Being Human

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know how many watch some of the shows on BBC America.

I am an old Dr. Who junkie so I have watched the last few seasons. Yes I know Dr. Who is cheesy, but I like them.

The inbetweeners is a pretty good half hour comedy show with teenagers.

Was a show called Survivors that was pretty good IMO but I have read it has been cancelled.

There is also a Show called Being Human. The story of a vampire, werewolf and ghost living together. It actually is much better than it sounds. Little humor, little drama and some monster stuff. It is starting it's third season Jan 23.

Would I find interesting now is that it has made it's way to the SyFy channel but with different actors. So it is like an american version of it. I think the general premise is the same, I think some of the story lines will be the same but they have also said that there will be some differences compared to the other show.

This one on SYFY starts tonight.

Honestly don't know if it will work out. I think the british one just happens to work with the actors they use. Not sure the US version will.

Well just thought I would let those know in case they wanted something different to check out.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on Being Human. I'm more likely to try and catch the British version though. 'SyFy' is the kiss of death for me: They don't understand what they are trying to sell, it's just product to them. They think if a show has a robot in it is Science Fiction. Very little quality in most of their productions. So sad.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
arglebargle;3807895 said:
Thanks for the heads up on Being Human. I'm more likely to try and catch the British version though. 'SyFy' is the kiss of death for me: They don't understand what they are trying to sell, it's just product to them. They think if a show has a robot in it is Science Fiction. Very little quality in most of their productions. So sad.

Well the british version is coming up on season 3 for it so you might miss a good deal of stuff.

I don't know if they will have a marathon prior to the new season. I think last year they did a marathon during the weekend of the previous season.

I think they are doing a Tudors marathon right now though.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3807819 said:

I am an old Dr. Who junkie so I have watched the last few seasons. Yes I know Dr. Who is cheesy, but I like them.

Was a show called Survivors that was pretty good IMO but I have read it has been cancelled.

There is also a Show called Being Human. The story of a vampire, werewolf and ghost living together. It actually is much better than it sounds. Little humor, little drama and some monster stuff. It is starting it's third season Jan 23.

Would I find interesting now is that it has made it's way to the SyFy channel but with different actors. So it is like an american version of it. I think the general premise is the same, I think some of the story lines will be the same but they have also said that there will be some differences compared to the other show.

Honestly don't know if it will work out. I think the british one just happens to work with the actors they use. Not sure the US version will.

Well just thought I would let those know in case they wanted something different to check out.

Very raunchy show. Basically "American Pie" and "Porky's" transferred to television. Naturally, I watched every episode because I'm incredibly immature.

Have you seen "Come Fly With Me" yet, by the makers of Little Britain? First ep was a dud, but it's coming on strong in recent weeks.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
arglebargle;3807895 said:

Well said. I think the crossover between real lovers of SciFi and the people capable of running a cable network must be small.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3807819 said:

I love the Inbetweeners. BBC America has another good show, but I forgot the name of it. Maybe it's called Peep Show. It has a similar style of humor.