Best All Time TV Drama series

quickccc

Reaction score
The Sopranos was great until the last season.

Game of Throes was beyond great for the 1st 4 seasons. 6 ft. Under was also great for a while then went off the rails.

But both series soiled were ruined by how they ended.

If greatness is measured by the effect on the psyche, then OZ is the winner. That show gave me nightmares.

The Wire was really good.
But I'd go with Chernobyl, which was too short to shoot itself in the foot, but for what it was, it was really well done.

Roots was good in its day too.

its my priority plans to re-watch the Wire, Sopranos again,. and finally see A Band of Brothers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i would have ranked GOT. even ahead of Breaking Bad if it were not for the questions and flaws of the very last season series, which even the more devoted GOT fans had to complain how after all the terrific fashioned way of build up -such with the family origin mystery of Jon Snow as an unknown Targaryen and add to what became the fate of Cersei Lannister . the conclusion of the entire series ended up coming out so flat, very confusing, and seemed like a pointless lack of effort. Totally non-climatic as a whole.. That gave the impression that the writers were growing weary of thinking out the final brilliant exploits and wanted to hurry it up and get it over with. Even the awesome (though too visually dark) final battle of Winterfell couldn't make up for what the writers surprisingly plotted as the eventual ending.

As much as i've praised BB for its' host of intriguing characters, it doesn't compare to that number and level of characters that GOT possessed (Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen the family Lannisters, the family Starks,.. King Joffrey, ..Tully family,.. Brienne of Tarth,...Ser Jorah Mormont, Theon , Davos, Ramsey, Night King, etc) and GOT had some mythical CGI images (Dragons, Krakens, Giants, Grumpkins ) and special effect if you liked that element.
When you combined the incredible cast of characters to the story write plot that were so masterful in the series prior to the finale season,.. there isn't ANY series that could have come close to comparing with GOT.
:rolleyes:
Game of Thrones is an epic series. Grand. Many times breathtaking. Not many series compare at its scale of presentation.

quickccc

Reaction score
- As much as i liked Saul the ever manipulative attorney at law, i had ..and stilll have a tough time getting into the show. Same BB creator and initially i was thrilled to have a prequel to such a legendary show such as BB.
But the pace, new characters doesn't add up to the workings of BB. i know that was a challenge, but that's the
challenge of bringing anything in related to BB.

- There are times where Better Call Saul was just too slow, lethargic, non-appealing, waay too late in plot write, developing characters and characters that just were not
that appealing (such as Saul's germaphobic brother) ..but i do admit that because of extraordinary previous character such as Gus Fring and Mike Ehrmantraut, and even Saul himself that kept me back to trying to endure (fast foward?) through BCS,.

- i love the idea of an origin of crooked, slick thinking attorney Saul Goodman as he is a great host of very intriguing characters of BB ..i loved the idea of seeing even more Gus ..but BCS because of the various holes in BCS, its is challenging to have to keep attention to it.

:rolleyes:

and funny how as i said that afterwards about Better Call Saul, i've been re-watching the series, while fast- forwarding thru some brother Chuck-dialogues to some Saul adventures, Mike Ehrmantraut , Nacho Vargas, Salamanca gang including Hector and the Cartel cousins, and of course that ever cool and clever Gus Fringe.
i've discovered a renewed interest for Better Call Saul.
:flagwave:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i mentioned it earlier...mannix.
just a damn good show all the way around.
well written.
mike connors as mannix...perfect.
:bow:MANNIX:bow:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I will add "Under Belly" It's an Australian true crime drama, each season based on real events. Each season was pretty good, but I would match that first season against any other TV crime drama.
When it originally aired, it was banned in part of Australia, because trials for some of the characters on which it was based were ongoing.