Best Game all Year

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This was the first game all year where I saw a truly cohesive football team out there.

The defense made the routine look routine, tackled, and stood tall in the big moments even with their three best ends out and starting a backup at corner.

The offense found a way to run the ball against a strong Pittsburgh front, even with injuries along the line. Dowdle and Tolbert carried this offense all night which was great to see.

Dak played a good game on all but 3 plays where he was reckless with the ball. Without the turnovers, this isn’t even close. Those two interceptions were unacceptable YOLO balls by him, but he was absolutely nails on that last drive. This was a classic maddening Dak Prescott performance.

For the first time this season, I was proud to be watching Dallas play. They looked like an actual team. I still think this is an average-below average team, but I was glad to see them play a buttoned up game against a quality opponent.

Qcard

Reaction score
This was the first game all year where I saw a truly cohesive football team out there.

The defense made the routine look routine, tackled, and stood tall in the big moments even with their three best ends out and starting a backup at corner.

The offense found a way to run the ball against a strong Pittsburgh front, even with injuries along the line. Dowdle and Tolbert carried this offense all night which was great to see.

Dak played a good game on all but 3 plays where he was reckless with the ball. Without the turnovers, this isn’t even close. Those two interceptions were unacceptable YOLO balls by him, but he was absolutely nails on that last drive.

For the first time this season, I was proud to be watching Dallas play. They looked like an actual team. I still think this is an average-below average team, but I was glad to see them play a buttoned up game against a quality opponent.
This was a Classic "look at what life without Dak looks like......"

The Steelers Defense deserve the Win

leeblair

Reaction score

Dak played a good game on all but 3 plays where he was reckless with the ball. Without the turnovers, this isn’t even close. Those two interceptions were unacceptable YOLO balls by him, but he was absolutely nails on that last drive. This was a classic maddening Dak Prescott performance.

It's amazing how prime time games always end in the final seconds, don't you think?
It's almost as if they are designed that way.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
It's amazing how prime time games always end in the final seconds, don't you think?
It's almost as if they are designed that way.
Seen several prime time blowouts this season.

Dallas has lost too many close primetime games in my lifetime for me to ever think that the fix was in.

They turned the ball over 3 times, had a FG blocked, and committed a ton of penalties and still won. Just take the W.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Man I thought it was such a sloppy effort by Dallas. The only positive I took away was that with this new OL configuration maybe we can run the ball effectively. I think this was a great matchup for us and it was great to get the road W. But until we beat or at least look competitive against a contender I’m not a believer.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
GZQ4ciNWMAER_9a

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Hit the breaks, sunshine. That was an ugly game that the Cowboys were fortunate to win.

The offense couldn't finish drives because Dak kept throwing interceptions. That's not acceptable.

Zimmer piecemealed enough defense to hold the Steelers to 17 points all game. Despite the injuries, the defense was the biggest factor in the win.

Mistakes and penalties are still preventing this team from being all they can be. An ugly win is better than any loss.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Man I thought it was such a sloppy effort by Dallas. The only positive I took away was that with this new OL configuration maybe we can run the ball effectively. I think this was a great matchup for us and it was great to get the road W. But until we beat or at least look competitive against a contender I’m not a believer.
They will certainly get their chance in the next weeks. Defense still suspect. OL looks better with TSmith at LT. Bass at LG. Guyton might try RT.