Bengals | Palmer's knee injury career-threatening

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ESPN reported this morning that on a scale of 1-3, his injury was a 4, completely shredded. Then they reported that the doctor said he should be ready for the opening of Training Camp, depending on how the rehab goes.

Sounds to me like a Doc who's very proud of his work and doing a little extra advertising.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope Palmer can fully recover from this injury, I hate to see a guys career end this early especially such a promising career.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
He'll be back.

The conflicting reports....actually, the same report conflicts itself.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This story is funny because the doctor is talking in technically correct terms -- it is a serious injury that could threaten a career. However, the AP likely missed all of the stuff he said after that - most doctors might say - "however, in the case of an elite athlete the prognosis is far better due to their physical conditioning and their history with training facilititating far easier rehab."

This doctor is so used to talking to smart people that he didn't realize that not everyone -- especially reporters -- are going to listen to the whole of your comments.

1fisher

Reaction score
I tore the ACL and MCL back in the early 90's playing football. the doc told me to never play organized sports again..... I've only played in flag leagues and some organized softball since. He also told me that I would break my leg before the new ligament tore!!!!!!!

I've played a lot of soft ball and flag football since..... only trouble I have is swelling and arthritis. Nothing Cramer Atomic Balm can't handle!

Good luck Carson! I'm pulling for you!

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Like it or not thats what you do in medicine. You tell the patient and family the worst possible thing that can happen. Things happen people get PEs and die from surgery every day. Some patients never recover to their preinjury form. **** happens. Unless you are doing the surgery yourself you have no idea how easy or hard it was.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I like Palmer. I liked his sling-it style of QB'n. I hope, really hope, it can be repaired, not just for the sake of footall, but for the normality of the rest of his life.

Man......I thought I had rotten luck.

calico

Reaction score
Horrible news. I really hope he recovers just fine...he was turning into a very good player and this would just be killer to that franchise.

These injuries are just horrible. McGahee put his knee on backwards a few years ago and he has made a full recovery, where as Palmer's injury did not even come close to looking as serious and he might not play again.