Bentley not tagged

neosapien23

Reaction score
According to profootballtalk.com, the Saints will not be using the franchise tag on Bentley. Come on Jerry get this one done.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
According to profootballtalk.com, the Saints will not be using the franchise tag on Bentley. Come on Jerry get this one done.

GIT ER DONE JERRUH :laugh1::laugh2::)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Yes, Bentley and LA next to each other would be cool.

235-951-56862254.jpg

AbeBeta

Reaction score
austintodallas said:
Bently, LA, and Flo next to each other even better.

If by some unlikely chance we sign Bentley, the first thing we will do is cut Allen. And of course, the first thing you will need to do is spell his name correctly.

neosapien23

Reaction score
abersonc said:
If by some unlikely chance we sign Bentley, the first thing we will do is cut Allen. And of course, the first thing you will need to do is spell his name correctly.

LA might take a paycut. I think he knows that other teams won't give him a long term deal at this point in his career.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have one question very late on March 2nd.

Anyone seen Mr. Jones personal jet lately???

AbeBeta

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I have one question very late on March 2nd.

Anyone seen Mr. Jones personal jet lately???

it'll be in the hangar since there won't be a CBA in place.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Even if LA took a paycut, I don't know that he's right for us anymore. At some point we will need to move on, and why not now?

I would bring in Bentley and then focus on a RT.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
abersonc said:

No need in cutting Allen, he is still a huge asset.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ROYDESTROY said:
GIT ER DONE JERRUH :laugh1::laugh2::)
A much, much bigger need than OT. IMO.

I think OG is too for the long run becaus eof the ages of ours. Latui in the 2nd.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Yes, Bentley and LA next to each other would be cool.

235-951-56862254.jpg

That may be the last time you see those two playing on the same O-line. L.A. is done, and Bentley will not sign with Dallas.

irishwaste

Reaction score
Cutting LA would just create another hole. I say we keep him at least another year until we can go out and get another money LG.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
If we could pick up Bentley and add Fabini(IF healthy) we could have the best Oline in football..
I think L.A is still a good player, Not great but good and M. Rivera is still a decent player along with the Hotel ...
Julius would not have any excuses with that line

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
If this is true then get it done Jerruh. It's not very often that a franchise caliber starting C/OG comes along especially one who isn't even entering his prime yet. This needs to get done. Enough with over paying old OL well past their prime.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Can you imagine a line of Flo, LA, Bentley, Rivera, Fabini???? WOWOWOWOW

I would go try out at running back. I am sure even with my awesome run straight ahead regardless of playcall or blocking technique I could get 60 yards a game, lol.

Manster68

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:

Well, according to Saints talk on WWL 870 AM New Orleans (the Saints flagship station), Lecharles Bentley is looking for a SIX MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR PAYDAY!

There is no link to this of course, but I did hear that with my own two ears.

So, will Jerry fork over that much money on one offesnive lineman? Especially with the dough obligated to several other offensive linemen already on the team?

TheHustler

Reaction score
Manster68 said:
Well, according to Saints talk on WWL 870 AM New Orleans (the Saints flagship station), Lecharles Bentley is looking for a SIX MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR PAYDAY!

There is no link to this of course, but I did hear that with my own two ears.

So, will Jerry fork over that much money on one offesnive lineman? Especially with the dough obligated to several other offensive linemen already on the team?

Yikes. Sounds too steep, especially with Adams, Allen and Rivera already costing so much...

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Yikes. Sounds too steep, especially with Adams, Allen and Rivera already costing so much...

How much would it actually be worth to have a quality Center after years and years of getting blown up because of lack luster play.

No more Interior sacks, forced fumbles, botched snaps, tackles for losses, key holding calls.....these are all drive killers and game changing plays that could determine an entire season.

So what is Bently really worth? Or maybe the better question is, how far can Dallas really go with a ProBowl center.

aznhalf

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Can you imagine a line of Flo, LA, Bentley, Rivera, Fabini???? WOWOWOWOW

I would go try out at running back. I am sure even with my awesome run straight ahead regardless of playcall or blocking technique I could get 60 yards a game, lol.

I think that method is only valid untill you get squashed by a 300 pound DT. Then you start running in a straight line the other way.

But just thinking of that line gives me the chills! Not to mention if we could keep our current linemen for good depth.