Bennie Logan DT

kskboys

Reaction score
I think were set on the DL with good depth barring a few injuries. Covington should shore up that 1 tech spot and since we only play the 1 on early downs we are good.
Covington is a 3 tech. He played DE in Houston's 3-4.

kskboys

Reaction score
My understanding he is a 1tech in this defense.
No poop? What a mess we keep making of things. We should've learned our lesson when we tried to play our own 3-4 DE at NT in Spears. Horrible experiment.

So, hey, let's try it again!!!!!!!!

When is this org going to learn that a player isn't a 1 tech just because you say he is.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No poop? What a mess we keep making of things. We should've learned our lesson when we tried to play our own 3-4 DE at NT in Spears. Horrible experiment.

So, hey, let's try it again!!!!!!!!

When is this org going to learn that a player isn't a 1 tech just because you say he is.

Well you know Marinelli doesn't like NT, he likes guys who kinda play the 1tech but also has some pass rush type quickness to them.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well you know Marinelli doesn't like NT, he likes guys who kinda play the 1tech but also has some pass rush type quickness to them.
Of course. However, I'm not going to stop pushing for needs because of the stupidity of a coach.

Think of it this way. If a team is weak in the middle, teams w/ good OL's will exploit that weakness. And then the LB's and DE's have to collapse in to make up for that weakness, leaving holes everywhere

Yes, these slashers will make plays behind the LOS at times. And at other times, they'll get pushed around while the QB sits in the pocket for 5 minutes.

That's why you'll see this D look absolutely great at times, and other times you'll wonder if there's even anyone there as the other team runs through gaping holes. And that's why this idea of Defense does not work. It's inconsistent, and always gets destroyed against good teams.

Thing is, us old timers have already seen this idea tried, though many don't remember. DEN, MINN, and lately OAK tried it and failed. Playing two 3 techs at DT only works if both are top 5 players.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Of course. However, I'm not going to stop pushing for needs because of the stupidity of a coach.

Think of it this way. If a team is weak in the middle, teams w/ good OL's will exploit that weakness. And then the LB's and DE's have to collapse in to make up for that weakness, leaving holes everywhere

Yes, these slashers will make plays behind the LOS at times. And at other times, they'll get pushed around while the QB sits in the pocket for 5 minutes.

That's why you'll see this D look absolutely great at times, and other times you'll wonder if there's even anyone there as the other team runs through gaping holes. And that's why this idea of Defense does not work. It's inconsistent, and always gets destroyed against good teams.

Thing is, us old timers have already seen this idea tried, though many don't remember. DEN, MINN, and lately OAK tried it and failed. Playing two 3 techs at DT only works if both are top 5 players.

You build from inside out especially the DL that can compete in the post-season.

6:14

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Marinelli needs to watch Playoff game against the Rams and get a reality check. His defense was trash and DT were non existent, that whole squad choked like a little *****.

We need a true NT if this team ever wants to make it to NFC championship let alone win the SB.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Marinelli needs to watch Playoff game against the Rams and get a reality check. His defense was trash and DT were non existent, that whole squad choked like a little *****.

We need a true NT if this team ever wants to make it to NFC championship let alone win the SB.

Marinelli would say they had 2 bad games last year so they must be doing something right. And for 80% of the time that is correct but i would also want a bigger/stronger guy we can throw in there to give us something different up front for that other 20%. Unfortunately we ain't gettin that so all we can do is hope Hill becomes a monster. It's likely david irving could have altered how those games looked, atleast to some degree maybe hill can too.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Marinelli would say they had 2 bad games last year so they must be doing something right. And for 80% of the time that is correct but i would also want a bigger/stronger guy we can throw in there to give us something different up front for that other 20%. Unfortunately we ain't gettin that so all we can do is hope Hill becomes a monster. It's likely david irving could have altered how those games looked, atleast to some degree maybe hill can too.

Jerry Jones should ***** slap his face for that comment. He does realize that “20%” counts as 110% in the playoffs when it’s do or die.

Nah this isn’t good enough, I’m not happy with his average defense and his *** is on the chopping block like Garret.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry Jones should ***** slap his face for that comment. He does realize that “20%” counts as 110% in the playoffs when it’s do or die.

Nah this isn’t good enough, I’m not happy with his average defense and his *** is on the chopping block like Garret.

I hear ya but they do not. We have probably the best team since 07 so we better make a run now before contracts explode. Maybe covington and hill shore up the interior, i pray that is the case.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we are already stacked at DT...Logan is not a guy that would see light of day here.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I hear ya but they do not. We have probably the best team since 07 so we better make a run now before contracts explode. Maybe covington and hill shore up the interior, i pray that is the case.

It's gonna be hard to win deep playoff games against elite teams that will be able to run ball while having a top tier QB that can chuck it around. If you want to see Dallas win a SB they have to get a stud NT.

Need to get Eddie Goldman from Chicago

kskboys

Reaction score
It's gonna be hard to win deep playoff games against elite teams that will be able to run ball while having a top tier QB that can chuck it around. If you want to see Dallas win a SB they have to get a stud NT.

Need to get Eddie Goldman from Chicago

I wanted him so badly in the 15 draft. However, we'd have had to use a 1st on him since CHI took him early 2nd. I would have, but I knew this team wouldn't. Goldman would take our D to an entirely new level.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If Dallas wants to compete in the post-season it must address the interior of the DL before the season starts. One FA that could do it for a reasonable price is Bennie Logan who can stuff the run.

1st goal of any defense is to stop the run!

head-shaking emoji

Logan has been a target of Cowboys fans for like 4 years in a row. Could actually go back to his pre-draft.

This will be his 4th team in 4 years and he is not a starter in this league.
DAL has better players with a lot more upside.