, Tank, James, etc), too many whiny, supposed veteran "leaders" (Ellis, Roy, etc.) or too many locker room distractions (TO, Pac, etc.).

Where o where is the perfect star/vocal leader with actual cred?