Been seeing a lot of rumors on trading Cooper

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is one rumor but have seen others linking KC and NY Jets

The Jaguars’ priority this offseason should be to get their signal-caller, Trevor Lawrence, plenty of weapons. That is the best way to ensure a young quarterback’s success in the NFL. See Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals as the prime example. Luckily for Baalke, the Dallas Cowboys could move on from Pro Bowl wide receiver Amari Cooper.

Anything is possible when talking about the Cowboys, so if Jerry Jones will be taking offers for Cooper, the Jaguars are in the perfect position to offer draft capital for the wideout’s services. Besides, let’s not put it past Jones to trade Cooper to a team that had the worst record in 2021. More importantly, by moving Cooper, the Boys would free up nearly $16 million in cap space with a dead-money hit of $6 million if he’s dealt around draft time.

If you’re Baalke, you surround Lawrence with playmakers, and good things will happen. It’s not rocket science. Cooper’s contract is an expensive one, yes, but proven commodities in the NFL don’t come cheap. In this scenario, the Jags acquire Cooper in exchange for their two 2022 third-round selections. Keep in mind Jacksonville got an additional third-round pick, along with tight end Dan Arnold, when they traded cornerback C.J. Henderson to the Panthers.

Jaguars have enough draft capital to pull off trade for Amari Cooper? (blackandteal.com)
you mean like the Sean Payton rumors what will never become reality.,.lol stop reading nonsense until story pops up with real bite. No truth to rumors brah..clickbait and hyperbole by writers( that being nice) looking for story's and posting it up.

Gaede

Reaction score
I was against trading Cooper. But we're kind of in a tough spot with the cap. He's tradeable asset. As is Collins.

I would definitely look into it

We'd probably end up using any pick from a Cooper trade on a receiver. So it would be purely a cap move.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cooper didn't take any attention away. Cooper admitted in recent weeks he was mostly single covered most of this season. Even Jerry called out Cooper recently because it was so obvious Cooper never drew more than single coverage most of the time.
Get rid of Cooper and let's find out.

That's the fun part about all this.

Put up or shut up.

Sydla

Reaction score
CeeDee Lamb:
1,102 yards receiving
79 catches
13.9 per catch average
6 TDs
Long of 49 yards

Yes. CeeDee had the highest numbers in each category, except for TDs, in 2021. Those are legit #1 WR numbers. He easily could have had another 200+ yards had he not had so many drops.

Can this myth die? He didn't have that many drops, especially relative to his peers. He had 8 drops. Thats it. JaMarr Chase has 11 for comparison. Tyreek Hill had 7. Deebo Samuel had 10. Cooper Kupp had 8. Even when you compare as a percentage of targets, Lamb is no outlier here.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Same culprits with their lame anti-Dak posts every single day. As if that's going to make Jerry replace Dak?
:facepalm:
LoL, what's up lil buttercup? Still haven't realized he sucked? Doesn't matter. We all know he won't go anywhere in the next couple of years. Still need him to step up his game and take more responsibility. Enough with the "who fookin who who" else is playing bad. He's the guy before everyone else to perform and lead the way. Against +.500 teams by the way. If he can do this (with a Lamb at #1 WO) we're cool.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
you mean like the Sean Payton rumors what will never become reality.,.lol stop reading nonsense until story pops up with real bite. No truth to rumors brah..clickbait and hyperbole by writers( that being nice) looking for story's and posting it up.

Payton has not ruled out returning to coaching and I do not expect Dallas to give up picks to grab him. As for what I posted, Cowboys are in a cap crunch and we likely lose players in FA and will have to restructure contracts to get under the cap. Now if I can get cap relief and draft picks out of the deal as well then it would be foolish not to listen and trading of players is a pretty common situation. Will this happen? I don't know but is well within the realm of reality

quickccc

Reaction score
You draft a lot of guys with hope they will turn into something.

Do you think, right now, CeeDee is an ideal #1 receiver?

- Lamb is still in a developing process and he hasn't gain the QB rapport with Dak he needs to.
He's not a takeover lead feature WR - but then neither is Cooper, imo.

- Cooper while a good route runner tends to get bang up often, he tends shows up in spots and occasions. and my biggest peeve- he cannot beat the
the better, more elite coverage CBs.
For what the Cowboys are dishing out for him dollar wise as one of the highest paid WRs, he's not delivering what he's paid for.
Cooper is not worth being held hostage for that.

- The big key is re-signing Gallup and Wilson, so that would lessen the burden of just relying on just Lamb.
You also lose Gallup and Wilson, and that help crushes any thought of trading or releasing Cooper.

- Yes, they are more role players - but losing both of them would too much depletes your WR unit as a whole, especially considering Cooper's yearly nagging injuries
and we'd have to re-start all over trying to draft and find significant factor WRs all over again. That's too time consuming and it eats up too much draft pick capital.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think JJ was not pleased about Coopers season. But it’s not all on him. Dak has to throw the ball that way.. And the O-Line has to give him time to throw and Moore needed to find shorter routes to get him the ball..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Cooper didn't take any attention away. Cooper admitted in recent weeks he was mostly single covered most of this season. Even Jerry called out Cooper recently because it was so obvious Cooper never drew more than single coverage most of the time.
If you ran out of gas on the way to get gas you'd blame the gas station for being to far away.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Can this myth die? He didn't have that many drops, especially relative to his peers. He had 8 drops. Thats it. JaMarr Chase has 11 for comparison. Tyreek Hill had 7. Deebo Samuel had 10. Cooper Kupp had 8. Even when you compare as a percentage of targets, Lamb is no outlier here.
False information.

Screenshot-20220126-081220-Google.jpg

CeeDee Lamb had 8 dropped passes by the second Giants game on December 19, 2021 as the picture above shows (Google). There were still 3 regular season games left, plus the Wild Card playoff game against the 49ers where CeeDee dropped 2 more passes.

Those credited 8 drops are wrong. CeeDee dropped way more passes than that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Payton has not ruled out returning to coaching and I do not expect Dallas to give up picks to grab him. As for what I posted, Cowboys are in a cap crunch and we likely lose players in FA and will have to restructure contracts to get under the cap. Now if I can get cap relief and draft picks out of the deal as well then it would be foolish not to listen and trading of players is a pretty common situation. Will this happen? I don't know but is well within the realm of reality
THIS YEAR ,YES

hes stated as much hes got burnout and doesn't want to coach like Meyer forcing him or urging him with giant money to would be disaster now movie on with this RUMOR MILL of site of late.its not happening this year support MM or move on..

He’s made it clear I E Sean Payton himself does not want to coach this year he’s also under contract for two years Mike McCarthy‘s under contract for at least another year to two years.

So even if the Saints allowed Sean Payton to leave they’re going to ask a brutal amount of compensation and draft picks to get them here he is not that much better than Mike McCarthy as much as people want to believe it. Do people not remember the 3- 7-9 seasons he had with Drew Brees in a row? he has won one Super Bowl in a couple heartbreaking losses in some NFC championship game in some underachieving seasons.

I like Sean Payton I think he’d be a slight upgrade here but they have to buy him out give up draft picks buyout Mike McCarthy.

I don’t see how a GM or owner would do that you can get over on Jerry all you want as far as mocking him as a businessman and a business owner that’s not smart way to try to learn a guy who actually wants to retire right now at least for a year so that’s not happening this year.

Let’s give Mike McCarthy another shot here be patient and maybe next year we make a move it’ll cost a little less for Peyton. But if anyone thinks Sean Payton that big of an upgrade for Mike McCarthy you’re not paying attention to his record, his career, and the fact that they both have won a Super Bowl , both with Hall of Fame quarterbacks and haven’t done anything since.

reality vs rumor

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LoL, what's up lil buttercup? Still haven't realized he sucked? Doesn't matter. We all know he won't go anywhere in the next couple of years. Still need him to step up his game and take more responsibility. Enough with the "who fookin who who" else is playing bad. He's the guy before everyone else to perform and lead the way. Against +.500 teams by the way. If he can do this (with a Lamb at #1 WO) we're cool.
Need to whine every darn day? Childish.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
- Lamb is still in a developing process and he hasn't gain the QB rapport with Dak he needs to.
He's not a takeover lead feature WR - but then neither is Cooper, imo.

- Cooper while a good route runner tends to get bang up often, he tends shows up in spots and occasions. and my biggest peeve- he cannot beat the
the better, more elite coverage CBs.
For what the Cowboys are dishing out for him dollar wise as one of the highest paid WRs, he's not delivering what he's paid for.
Cooper is not worth being held hostage for that.

- The big key is re-signing Gallup and Wilson, so that would lessen the burden of just relying on just Lamb.
You also lose Gallup and Wilson, and that help crushes any thought of trading or releasing Cooper.

- Yes, they are more role players - but losing both of them would too much depletes your WR unit as a whole, especially considering Cooper's yearly nagging injuries
and we'd have to re-start all over trying to draft and find significant factor WRs all over again. That's too time consuming and it eats up too much draft pick capital.
I'm fine with a not ideal situation next year for guys. We need to see what they are made of.

We have a couple of years to see if Ceedee can be a legit #1 or not. Let's get rid of Cooper and see what we have.

The way I see it. The next 3 years should be an audition for a lot of guys. Then after 3 years, get a new QB and hopefully have a new head coach in place, and then we can start trying to make a serious run.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
THIS YEAR ,YES

hes stated as much hes got burnout and doesn't want to coach like Meyer forcing him or urging him with giant money to would be disaster now movie on with this RUMOR MILL of site of late.its not happening this year support MM or move on..

He’s made it clear I E Sean Payton himself does not want to coach this year he’s also under contract for two years Mike McCarthy‘s under contract for at least another year to two years.

So even if the Saints allowed Sean Payton to leave they’re going to ask a brutal amount of compensation and draft picks to get them here he is not that much better than Mike McCarthy as much as people want to believe it. Do people not remember the 3- 7-9 seasons he had with Drew Brees in a row? he has won one Super Bowl in a couple heartbreaking losses in some NFC championship game in some underachieving seasons.

I like Sean Payton I think he’d be a slight upgrade here but they have to buy him out give up draft picks buyout Mike McCarthy.

I don’t see how a GM or owner would do that you can get over on Jerry all you want as far as mocking him as a businessman and a business owner that’s not smart way to try to learn a guy who actually wants to retire right now at least for a year so that’s not happening this year.

Let’s give Mike McCarthy another shot here be patient and maybe next year we make a move it’ll cost a little less for Peyton. But if anyone thinks Sean Payton that big of an upgrade for Mike McCarthy you’re not paying attention to his record, his career, and the fact that they both have won a Super Bowl , both with Hall of Fame quarterbacks and haven’t done anything since.

reality vs rumor

I only mention Payton because you did. I'm not interested at this point in Payton. Now what I posted I think it rooted in certain realities. 1 we are over the cap we need to get under it. Some will be done by restructuring and I can promise that Dak contract will be one that will see restructuring. 2 is the losing of some FA players but another very well could be trading of a player that allows you to get cap relief as well as picking up draft picks which this team will need to rely on to bring in talent because we sure as hell will not be doing in FA

blueblood70

Reaction score
I only mention Payton because you did. I'm not interested at this point in Payton. Now what I posted I think it rooted in certain realities. 1 we are over the cap we need to get under it. Some will be done by restructuring and I can promise that Dak contract will be one that will see restructuring. 2 is the losing of some FA players but another very well could be trading of a player that allows you to get cap relief as well as picking up draft picks which this team will need to rely on to bring in talent because we sure as hell will not be doing in FA
this post is much like the 15 that caught fire on Payton , rumor rumor rumor and will be nothing but hot air talk with no one from the Star commenting, its not real. Waste of time to keep discussing such matters until some actual verification.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We need extra thirds so we can let our new DC select a guy he is infatuated with who has a 7th round grade.

The new guy will probably prefer short armed players. That's how we work as an organization.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rams have done quite well being over the cap and not having draft picks the last 3 years lol its a mirage if team needs to find money they create it..thats been the truth for while the entire premise of not having money is not been the truth, they will IF needed, create space for a relevant player or two.