Bennett, TE A&M

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Wow, seriously?

Didnt we learn anything from before.

Yeah we have one of the best TE's in the game. Yet lets draft a TE in round two.

I would have liked to have gone with a safety or line. Even Mario Manningham, red flags and all.

A TE? Seeriously??? ***

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe we can trade him and Bradie James for a 4th rounder in two years?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
We basically exchanged Fasano for Bennett (equally talented players imo) and got a 4th as well.

This will help out our running game a lot imo than if we had Curtis out there

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Please someone help me out here. Did we package Fasano for a 4th round pick, only to use a second round pick on another TE?????

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
He probably would have been there in the third, maybe even in the fourth.

wxcpo

Reaction score
Wow what an unbelievable pick. We trade away our backup TE on the eve of the draft only to waste another 2nd round pick on a TE. Sometimes you really gotta wonder what the guys down at Valley Ranch are thinking, but then again they know the teams needs and weaknesses alot better then any of us armchair GMs.

I still don't like the pick though.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Catch-22;2055032 said:
and lost a 2nd
Details, details...

I really liked Fasano, and he knew the system. I don't think there is any explanation for this, other than Jerry being Jerry ...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
God please don't tell me Wild Bill Jerry is running loose again. I'll wait to see what this kid has before judging. But they could have gotten him in the third. I can understand NOT taking a WR that would sit for too long or take away reps from Stanback. But I think there were less risky players out there. Like a freaking safety.

I'm going to post what I think may be the reason to take someone with that much risk in the second.

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2054994 said:
Please someone help me out here. Did we package Fasano for a 4th round pick, only to use a second round pick on another TE?????

They're gonna keep drafting Witten backups 'til they get it right.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the pick. Could have been worse, but I was hoping for Doucet.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2054976 said:
I don't believe it

Value pick. He was probably the 40th to 50th best player in the draft. We get him at 61 and deliver another weapon for Romo in the Red Zone. Plus, he may be 5-times the blocking TE that Fasano could ever hope to be. He's a helluva athlete and has a confident, nasty streak on the field. I like the pick.