Best available Day 2

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think Dodd, but I would advocate the trade down since there are so many DT/DE available. Let's trade down, get a pick that we can package with Leary and take a flyer on someone like Jack or Smith. Also wouldn't mind using Leary and say our 3rd to move up and get Nick Martin. Could be Leary's replacement and insurance in the middle of the line.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
My order of picks:

Myles Jack [if you're confident he can be healthy for at least 4 years this is a NO BRAINER]
Noah Spence [steal]
Reggie Ragland [steal]
Mackensie Alexander [very underrated player IMO, replacement for Mo and Carr next year]
Kevin Dodd [fills need]

I'll be ecstatic with any of these players at 34

I think Dodd is the most likely to be picked

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, BAT was correct.............Dallas is picking 34 and there were 31 picks in the first round so lets do the math.

34-31=3

If there are 3 players we are looking at, by definition, one of them will be available..........I don't think its BAT with the math problem.

He said one of the 3 "should" be there.

There are only 2 picks until the Cowboys are on the clock.

I like our chances.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mel Kiper

1. Myles Jack, ILB, UCLA
Questions about whether Jack's knee is a major concern have been answered. Yes, it is. But he's a top-10 talent and, if healthy, he's a fit on any roster.

Watch Jack's highlights

2. A'Shawn Robinson, DL, Alabama
Robinson fell based on questions of whether he can be a disruptive presence as opposed to more of a steady run-stopping type. He can go as soon as Cleveland with the first pick in Round 2.

Watch Robinson's highlights

3. Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama
Arguably the best run-stuffer in the class, he loses a little luster because he won't get sacks, but he makes any D-line better. Cleveland or Tennessee are fits right away in Round 2.

Watch Reed's highlights

4. Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
He's already a steal as the No. 24 player on my Big Board. A great value if he gets to the Giants.

Watch Ragland's highlights

5. *Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State
Remember that Bell is seen as a potential corner, even though he was a safety for Urban Meyer. Baltimore could be a fit.

Watch Bell's highlights

6. Jihad Ward, DL, Illinois
An athletic defensive lineman with a ton of upside, I expect him to go with one of the first 10 picks in Round 2.

Watch Ward's highlights

7. *Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
Dallas has its running back, and Ogbah could be the pass-rusher the Cowboys need early in Round 2.

Watch Ogbah's highlights

8. *Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
Dodd was extremely productive in terms of raw totals, but he is still raw in a number of areas. Anyone who needs a pass-rusher is happy to see him available early in Round 2, however.

Watch Dodd's highlights

9. *Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State
He is explosive off the edge but more of a situational pass-rusher at this point. He has a number of fits, because he's a sub-package threat as a rookie.

Watch Correa's highlights

10. Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
I had Cook rated higher than Paxton Lynch, who the Broncos moved up to draft at No. 26. Would love the fit in Dallas.

Watch Cook's highlights

11. *Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
Watch Billings' highlights

12. Su'a Cravens, OLB, USC
Watch Cravens' highlights

13. Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame
Watch Martin's highlights

14. *Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky
Watch Spence's highlights

15. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
Watch Shepard's highlights

16. Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Watch Spriggs' highlights

17. *Tyler Boyd, WR, Pitt

18. *Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina

Watch Adams' highlights

19. *Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
Watch Clark's highlights

20. *Deion Jones, OLB, LSU
Watch Jones' highlights

21. *Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
Watch Jones' highlights

22. *Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
Watch Henry's highlights

23. *Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Watch Fuller's highlights

24. *Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
Watch Henry's highlights

25. *Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor
Watch Howard's highlights

*Denotes underclassman

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
My order of preference:
1. Myles Jack
2. Noah Spence
3. Kevin Dodd

I'd be so pumped about any of those three and so disappointed if it's not any of those three.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I meant by your real mock draft occurring during the draft.

I would have never targeted Jack in round 2. That's my guy now.

Plankton

Reaction score
Billings is a 1T - they won't be selecting him with their second, especially after signing Cedric Thornton.

BigD5

Reaction score
Does anybody think Braxton Miller will still be around in the 3rd rd? He is a player that I really want us to get to go with this beast we are building on offense. He's simply dominated at the Senior Bowl

StarHead69

Reaction score
Jihad Ward or Bullard please.
Probably be Dodd, but something about him rubs me the wrong way.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
5. Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama (6-2, 252, 4.72, Sr.) An excellent point of attack defender, Ragland has terrific play speed and it's no coincidence that he's always around the ball with his diagnose skills. He can be overaggressive at times, but he's a punishing tackler and flashes violence in his hands to detach himself from blocks.

This......

Ken

Reaction score
I am still want Jack assuming he is able to play day 1. I am willing to roll the dice on a great player. Great value in 2nd...micro fracture isn't what it used to be. To add this guy and Zeke would be a coup. With a DL in the 3rd....

DO IT!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Don't know much about Correia, but I've seen several things lauding his pass rush ability. Is he capable of being a full-time end?

Plankton

Reaction score
Unless they lose their minds and take Cook/Hackenberg, the Cowboys literally can't go wrong with the defensive talent left on the board.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Ragland
M. Alexander
Spence
Dodd
Bullard

Have to consider Alexander the CB here.