Best 2WR, TE combo in NFC East

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
I saw this topic at extremeskins and kinda wanted to get you guys feelings on it......Who has the best 2WR, TE set in the NFC East? this is the way that i posted at extremeskins...

I know everyones going to say i only voted this way cuz im a cowboys fan, But i truly think that the cowboys set is better.......

lets just assume TO is = to S. Moss (with all of the off-the-field issues)
and we will also assume T Glenn is = to B. Loyd ( although i think Glenn holds a slight edge)

Witten is > Cooley.......i dont think there is any question about that...is there really?

The Commanders are a close second....but i think the cowboys hold a slight advantage

1)Cowboys
2)Commanders
3)Giants
4)Eagles

Now if you make it a WR,WR,WR, TE set......Commanders get the nod in my book

1)Commanders
2)Cowboys
3)Giants
4)Eagles

TheHustler

Reaction score
A very realistic opinion could say:

Owens > Moss
Glenn > Lloyd/Randle El
Witten > Cooley
Crayton < Randle El/Lloyd

3-1. I'll take it.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
A very realistic opinion could say:

Owens > Moss
Glenn > Lloyd/Randle El
Witten > Cooley
Crayton < Randle El/Lloyd

3-1. I'll take it.

I think Cooley technically is really not TE. He swing player between Half back and TE.But I Guess occasionally, Whitten does go behind to play like a Half Back on occasion.

Yeah Loyd and Rand El, can't even compare to Glenn, when Glenn is healthy. Owens and Moss, are comparable, except, Moss has more speed vs Owens have more size and strength. But both are game changing WRs, with Owens obviously more skilled or accomplished at this point.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
wesleyc288 said:
I saw this topic at extremeskins and kinda wanted to get you guys feelings on it......Who has the best 2WR, TE set in the NFC East? this is the way that i posted at extremeskins...

I know everyones going to say i only voted this way cuz im a cowboys fan, But i truly think that the cowboys set is better.......

lets just assume TO is = to S. Moss (with all of the off-the-field issues)
and we will also assume T Glenn is = to B. Loyd ( although i think Glenn holds a slight edge)

Witten is > Cooley.......i dont think there is any question about that...is there really?

The Commanders are a close second....but i think the cowboys hold a slight advantage

1)Cowboys
2)Commanders
3)Giants
4)Eagles

Now if you make it a WR,WR,WR, TE set......Commanders get the nod in my book

1)Commanders
2)Cowboys
3)Giants
4)Eagles

No disrespect, but I don't think there's any debate here, not on paper at least.

We have a tight end who has been to the last two Pro Bowls and a receiver that has been to five of the last six Pro Bowls. Our secondary receiver is coming off a near 1,100-yard, seven-touchdown season. In your post, you compared Glenn to a guy like Lloyd. Only a Commanders fan would consider taking Lloyd over Glenn. Lloyd's lone advantage is age. But then, Crayton has the age advantage on Glenn, too, but that doesn't mean I'd take him as a player.

Now, if you included running back in the mix, the Commanders become more attractive. But we have the best receiver in the division (though Moss is darn close), the best tight end in the division (though Cooley is rising fast) and the best second receiver in the division, too.

NorTex

Reaction score
Crayton and El are the same player. Although Crayton did have more TDs than El.

aznhalf

Reaction score
While I think the Cowboys take it hands down, I think the Giants are up there as well. Burress, Toomer, and Shockey is definately nothing to sneeze at.

The Eagles...I don't have to say anything.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Randle El had more yards.

Stats per game last season --

Crayton -- 2.00 catches, 31.0 yards, 0.18 touchdowns

Randle El -- 2.19 catches, 34.88 yards, 0.06 touchdowns

-- Randle El started 15 games, Crayton started zero.

-- Crayton was on the field for only 33.5 plays per game played, compared to 44.5 for Randle El.

-- Crayton caught 62.9 percent of the passes thrown to him, compared to 50.7 percent for Randle El.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Stats per game last season --

Crayton -- 2.00 catches, 31.0 yards, 0.18 touchdowns

Randle El -- 2.19 catches, 34.88 yards, 0.06 touchdowns

-- Randle El started 15 games, Crayton started zero.

-- Crayton was on the field for only 33.5 plays per game played, compared to 44.5 for Randle El.

-- Crayton caught 62.9 percent of the passes thrown to him, compared to 50.7 percent for Randle El.

:bow:

ravidubey

Reaction score
If the Eagles trade for Javon Walker the combo of Walker/Brown/Smith is nothing to sneeze at. Of course that's a very big IF!

I'd also be very nervous about Amani Toomer if I were a Giants fan. He hasn't been the same excellent WR that we saw in 2002 for some time now.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Moss had one good year, when no one expected him to,, if Moss can do the same thing this year he would be considered a top WR but until then we have the edge over a one year wonder

superpunk

Reaction score
Q_the_man said:
Moss had one good year, when no one expected him to,, if Moss can do the same thing this year he would be considered a top WR but until then we have the edge over a one year wonder

Be fair, Moss has ahd two very good years. He's legit, IMO.

aznhalf

Reaction score
If we use the Extreme Skins way of judging people...

Moss sucks the same way Newman does. Because he did not put up two consecutive seasons of the same numbers, Moss is only as good as his first two years of under 500 yards!! Players can't improve in one season, that would be too complicated!!! [/sarcasm]

superpunk

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
If we use the Extreme Skins way of judging people...

Moss sucks the same way Newman does. Because he did not put up two consecutive seasons of the same numbers, Moss is only as good as his first two years of under 500 yards!! Players can't improve in one season, that would be too complicated!!! [/sarcasm]

Great point. Go smack Art in the face, he's used to it by now, LOL.

whcarm

Reaction score
Let's look at the stats for all the players involved over the past two years:

Owens: 1963 yards 20 TDs
Glenn: 1536 yards 9 TDs
Crayton: 503 yards 3 TDs
Witten: 1737 yards 12 TDs
TOTALS: 5739 yards 44 TDs

Moss: 2321 yards 14 TDs
Lloyd: 1298 yards 11 TDs
Randle El: 1159 yards 4 TDs
Cooley: 1088 yards 13 TDs
TOTALS: 5866 yards 42 TDs

Burress: 1912 yards 12 TDs
Toomer: 1431 yards 7 TDs
Carter: 368 yards 1 TD
Shockey: 1557 yards 13 TDs
TOTALS: 5268 yards 33 TDs

Brown: 571 yards 4 TDs (1 year totals)
Gaffney: 1124 yards 4 TDs
Lewis: 744 yards 1 TD
Smith: 1059 yards 8 TDs
TOTALS: 3498 yards 17 TDs

So, the Eagles are at a disadvantage because Brown was a rookie and thus only has one year of stats. But it is pretty clear that regardless of that, they have the worst group in the NFC East.

The Commanders and the Cowboys clearly have the best groups. The Giants come in third by a significant margin.

The Cowboys have more TDs than the Skins and only have 130 less yards. That is extremely impressive because Owens was out of a significant portion of last year and Glenn was out a significant portion of the year before that.

Based on those stats, I think it is clear that the Cowboys have the best group in the NFC East. The Commanders come in a close second.

aznhalf

Reaction score
whcarm said:
Let's look at the stats for all the players involved over the past two years:

Owens: 1963 yards 20 TDs
Glenn: 1536 yards 9 TDs
Crayton: 503 yards 3 TDs
Witten: 1737 yards 12 TDs
TOTALS: 5739 yards 44 TDs

Moss: 2321 yards 14 TDs
Lloyd: 1298 yards 11 TDs
Randle El: 1159 yards 4 TDs
Cooley: 1088 yards 13 TDs
TOTALS: 5866 yards 42 TDs

Burress: 1912 yards 12 TDs
Toomer: 1431 yards 7 TDs
Carter: 368 yards 1 TD
Shockey: 1557 yards 13 TDs
TOTALS: 5268 yards 33 TDs

Brown: 571 yards 4 TDs (1 year totals)
Gaffney: 1124 yards 4 TDs
Lewis: 744 yards 1 TD
Smith: 1059 yards 8 TDs
TOTALS: 3498 yards 17 TDs

So, the Eagles are at a disadvantage because Brown was a rookie and thus only has one year of stats. But it is pretty clear that regardless of that, they have the worst group in the NFC East.

The Commanders and the Cowboys clearly have the best groups. The Giants come in third by a significant margin.

The Cowboys have more TDs than the Skins and only have 130 less yards. That is extremely impressive because Owens was out of a significant portion of last year and Glenn was out a significant portion of the year before that.

Based on those stats, I think it is clear that the Cowboys have the best group in the NFC East. The Commanders come in a close second.

I think a Per game measurement would be more fair to all parties involved.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
aznhalf said:
I think a Per game measurement would be more fair to all parties involved.

Especially since our three wide receivers have played in only 62 games during the past two seasons, compared to 85 games for the Commanders' receivers.