Best corners in the League?

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Do we have the best cornerback trio in the entire N.F.L.? If not, Please tell who you think does?

Hiero

Reaction score
I think trio I would say yes, but then again I cant really think of another three at the moment.

ravidubey

Reaction score
wesleyc288 said:
Do we have the best cornerback trio in the entire N.F.L.? If not, Please tell who you think does?

On paper we do, but let's see if Newman, Henry, Glenn, Reeves, and Jones can remain healthy and well-coordinated. Talent means little if you have guys out of position. Also if you have a deficiency at FS, it can make your secondary look real bad.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
come on now. We have two number 1's starting, and a #2 backing them up. Who else can beat that

daboys79

Reaction score
I say no. Our coners don't produce enough int's. I think Carolina has a nice set, baltimore's has some good corners.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
daboys79 said:
I say no. Our coners don't produce enough int's. I think Carolina has a nice set, baltimore's has some good corners.

baltimore?please.

samari rolle is one of the most overrated cbs in nfl HISTORY.

so is chris mcalister for that matter.

and do we even know who their 3rd cb is?

carolina too.who is their 3rd cb?

but on a sidenote ken lucas is a top 3 cb along with newman and champ in my opinion.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
daboys79 said:

Not enough ints? How about because nobody threw at Terrence Newman. How about Newman allowed 0 tds, caused 0 pass interference penalties, and didn't allow more than 350yds all season. I don't care how many ints he has.

You want to talk about Ints, Anthony Henry before he went down was on pace to get 6 ints last season which would rank him tied for 5th in the NFL.

Champ Bailey, DeAngleo Hall, Ken Lucas all allowed a TD. I'd rather have a "shut down" corner like Newman that didn't but had fewer picks.

burmafrd

Reaction score
INTs is a LOUSY stat to show how good your secondary is. Yds, completion %, TD's allowed, etc are MUCH more important and tell a lot more. INT's get you fans and pro bowls but not necesarily to the SB.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to admit it, right now I think Dallas has the best cornerback trio in the NFL.

The Commanders are almost, but not quite as good in that department.

I'd like to also say the Bears' pass defense are up there as well. Nathan Vasher is an interception machine and allowed very few big plays.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
INTs is a LOUSY stat to show how good your secondary is. Yds, completion %, TD's allowed, etc are MUCH more important and tell a lot more. INT's get you fans and pro bowls but not necesarily to the SB.

I disagree. A big INT can result in a 14 point swing and knockout punch to a ball game. Remember Baileys 99 yard INT return against the Pats in the playoffs last year...14 point swing and that took the wind out of the sails of the Patriots who were driving to score a touchdown.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I disagree. A big INT can result in a 14 point swing and knockout punch to a ball game. Remember Baileys 99 yard INT return against the Pats in the playoffs last year...14 point swing and that took the wind out of the sails of the Patriots who were driving to score a touchdown.

True Int's are important, but they're not the benchmark. The role of a corner is to prevent the wr from scoring. Terrence Newman did that w/o being called for a single PI. That's why he's regarded by some as the best corner in the league.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
youngbuck said:
Not enough ints? How about because nobody threw at Terrence Newman. How about Newman allowed 0 tds, caused 0 pass interference penalties, and didn't allow more than 350yds all season. I don't care how many ints he has.

You want to talk about Ints, Anthony Henry before he went down was on pace to get 6 ints last season which would rank him tied for 5th in the NFL.

Champ Bailey, DeAngleo Hall, Ken Lucas all allowed a TD. I'd rather have a "shut down" corner like Newman that didn't but had fewer picks.

Champ and DeAngelo routinely get assigned man to man, one on one coverage so that makes teams with solid WRs willing to take chances. Teams are likely to test one on one coverage, even against all pro CBs when you have a solid WR. Remember how Irvin owned Darrell Green on one on one matchups?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:

INT's are good/bad If you go for one and miss, TD, if you go for one and make it then you stop a TD.

Where *** imo is Pass Defections and TD's given up. I'd take 3 points over a TD everyday

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
As much as it pains me to admit it, right now I think Dallas has the best cornerback trio in the NFL.

The Commanders are almost, but not quite as good in that department.

I'd like to also say the Bears' pass defense are up there as well. Nathan Vasher is an interception machine and allowed very few big plays.

The Commanders arent close

Shawn Springs is good, but old and declining. Carlos Rogers had an average rookie season and is nowhere near Terence Newman or Anthony Henry. Kenny Wright is a joke

stilltheguru

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The Commanders arent close

Shawn Springs is good, but old and declining. Carlos Rogers had an average rookie season and is nowhere near Terence Newman or Anthony Henry. Kenny Wright is a joke

carlos is good.relax.he is definately on anthony henrys level if not better.
But yes that kenny wright dude does look horrid.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
stilltheguru said:

Carlos on Henry level. Who let you out of the mental institute

YoungBuck

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Champ and DeAngelo routinely get assigned man to man, one on one coverage so that makes teams with solid WRs willing to take chances. Teams are likely to test one on one coverage, even against all pro CBs when you have a solid WR. Remember how Irvin owned Darrell Green on one on one matchups?

Are you saying Newman was never placed one on one with other wrs? Watch the carolina, Arizona, and Philly games to start.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Carlos on Henry level. Who let you out of the mental institute

carlos rogers has WAYYYYYYY more athletic ability then henry. Rookie year newman>>>henry.

yall overrate henry alot. Its not like he doesnt get beat. He is a solid corner and does good in run support but he isnt in the league of the cbs with physical greatness such as newman,hall,champ,ROGERS,etc.

springs and carlos>>>henry. not by much tho.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
stilltheguru said:

Carlos Rogers: 2 INT, 2 passes defensed, 0 TDs

Anthony Henry: 3 INT, 11 passes defensed, 1 TD

Henry also gave up two less TDs