Ben DiNucci senior highlights

Cebrin

Reaction score
First time watching........I'll say this, he throws a pretty ball (LOL).

giphy.gif

CWR

Reaction score
If he’s luckily he’ll crack 175 yards and ONLY 2 INTS Sunday.

Kid looks like hot poo-doo.

We need to trade a 2nd rounder for Darnold and stop delaying the inevitable

I expect you're right. Id be shocked if he's ready for this. I do however, think its hilarious you would come to that conclusion after watching his highlight videos. Clearly you calling him hot-poo had zero to do with his highlights and everything to do with how you felt about him prior to clicking on this thread.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Nooch has ability for sure. But when looking at college highlight reels, always keep some perspective. The James Madison Univ. football schedule while the Nooch was there included powerhouses like St. Francis, Morgan State, Monmouth, Elon U, Stony Brook and Weber State. Not exactly the SEC or Big 10.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Little do those rabies-ridden Eagles realize what they're in for! They'll get Nooched for sure!! :muttley: :grin:
They're in for 6'3", 210 lbs. of raging Cowboys #3 backup QB manpower, coming straight at 'em! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Scotman

Reaction score
How can anyone root against this guy? He's probably in way over his head. But, if by some miracle he has something, we all win as Cowboys' fans. Even if he became a really solid back up who could win a few games, that would be amazing value.

I hope he looks like an adequate NFL QB Sunday night.

Aven8

Reaction score
That has to be one of the worst edited highlight videos I have ever seen.

Horrible viewing angles, constant slow motion, pauses, etc.

Here are much better ones ..

Watching this highlight video, unlike most videos like this everyone isn’t wide open like they usually are in college. He also goes to his left really well.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Little do those rabies-ridden Eagles realize what they're in for! They'll get Nooched for sure!! :muttley: :grin:
They're in for 6'3", 210 lbs. of raging Cowboys #3 backup QB manpower, coming straight at 'em! :thumbup:

Since we have the darkest black cloud I have ever seen..

who is our #4 QB in case Nooch goes down?

I know we just signed one but is he activated or in virus protocols and not active?

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Since we have the darkest black cloud I have ever seen..

who is our #4 QB in case Nooch goes down?

I know we just signed one but is he activated or in virus protocols and not active?
If Rush hasn't been activated yet because of the protocols you mentioned, then Blake Bell is probably reserve QB.

In the event that DiNucci goes down, Dallas has Garrett Gilbert as the back up.
I've joked about it before, so I'll take the opportunity now again to regurgitate my joke: Cedric Wilson looks pretty decent tossing the pigskin as well!

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
He will be the next coach of Cowboys based on our history. We like our back up QBs. We transition them to coaches. Even Bellichik or Tuna dont hve this credit.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First time watching........I'll say this, he throws a pretty ball (LOL).

Nice. Compact throwing motion, touch passes, drills the ones that need it, long ball on target. Let's hope it translates.

His passes have a trajectory that looks really good.

I probably won't do a great job of explaining this concept, but I'll try.

Some QBs passes have a much more pronounced none-down trajectory than others.

At the point after the top of the arc as the ball starts to descend, the ball takes a more nose down trajectory.

The opposite are QBs where the ball often stays nose up for some time after the top of the arc.

For some QBs the ball often stays nose up all the way to the receiver.

The nose up type QBs tend to throw with their hand more under the ball where the ball rolls off their somewhat open palm.

Most nose down QBs have an exaggerated wrist snap.

It's similar to a draw (nose down) and a fade (nose up) in golf.

I assume that the ball is spinning faster on the nose down type passes.

I always think of Aikman and those images of him after a pass where he had that exaggerated pronation and exaggerated follow-though.

Aaron Rodgers has distinctive nose down type passes.

Andrew Luck had the most unique trajectory that I've seen. His passes looked as if the ball was nose down as it was still ascending and seemed to have an exaggerated decent rate once it did pass the top the arc.

Both Romo and Dak became more nose down type QBs as they progressed in the NFL and both became more accurate.

It was one of the Eagles QBs that I recall having a nose up style despite having a big arm and good accuracy (It was either McNabb or Cunningham).

In general I always noticed exaggerated nose up more with the running type QBs, especially some of those college QBs that converted to WR in the NFL.

It does not prove anything. There have been plenty of nose up QBs with success in the NFL. It is just an interesting detail that I've notice over the years.

Unfortunately the majority of YouTube type videos don't maintain a high enough frame rate to really see it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would like to see DiNucci with a legitimate offensive line.

We won't be able to evaluate him this year because he'll be running for his life in every game he plays.
That might be the best way to really evaluate him. lol

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I expect you're right. Id be shocked if he's ready for this. I do however, think its hilarious you would come to that conclusion after watching his highlight videos. Clearly you calling him hot-poo had zero to do with his highlights and everything to do with how you felt about him prior to clicking on this thread.
Look at his butt. Great quarterbacks historically have thick posteriors that allowed for more planted and effective throwing motions.

Kid won’t last too long.

CWR

Reaction score
Look at his butt. Great quarterbacks historically have thick posteriors that allowed for more planted and effective throwing motions.

Kid won’t last too long.

I think he has a fine booty. Its not a donk or anything but still.