Best Fit for Six Top Free Agents

John813

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it. I think the Front office would like to see the young guys step up but at the same time I don't think they are wanting 2024 to be a bad year. It's a prove it year for the coach and possibly the QB.

Campbell is old, but can provide snaps at a good enough level. Question is how much he wants and how much Dallas wants to give. Sure he's bidding his time waiting for TC to pass by and wait for an injury.

Carson

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind it. I think the Front office would like to see the young guys step up but at the same time I don't think they are wanting 2024 to be a bad year. It's a prove it year for the coach and possibly the QB.

Campbell is old, but can provide snaps at a good enough level. Question is how much he wants and how much Dallas wants to give. Sure he's bidding his time waiting for TC to pass by and wait for an injury.
Considering last year he signed for $7 million, I imagine he is asking anywhere from $4-$6 million. Still way out of our price range

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If we are serious about winning, at all, we need to sign at least 2 more DTs.
We have Osa and a bunch of question marks.

John813

Reaction score
Considering last year he signed for $7 million, I imagine he is asking anywhere from $4-$6 million. Still way out of our price range

Yea.
I know for Keanu Neal they did a 1 year deal, but 2-3 years of void years to knock down the year 1 cap hit.
By 2025 it's the same impact as if he was signed to a 1 year deal with no voids, but curious if that's something they could do if they plan on having Dak play out at his current cap hit.

The Natural

Reaction score
He would have ranked third on our team in sacks last year, we can't possibly think we're too good to sign still-productive vets.

erod

Reaction score
You know that’s not how this team thinks lol.

Campbell had 6.5 sacks. So why pay him $6 million?

I can get 2 from Golston, 1 from Fehoko, 2 from Osa and 1 from Carl Davis!
You think defensive tackle are about sacks? Lol

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Campbell couldn't hurt. Especially on this DLine.

To address the other FAs on that list, I was at least was hoping for a Gilmore return. I thought having him roaming with Diggs and Bland would have been pretty solid.

Creeper

Reaction score
Campbell doesn't need the money. He is already collecting Social Security.

Seriously, I don't see the point of a old curmudgeon like Campbell at this point. But as always, if he is willing to play for a bag of donuts then why not bring him in and see if he can still play.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t see Calais Campbell here. This FO won’t pay what he’s wanting. I guess there’s a chance if no other team signs him by the beginning of the season we could get him for less.

But the absolute first requirement for any FA in Big D is being cheap.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hunter Renfrow might quite possibly become a reasonably productive acquisition for the Cowboys.

Unsure what he'd cost, but he shouldn't be too expensive, even for cheapskates like our Cowboys.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
You think defensive tackle are about sacks? Lol
What? You completely missed the point.

The point is Jerry wont spend that money for a defensive end to get sacks when he believes his rotational guys can equal Campbells production.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don’t see the fit here. Not at DE, and not at DT. Not with the way this FO does business.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yep. $3 million seems to be our cap for outside FAs this year.