Best FREE web hosting?

David

Reaction score
Does anyone know of some really good sites that offer free personal web pages?

I'm looking for some place to toss up a couple of pics, a short bio, and some links.

What do you suggest? Thank in advance. ;)

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I would like to know as well, i've been wanting to put up some pics. :eek:

David

Reaction score
RoyWillisill

I just found this. Max Pages. But I would still like to get some more suggestions to ensure I'm using the best options.

Bring them on... ;)

David

Reaction score
David said:
RoyWillisill

I just found this. Max Pages. But I would still like to get some more suggestions to ensure I'm using the best options.

Bring them on... ;)
RoyWillisill

Forget about MaxPages. After reading the terms and conditions and the FAQ's they ultimately will charge you for the site.

This one is a dud.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
David said:
Thanks Junk! Do you use freewebs.com?

I have one there, but have yet to populate it. My friend has a website there and seems pretty happy with it.

Reaction score
i've used Netfirms.com for sites for years.

you can start w/ a free site, then easily upgrade it to a pay site to get bannerless later if/when you decide you want that.

edit:
never mind, looks like they've stopped taking "new" free members.

guess the free sites i have there are "grandfathered?"

David

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
i've used Netfirms.com for sites for years.

you can start w/ a free site, then easily upgrade it to a pay site to get bannerless later if/when you decide you want that.
DallasCowpoke

Thanks for suggestion. The site looks promising. I did'nt realize that web hosting was soo inexpensive they days, perhaps it's because it's so competitive.

I have three idea's for web based businesses that I've wanted to investigate for some time, now may be as good a time any.

P.S. If anyone else has some knowledge they would like to impart, feel free to jump in.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
David said:
DallasCowpoke

Thanks for suggestion. The site looks promising. I did'nt realize that web hosting was soo inexpensive they days, perhaps it's because it's so competitive.

I have three idea's for web based businesses that I've wanted to investigate for some time, now may be as good a time any.

P.S. If anyone else has some knowledge they would like to impart, feel free to jump in.

Once your web based businesses take off, I will send you my consulting bill. :D

Duane

Reaction score
Don't want to hijack the thread but I'd like somewhere to host files as well.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you just want a site to host pictures ...try www.***BLOCKED***.

Not sure about websites anymore.

But if you are on an ISP at home...then you should have at least a couple megs worth of web space you are already paying for.

I would call your ISP and find out, most times they will not tell you when you sign up, figuring if he does not ask that is less space we have to give out.

But most will have a few megs like I said.

You may have to learn how to use the FTP client but they may be able to help youwith that.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Just made one real quick, just to mess around.... alot of angels on there. :D Check it out if you'd like. my wack webpage Pretty cool to mess around with, nothing real organized though. :(

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
junk said:
The blue 69 out in front. I couldn't really see the others. What were they?
There was only 2 cars the rest were girl pics. :D The other one is my 2001 , but i figured it was the 69. :D

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
There was only 2 cars the rest were girl pics. :D The other one is my 2001 , but i figured it was the 69. :D

I want a 69, but they are tough to come by. They are a sweet car. What was the last year they made Camaros?

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
junk said:
I want a 69, but they are tough to come by. They are a sweet car. What was the last year they made Camaros?
2002, i was going to get one but my 2001 was one of the last ones there, so they were more like trying to get rid of it, got a better price than i would have on a 2002. Only difference were the tags that said 35th anniversary. I wanted an SS, but we can't always get what we want, i'm more than happy with my Z , but black is a B*tch to keep clean. I hope in the future to get a 2nd and 3rd generation camaro, and hopefully a return of the 5th gen. My dream is to have a garage with one camaro from every generation. I'm alredy half way done. :D Not to mention, i'm in love with the LT1 camaro's of the early to mid nineties. Have you ever owned a camaro ?