Rocky Horror Picture Show

Dr. Strangelove: Or How I learned to Quit Worrying and Love the Bomb

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To Die For

Bad Santa - don't know if it qualifies as a dark comedy, but it's one of the rare movies I actually went to and wanted to go to it.

Vampire in Brooklyn - Not sure it was supposed to be a comedy, but I laughed through the whole thing.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bad Santa - don't know if it qualifies as a dark comedy, but it's one of the rare movies I actually went to and wanted to go to it.

When we went to see it there were several ladies with young kids in the theater. Needless to say they left rather quickly :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
When we went to see it there were several ladies with young kids in the theater. Needless to say they left rather quickly :D
Yeah we had a couple parents take their kids out too. My friend didn't like it, but I freaking luv'd it. It appealed to my sick humor.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Yeah we had a couple parents take their kids out too. My friend didn't like it, but I freaking luv'd it. It appealed to my sick humor.
I laughed my arse off at it :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woody'sGirl said:
To Die For

Vampire in Brooklyn - Not sure it was supposed to be a comedy, but I laughed through the whole thing.

Yes bad Santa was a good one....I rolled througout that movie.

Far as Vampire in Brooklyn...I have to say I was very disappointed in that movie however I still loved the one scene and think it is one of the funnier lines in a movie.

Where he is playing the part of a preacher in the church

Evil is Good
Arse is good

And if you get you a piece of Evil Arse...WOOOOOO

:lmao:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
To Die For

Bad Santa was too funny. The kid was great. I loved the scenes with John Ritter. The teaching the kid to defend himself scene brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard.

I just turned a corner. I was beating the crap out of these teenagers and it hit me. Priceless.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Bad Santa was too funny. The kid was great. I loved the scenes with John Ritter. The teaching the kid to defend himself scene brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard.

I just turned a corner. I was beating the crap out of these teenagers and it hit me. Priceless.
I felt sorry for the kid. I heard that after every take Billy Bob made sure the kid knew he was only acting and didn't mean what he was saying to him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Another one,

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
Never seen it and I'm not a big enough fan of Chuck Barris to rent it. I might catch it on cable sometime.

Duane

Reaction score
Grosse Point Blank - Cusack is great and the soundtrack is awesome.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
American Psycho was a good movie - but it wasn't a comedy.

Funny parts, sure - but it wasn't a dark comedy.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Great Dark Comedies:

Heathers

Grosse Pointe Blank

Bad Santa

Harold and Maude

In the Company of Men

Beetlejuice

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
"after hours" (1985) starring griffin dunne (jack in "an american werewolf in london").

you'll be wondering "what could possibly go wrong next?"

and the answer will be "everything".

best line: "they'll probably blame that on me."

a lesser-known martin scorcese-directed gem.

No_Hands

Reaction score
add The Grifters for you Cusack fans

a few others to try:

Employee of the Month....Matt Dillon, Christina Applegate and Steve Zahn in a bank robbery flick.

Curdled....I know it's hard to believe, but, Billy Baldwin in a pretty good movie
Crazy in Alabama....a 1960's Melanie Griffith gets rid of an abusive husband and goes for stardom in Hollywood
Drowning Mona....a who killed a crazy Bette Midler movie, some really good performances

I don't think Me, Myself & Irene or The Cable Guy ever got thr respect they deserved. Too many people can't deal with Jim Carrey in his darker stuff.

And of course, the king is Raising Arizona....Coen brothers at their best