Best Cowboys Kicker?

Flamma

Reaction score
Who can forget this little gem. You have to skip to the 1:41 mark to see Larry Allen's reaction to Jose Cortez. :muttley:

LOL!!!! I remember that. Maybe Larry apologized. The snap caused the poor kick. But that cracked me up. Larry didn't see the snap. But who knows, maybe Larry didn't care?

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL!!!! I remember that. Maybe Larry apologized. The snap caused the poor kick. But that cracked me up. Larry didn't see the snap. But who knows, maybe Larry didn't care?
We need to hire Larry for Special Teams. If any of our kickers miss a kick, he gets to go on the field and kick their butts!! LOL :laugh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
During his brief tenure with the Cowboys (3 years), Chris Boniol had a 26 straight FG streak, missed one, then had a 27 straight FG streak.

He left because the Cowboys had cap issues and couldn't match the Eagles offer to him as a restricted free agent.

Flamma

Reaction score
We need to hire Larry for Special Teams. If any of our kickers miss a kick, he gets to go on the field and kick their butts!! LOL :laugh:

If nothing else, you can tell Larry cared about winning. I'm not sure how many players today do.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
During his brief tenure with the Cowboys (3 years), Chris Boniol had a 26 straight FG streak, missed one, then had a 27 straight FG streak.

He left because the Cowboys had cap issues and couldn't match the Eagles offer to him as a restricted free agent.
I remember Boniol. Wasn't he the kicking coach when Dan Bailey was here?

links18

Reaction score

He also kicked 7 FGs, an NFL record at the time, to beat the eventual Super Bowl champion Packers in 1996. The last one came with time expiring and the Cowboys comfortably ahead, causing Reggie White to cuss out Switzer.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bailey was amazing for several years there.

Yeah, "just" a kicker, but another great talent wasted in the Garrett years.