Best HC since JJ and we don't appreciate him

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have a short memory. Alzheimer's? The starting QB and the entire offensive line was injured last year as well as many others.

You have a short memory or is it brain damage?. We were 1-3 with Dak in lineup last season. Even as great as Dak was playing we couldn’t overcome the DC McCarthy brought in who implemented a scheme that didn’t fit anyone. We ended up having to cut three players from the defense that McCarthy signed off on who sucked that he continued to praise after we cut them. He said they did everything we asked of them. Lol We couldn’t overcome some of the bad game decisions McCarthy was making. He continues to make brain dead game decisions but we’ve been able to win in spite of them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You have a short memory or is it a lack of brain cells? We were 1-3 with Dak in lineup last season. Even as great as Dak was playing we couldn’t overcome the DC McCarthy brought in who implemented a scheme that didn’t fit anyone. We ended up having to cut three players from the defense that McCarthy signed off on who sucked that he continued to praise after we cut them. He said they did everything we asked of them. Lol We couldn’t overcome some of the bad game decisions McCarthy was making. He continues to make brain dead game decisions but we’ve been able to win in spite of them.
The o line injuries had nothing to do with it huh?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The OL Injuries weren’t preventing Dak from putting up historical numbers through the first four games last season. We’ve had issues on the OL this season. Collins has been out most of the season with a suspension. Our number two receiver has been out most of the season. Our center has had snapping issues. There probably wasn’t a team in the league that handled the virtual offseason last year worse than us. McCarthy admitted to a lot of mistakes that were made.

Xeven

Reaction score
Jerry’s legacy is to be remembered as being the most stupid owner ever for not Keeping Jimmy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The historically bad defense had something to do with it last season. Despite the OL injuries Dak was amazing and we were putting up 30+ a game. We had the number one offense in the league when he got injured. We couldn’t win because our defense was in the process of giving up the most points in franchise history.

Big_D

Reaction score
The historically bad defense had something to do with it last season. Despite the OL injuries Dak was amazing and we were putting up 30+ a game. We had the number one offense in the league when he got injured. We couldn’t win because our defense was in the process of giving up the most points in franchise history.

Are we seriously blaming McCarthy for this? Even the Nolan hire? lol Jerry and Garrett built that crap over a decade and it's been pure garbage. How's the D look today? 22 games removed... last years team wasn't overcoming a dam thing.

Defense was nothing but a giant fail the previous 10 years but a coach in year one should have it turned around? Laughable that people actually pin that entire mess on Nolan and not the crap decisions that put it together. The D sucked long before 2020.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are we seriously blaming McCarthy for this? Even the Nolan hire? lol Jerry and Garrett built that crap over a decade and it's been pure garbage. How's the D look today? 22 games removed... last years team wasn't overcoming a dam thing.

Defense was nothing but a giant fail the previous 10 years but a coach in year one should have it turned around? Laughable that people actually pin that entire mess on Nolan and not the crap decisions that put it together. The D sucked long before 2020.

Of course you have to blame McCarthy for the Nolan hiring they had a history together. The defense today is better than last year’s but it’s still not that good. We’re getting turnovers but we’re getting gashed for big plays every week. No one expected McCarthy to turn everything around in one season but we didn’t expect to get worse than we were the previous season with Garrett. We didn’t expect McCarthy’s time management and game decisions to be as poor as they have been. Even some in the national media are saying we’re winning in spite of him. Practically every week his game decisions are being questioned.

Big_D

Reaction score
Of course you have to blame McCarthy for the Nolan hiring they had a history together. The defense today is better than last year’s but it’s still not that good. We’re getting turnovers but we’re getting gashed for big plays every week. No one expected McCarthy to turn everything around in one season but we didn’t expect to get worse than we were the previous season with Garrett. We didn’t expect McCarthy’s time management and game decisions to be as poor as they have been. Even some in the national media are saying we’re winning in spite of him. Practically every week his game decisions are being questioned.

And yet they're still 5-1. And yet the team is light years better even giving up gashed plays. Just funny that everything positive has now switched over to the coordinators and I guess Jerry? while McCarthy is what's wrong! Before it was Garrett was the good part and Jerry was the bad. It gets confusing after so long. Team is better than it's been in a long time. I don't need the national media to tell me that. I don't remember anyone talking about how great Kellen Moore was last year?

Primetime42

Reaction score
I wouldn't quite put him past Parcells just yet. Tuna completely changed the culture around here after 8 years of straight up garbage. That was not an easy task.

That's not to say McCarthy has not done a good job so far this year. The players are clearly buying what he's selling and the coaching staff has his fingerprints on it. And you know they all appreciate how he's able to stay even keeled.

But one can't deny the game management is a serious issue and it's going to cost us a game. You can only hope that doesn't happen in the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And yet they're still 5-1. And yet the team is light years better even giving up gashed plays. Just funny that everything positive has now switched over to the coordinators and I guess Jerry? while McCarthy is what's wrong! Before it was Garrett was the good part and Jerry was the bad. It gets confusing after so long. Team is better than it's been in a long time. I don't need the national media to tell me that. I don't remember anyone talking about how great Kellen Moore was last year?

We’re 5-1 and we’ll see where we end up. There won’t be anyone praising McCarthy if we continue to fall short in postseason. Many were talking up Kellen Moore last season. We had the number one our offense in the league until Dak's injury. Some thought he might get a head coaching job during the offseason.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Last year any coach would have looked bad.
I agree, but at some point you have to realize what your DC was doing to this team, that's not something that should go unnoticed within an organization especially the HC

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
This animosity is what JG left.

We finally land a good coach , (not the greatest of all time) , & people are in denial .

This smells like the JG stench .

Techsass

Reaction score
I agree, but at some point you have to realize what your DC was doing to this team, that's not something that should go unnoticed within an organization especially the HC
True, but I think Mike had more than a few "suggestions" for Nolan has the season drug on. The D never got close to being good, but they were much better the last leg of the season.