Belicheat and the Patsies are overrated

yohishimer

Reaction score
While watching the Pats play the Brownies Sunday, I was wondering why the Pats were getting so much man love from the sports media. Here are some observations I saw that (in my opinion) show the Patsies are a good but not dominant team.

1) Randy Moss was blanketed by a freaking rookie the whole game and was held scoreless and under 50 yards receiving. Of course they gave the rookie some help and it left Ben Watson one on one with mismatches. The Browns 3-4 defense shut the Pats offense down with several three and outs with relatively no blitzing.

2) The Pats scored often because of a short field created by turnovers against a quarteback who was confused. The Pats blitzed him into submission. They blitzed at least every other down. If they try this against Romo, that would leave gaping holes in the secondary. Anderson finally made adjustments in the second half and "Soulja" Kellen Winslow consistently beat the Pats slow linebacker core and also scored.

3) Braylon Edwards was open SEVERAL times downfield with Asanti Samuel shadowing him. Anderson was too rattled by the Pats blitz and threw to checkdown receivers far too much. I've always liked Samuel's game, but I noticed he looked a lot slower than last year for some reason. He may not be at 100%. If Samuel shadows T.O. Sunday, I expect T.O. to have a monster game.

4) The Patsies running game is average at best. The Pats use their passing game to set up their running attack. Right now they have two backs (they depend on) out with injuries. They couldn't run the ball down the Browns throat like they wanted to and Tom "Fraidy" Cat was getting frustrated because they couldn't score on every drive. Without a decent running game, the Pats play calling is very predictable.

I don't have a magic eight ball, but after watching the Patsies Sunday, I'd say the Cowboys will give them fits, especially with the Boys offensive line.

SCORE Cowboys 27 Pats 16

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yohishimer;1699124 said:
While watching the Pats play the Brownies Sunday, I was wondering why the Pats were getting so much man love from the sports media. Here are some observations I saw that (in my opinion) show the Patsies are a good but not dominant team.

1) Randy Moss was blanketed by a freaking rookie the whole game and was held scoreless and under 50 yards receiving. Of course they gave the rookie some help and it left Ben Watson one on one with mismatches. The Browns 3-4 defense shut the Pats offense down with several three and outs with relatively no blitzing.

2) The Pats scored often because of a short field created by turnovers against a quarteback who was confused. The Pats blitzed him into submission. They blitzed at least every other down. If they try this against Romo, that would leave gaping holes in the secondary. Anderson finally made adjustments in the second half and "Soulja" Kellen Winslow consistently beat the Pats slow linebacker core and also scored.

3) Braylon Edwards was open SEVERAL times downfield with Asanti Samuel shadowing him. Anderson was too rattled by the Pats blitz and threw to checkdown receivers far too much. I've always liked Samuel's game, but I noticed he looked a lot slower than last year for some reason. He may not be at 100%. If Samuel shadows T.O. Sunday, I expect T.O. to have a monster game.

4) The Patsies running game is average at best. The Pats use their passing game to set up their running attack. Right now they have two backs (they depend on) out with injuries. They couldn't run the ball down the Browns throat like they wanted to and Tom "Fraidy" Cat was getting frustrated because they couldn't score on every drive. Without a decent running game, the Pats play calling is very predictable.

I don't have a magic eight ball, but after watching the Patsies Sunday, I'd say the Cowboys will give them fits, especially with the Boys offensive line.

SCORE Cowboys 27 Pats 16

I think the Cowboys can win but I don't think the Pats are over rated. They are a team who make few mistakes and play smart football. They are solid in all 3 phases of the game (Defense, offense and Special teams) and if Dallas is to win we will have to play a damn good game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yep, quote city.
yohishimer;1699124 said:
I wanted the Cowboys to draft Eric Wright. The kid isn't just good he is damn good. I'm willing to bet if you subtract his off the field problems, he would have been the first CB taken in the draft. Yes, he is that good.
yohishimer;1699124 said:
...and that exactly what great teams do. Why are you discounting it?
yohishimer;1699124 said:
New England is 3rd in the NFL (not just AFC) in rushing at 155 yards per game. Thats not average. :rolleyes: New England does what a good team should do. Use the run to setup the pass and use the pass to setup the run.
yohishimer;1699124 said:
SCORE Cowboys 27 Pats 16
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a Cowboys win also, but the Pats will score more than 16 points.
Cowboys 34 Patriots 31

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pats are not overrated. They may get too much man love on ESPN and other areas but they are without a doubt one of the best teams in the NFL right now no matter how much anyone hates them.

joseephuss

Reaction score
They are not over rated. They came close to going to the Superbowl last year. This year's Pats team looks better than their team from last year. It doesn't mean they are not beatable, but they look very good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;1699137 said:
Yep, quote city.

I wanted the Cowboys to draft Eric Wright. The kid isn't just good he is damn good. I'm willing to bet if you subtract his off the field problems, he would have been the first CB taken in the draft. Yes, he is that good.
...and that exactly what great teams do. Why are you discounting it?

New England is 3rd in the NFL (not just AFC) in rushing at 155 yards per game. Thats not average. :rolleyes: New England does what a good team should do. Use the run to setup the pass and use the pass to setup the run.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a Cowboys win also, but the Pats will score more than 16 points.
Cowboys 34 Patriots 31

I think the Pats D may be too good to give up 34 points. Myself if I had to predict the score it would be closer to 24 to 17 and what the heck I'll take the Cowboys. :laugh2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So no one is expecting a defensive battle like the last game w/QC? I realize both teams have better offensive weapons, but both teams have tougher defenses, as well. Maybe not a 12-10 type of game, but I don't see the shootout either.

Oh and the Pats aren't overrated. They're very efficient in what they do.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1699168 said:
I think the Pats D may be too good to give up 34 points. Myself if I had to predict the score it would be closer to 24 to 17 and what the heck I'll take the Cowboys. :laugh2:

You are probably closer than I am. For some reason when making that prediction I felt that there could be a few turnovers on both sides of the ball. I think both defenses are going to fired up like the Bills defense was last week. I think this is going to be an extremely fun and wild game to watch. The Cowboys should lead the TV ranking again this Sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;1699196 said:
You are probably closer than I am. For some reason when making that prediction I felt that there could be a few turnovers on both sides of the ball. I think both defenses are going to fired up like the Bills defense was last week. I think this is going to be an extremely fun and wild game to watch. The Cowboys should lead the TV ranking again this Sunday.

CBS executives have got to be loving this. NFL network is going to be running specials all week on this game and hyping it up big time and I'm sure ESPN will be doing the same. I just hope our players understand the same thing that the Pat players are currently saying which is this is just the next game on the schedule it is not the playoffs or the SB it is only the next reg season game. Pats have been in these types of reg season games for a while now this is uncharted for the Cowboys and they have to understand win or lose we still have a long ways to go before post season

FCBarca

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1699206 said:
CBS executives have got to be loving this. NFL network is going to be running specials all week on this game and hyping it up big time and I'm sure ESPN will be doing the same. I just hope our players understand the same thing that the Pat players are currently saying which is this is just the next game on the schedule it is not the playoffs or the SB it is only the next reg season game. Pats have been in these types of reg season games for a while now this is uncharted for the Cowboys and they have to understand win or lose we still have a long ways to go before post season

And this is no small difference between the two teams, one team has been to the top of the mountain and back...repeatedly...The other, hasn't won a playoff game in a decade...Focus will be important

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1699160 said:
The pats are not overrated. They may get too much man love on ESPN and other areas but they are without a doubt one of the best teams in the NFL right now no matter how much anyone hates them.

I agree that they get too much love, but there is no doubt that they are the class of the NFL right now.

If/when we beat them, it will be a different story.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Let's see SB Champs in 2001, 2003, and 2004.

Division playoff loss in 2005.

Championship game loss in 2006.

An ungodly 75-26 in the regular season over that period.

Plus they are kicking the butts of every team they've played this year by an average margin of victory of 24.3 points.

Yeah, that's a totally overrated team right there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Right, there overrated.

You know what they looked to me?

Bored.

they can run any team off the field in two quarters. Colts included.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
abersonc;1699402 said:
Let's see SB Champs in 2001, 2003, and 2004.

Division playoff loss in 2005.

Championship game loss in 2006.

An ungodly 75-26 in the regular season over that period.

Plus they are kicking the butts of every team they've played this year by an average margin of victory of 24.3 points.

Yeah, that's a totally overrated team right there.

I can't wait until we are overrated. :lmao2:

Reaction score
I hope this thread is all tongue in cheek, or else YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!
This Patriots team is one of the best of all time. Starting with their first Super Bowl season, I'll bet no team has won more game than the Pats. This team has it all. They draft better than any other team, they coach better than any other team, and, almost always, they PLAY better than any other team.

I love my Cowboys, but you guys who are betting a win sure are braver than I am. Maybe I'm just too practical, but I still see WAY too many mistakes for this Dallas team to beat a motivated Patriots team. You can almost bet on several things happening Sunday:
  • Flozell Adams will make at least three bone headed plays-all either in the Red Zone, or to negate a great play.
  • Romo will attempt a throw he never should have attempted.
  • The defense will miss too many tackles by trying to make the "great hit".
Great teams don't do all of the above, and then some. Here's to hoping the next year:
  1. Adams will be replaced by Doug Free, who costs much less, but is much smarter.
  2. Romo will mature into more of a Tom Brady & less and less like a Brett Favre.
  3. Roy Williams will be the player we all know he can be, & will STOP with the horse collar tackle that EVERY freaking ref is just waiting for him to make. That's two in two games, Roy!!!!!!!!
Patriots 38
Cowboys 24​

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
theebs;1699406 said:
Right, there overrated.

You know what they looked to me?

Bored.

they can run any team off the field in two quarters. Colts included.

Boy are you deluded! You obviously forgot the AFC Championship game last season when the Colts dominated the 2nd half and booted the Patsies out of the playoffs.

Plus, the Colts are actually better this year and they will show it when they whip the Patsies on Nov. 4.

The Patsies are overrated because they haven't played a good team yet. People say that about the Cowboys but at least they have faced a #1 defense (Bears) and DESTROYED them! Now they're facing a #2 defense and I predict the OL will put a couple of their very old LBs out of the game!!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
dthahn;1699648 said:
Boy are you deluded! You obviously forgot the AFC Championship game last season when the Colts dominated the 2nd half and booted the Patsies out of the playoffs.

Plus, the Colts are actually better this year and they will show it when they whip the Patsies on Nov. 4.

The Patsies are overrated because they haven't played a good team yet. People say that about the Cowboys but at least they have faced a #1 defense (Bears) and DESTROYED them! Now they're facing a #2 defense and I predict the OL will put a couple of their very old LBs out of the game!!
Bears were not rated #1 this year, forget last year, it doesn't matter where they were ranked last year.

As for Pats being overrated, that's comical. They ranked #1 because they have destroyed every team they played this year. Right now, all cylinder is clicking perfectly for them, they don't make many mistakes and they take care of the ball. They deserve their rating.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Pats are not overrated ....... I do not want anyone to be able to say that after we beat them.

Pats are not overrated ....... the Boys are just better.