Bennett Te talks on dfw sports beat

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
bennett was on sports dfw sports beat yesterday and said basically that this is a new group of players with him, felix, scandrick, choice, and jenkins along with the rookies this year. Had high praise for both williams rookies. That jesse williams is very fast, can really run, and deangelo seems to be a player too. Said that they will set their own destiny in this new stadium, kinda like cliff harris said the cowboys set their own idenity in texas stadium in the 70's.

they talked about attitude with these young players too and hit you in the mouth etc. Sounded good to me; thats what this team needs.
hopefully dc or theebs will put up the podcast for you zoners.

my internet connection went down from noon to 9:43 this morning, so couldnt post. So, I found out, guess you can say im a dallas cowboys internet junkie;

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
I think its Jason Williams..... I hope that hes right, I just wish we had 1 or 2 up and coming offensive linemen to join that group.....

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dillinger319;2812548 said:
I think its Jason Williams..... I hope that hes right, I just wish we had 1 or 2 up and coming offensive linemen to join that group.....

true i read in a blog today where ware blew around doug free like he was standing still and got back in the pocket before kitna had time to set up

thats not good, im really disappointed in free

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Yeh i just dont understand why we can pick up all of these other good players but for some dang reason we cant draft a o-lineman to save our lives... We hit it big with Columbo but it would be nice to not have to pay huge money for lineman and just develope our own..

kapolani

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2812622 said:
true i read in a blog today where ware blew around doug free like he was standing still and got back in the pocket before kitna had time to set up

You do realize that Ware does this on a regular basis, correct?

And that Ware does this to pro-bowlers, correct?

You see what I'm getting at?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dillinger319;2812626 said:
Yeh i just dont understand why we can pick up all of these other good players but for some dang reason we cant draft a o-lineman to save our lives... We hit it big with Columbo but it would be nice to not have to pay huge money for lineman and just develope our own..
Because we tend to go for the over-weight stiffs instead of the more fit-athletic type because the athletic guys way less and specialize in one position. We draft for size and flexibility position-wise. So instead of getting one guy that can play one position well, we get one guy that is mediocre at 3 positions.

CoCo

Reaction score
kapolani;2812627 said:

Its perfectly reasonable to have concerns about Free who has been invisible in games during his first two seasons. Its not based simply upon Ware beating him in practice today.

I hope to heck that we have some depth at OT somewhere on this roster that would leave us comforted should either of our starters go down. But I don't see any indication of that beyond blind faith.

quaigs

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2812622 said:

Ware made Walter Jones look like a tool on more then one occasion, so I wouldn't be so hard on Free for one play in practice.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
JonJon;2812630 said:
Because we tend to go for the over-weight stiffs instead of the more fit-athletic type because the athletic guys way less and specialize in one position. We draft for size and flexibility position-wise. So instead of getting one guy that can play one position well, we get one guy that is mediocre at 3 positions.

i think that hits the nail on the head, instead of taking a player that can play one position well, the cowboys want to try to find a player that can play multiple positions

yet, if you draft a larry allen type of player, eventually he can play multiple positions; but look at what we did when we drafted stepnoski, mainly a center;
larry allen mainly a guard;
erik williams mainly a RT

i think thats what this team needs to see and go get in the draft, you cant keep paying for offensive linemen in free agency;

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
JonJon;2812630 said:
Because we tend to go for the over-weight stiffs instead of the more fit-athletic type because the athletic guys way less and specialize in one position.

But Free is exactly that super-athletic guy. He's not the massive Houck type guy at all.

Meh, it's silly to be down on Free because Ware beat him one time in a June minicamp anyway.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
kapolani;2812627 said:

Agreed, Ware is a generational talent, Free is not alone.