Been seeing a lot of rumors on trading Cooper

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cut him then. Gut all the stars like the 87 strike. Give Kevin Sweeney a call as well.

If it was up to some fans they would do just that except for calling Kevin Sweeney. They would go with Cooper Rush, draft another QB or bring in a cast off.

JustChip

Reaction score
With three years and $60 remaining on his deal, Cooper could be a realistic trade option this offseason. According to Bleacher Report’s Michelle Bruton, the Cowboys could deal Cooper to the Kansas City Chiefs for a first-round draft pick in a possible blockbuster scenario.

“The Kansas City Chiefs are smack dab in the middle of the league when it comes to the salary cap,” says Bruton. “They have just under $23 million to play with presently. But this offseason, Kansas City will likely gain much more cap space. For instance, they have an out on Frank Clark’s contract, which carries a $26.3 cap hit in 2022.

Last offseason, the Chiefs were pushing to add a wide receiver in free agency. They missed out on JuJu Smith-Schuster, Trent Williams and Josh Reynolds. In 2021, Patrick Mahomes clearly made do with Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Mecole Hardman and Byron Pringle. But if the Chiefs are still looking for help, this offseason presents a few chances.”

Proposed Trade Sees Cowboys Dealing Amari Cooper to AFC Contender | Heavy.com
I’d leverage this to get Jax’s 2nd and 3rd kicker. Picking up a high 3rd and only a maximum of 4 spots back from KC’s 1st round, maybe only 1 spot, would be a coup.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Lamb barely provided results while Cooper took on the other teams #1 DB leaving Lamb and other receivers better matchups. While he did break the 1k mark, being a true #1 receiver he will have to be dealing with the other teams #1 DB which will lower his results.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They drafted him to give Dak more weapons, which is why Amari got the long-term contract anyways. They even drafted Lamb after Gallup and Wilson were drafted in 2019.

Yet, everybody is blaming the WRs.
Watch the games again. WRs were not getting open early. By the time they would get open late, the Oline couldn't give Dak more than 2.5 seconds of protection. Fix the Oline and everyone will see how much better Dak, the WRs, TEs and RBs perform much better. Not hard to figure out what is truly the problem and how to fix it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Going into the season with Ceedee as your #1 receiver is not ideal.

Life is about tradeoffs. I'd rather have both, but CeeDee is a legit #1 and if your QB is making 40mil, you can't spend tons on the rest of the offense. Whether it was Cooper or the offense, we didn't get enough production out of our 20mil for Cooper. To my eye he doesn't look as quick as when he came here, and he's hitting the age when WRs wind down regardless. Better a year early than a year or two late.

I've always said that Cooper was the key piece to the offense. He made it go by taking double teams *and* producing. THis year, not much production. And at his age, it's a good bet he's on the back end of his career. Time to move on.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
If you trade Coop, you better hang on to Cedric Willson, Noah Brown and Gallup too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lamb barely provided results while Cooper took on the other teams #1 DB leaving Lamb and other receivers better matchups. While he did break the 1k mark, being a true #1 receiver he will have to be dealing with the other teams #1 DB which will lower his results.

That is true. But Lamb delivered this year, and should still be improving.

We'll be worse at wr w/o Cooper. We'll have 20mil more in cap to improve the team as a whole. Time to move on.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you trade Coop, you better hang on to Cedric Willson, Noah Brown and Gallup too.

This is one of the better arguments for keeping Cooper. We were already scheduled to lose everyone who played this year but Coop and Lamb. Whittling that down to just Lamb leaves us with very little experience on the team.

But I don't see signing those other guys. Maybe Brown for cheap. Gallup probably gets a big contract that's worse value than Coopers. Wilson probably gets a smaller poor value contract, though he really didn't help himself with that last game.

Given the contract situation, I'd rather see all of them go, but if we're worried about turnover, keeping Cooper seems like a better play than trying to resign guys in free agency.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And with 1 1st and 2nd you are going to find: a new starter at CB, multiple DL starters, at least 1 LB, at least 1 new WR because you are probably losing 3 of the top 4, a new franchise LT, and a new G. That is what is likely leaving in FA and I am assuming they somehow sign Schultz (and cut Brown because the 5m you save by cutting him is probably essential). If you can split 2 draft picks that many ways you could be the greatest GM in history. Not just in the NFL but in every single sport.

You said that not me. At this point your arguing with yourself.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Going into the season with Ceedee as your #1 receiver is not ideal.
Agreed. I don't think they should part ways and I'm not convinced Lamb can handle #1 duties yet. I do think that if the team determines its best to part ways, a trade to Jacksonville makes a ton of sense. They have a young QB with massive upside and a huge need for offensive weapons. They have the cap space to absorb his contract and they may be willing to fork out a premium trade package to help said QBs development. If Jax comes calling it would be tough to not hear them out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With a 5 year contract pending, next season's dead money would only be $6 M, as a June 1 cut.

Xavier187

Reaction score
If you trade Cooper to the Chiefs it better be for there 1st.

Then you mine aswell go all out Collins and a 2023 4th to the Jags to protect Lawerance for there 2nd rounder and Walker Little.

Then
Anthony Brown a 7th rounder and a 2023 5th rounder to the Lions for Jeff Okudah and a 3rd rounder.

Jourdan Lewis and a 6th this year to the Texans for a 4th rounder.

Leaving you with
2 1st
2 2nds
2 3rds

To fix every issue you had going into this thing

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
That is true. But Lamb delivered this year, and should still be improving.

We'll be worse at wr w/o Cooper. We'll have 20mil more in cap to improve the team as a whole. Time to move on.
Wouldn't we get hit regardless with a good portion of the cap even if cut?