Best Super Bowl Result for the Cowboys

sjmike

Reaction score
I live in the Philly area. I have two favorite teams, the Cowboys and who's ever playing the Iggles. I hate the Iggles and their obnoxious fans with a passion. Not even sure that I am going to watch the game. If I do watch it and the Chiefs are winning, I will probably keep watching but if they are going to lose to Philly, I will definitely turn it off.

Having said all of that, I have to prepare myself for the chance that the Iggles do prevail. There will be smugness and gloating and boasting for the entire offseason by this fan base. So I started thinking about what, if anything, good could come out of the Iggles being Super Bowl Champs. Three words, Super Bowl Hangover. If Philly does prevail, the inevitable offseason circuit by the players and management will be followed. They won't be into their offseason training as much as they would if they did not win. They will be reading their press clippings and think their doodoo doesn't stink. They will be listening to everyone telling them how great they are. They won't have the Eye of the Tiger that is needed to be the best team going into next year.

So that's the silver lining if Philly wins it. The best result for next year's season is with Philly winning and getting fat and happy. I can take solace with that. But, having said all of that, I hope the Chiefs whip their butts up and down Broad Street. Let's go KC!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
I live in the Philly area. I have two favorite teams, the Cowboys and who's ever playing the Iggles. I hate the Iggles and their obnoxious fans with a passion. Not even sure that I am going to watch the game. If I do watch it and the Chiefs are winning, I will probably keep watching but if they are going to lose to Philly, I will definitely turn it off.

Having said all of that, I have to prepare myself for the chance that the Iggles do prevail. There will be smugness and gloating and boasting for the entire offseason by this fan base. So I started thinking about what, if anything, good could come out of the Iggles being Super Bowl Champs. Three words, Super Bowl Hangover. If Philly does prevail, the inevitable offseason circuit by the players and management will be followed. They won't be into their offseason training as much as they would if they did not win. They will be reading their press clippings and think their doodoo doesn't stink. They will be listening to everyone telling them how great they are. They won't have the Eye of the Tiger that is needed to be the best team going into next year.

So that's the silver lining if Philly wins it. The best result for next year's season is with Philly winning and getting fat and happy. I can take solace with that. But, having said all of that, I hope the Chiefs whip their butts up and down Broad Street. Let's go KC!!!
Nothing good comes from the eagles blasting by us again and winning another super bowl in 5 years while we sit on our hands and our GM continues to embarrass us and keep us a few players short of truly competing.

Nothing good at all we just bask in the embarrassment of his pet projects like Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore.

There is absolutely nothing good about the Dallas Cowboys playing second fiddle to the Philadelphia eagles.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, we just need a new offensive coordinator. And the Bear's defense.
Trent Dilfer is somewhere laughing.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the Cowboys haven't come close to winning a Super Bowl in 28 years, I no longer focus on what's best for the Cowboys in this situation and instead just want to see a great game.

If we could get a Super Bowl game like the Bills-Chiefs playoff game last season that would be awesome.

Flamma

Reaction score
I live in the Philly area. I have two favorite teams, the Cowboys and who's ever playing the Iggles. I hate the Iggles and their obnoxious fans with a passion.
They're like cockroaches. The infestation has even spread to the NY sports radio station. Even the Empire State building. Singing one brain dead song or another. But I know one thing. If they lose, the first thing I'm going to do is turn on 94.1 FM and listen to the tears. You may be familiar with that station.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoping AR has dissected the eagles and keeps them off balance all game.
I'd love to see the eagles and "wonder coach " dismantled.
Then I woke up

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Why not just place a bet if you want to make the game interesting? You’ve put a lot of thought into a game that won’t really mean anything this time next week.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am to the point I don't really care. I do not like the Eagles of course, but do not like KC all that much anyway. Most of the time I root for them to lose, as it depends on who they are playing such as an NFCE team, or any NFC team.

I know a few very arrogant KC fans here, but also a one decent fan. I survived the 1st Eagles SB win, I will survive another.
After the GB - Pittsburgh SB played on our home turf, my 2 most hated teams. That was worse than the Eagles making it. :angry:

I just want to win some money in the football pool.

sjmike

Reaction score
They're like cockroaches. The infestation has even spread to the NY sports radio station. Even the Empire State building. Singing one brain dead song or another. But I know one thing. If they lose, the first thing I'm going to do is turn on 94.1 FM and listen to the tears. You may be familiar with that station.

Yessir. I especially like to watch Postgame Live on Comcast after they lose. Good for the soul!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I honestly dont care about anything but whats good for the Cowboys. You live in Philly so yah I could see how that directly affects your life.

Best thing for the Cowboys is for the Eagles to win. It would do two big things:

1. Embarrass Jerry and make him possibly wake up from his blind slumber
2. Aid in the destruction of thieir SB caliber team. Any and all FA's for them will got monster offers and they wont be able to keep that team together.

Sadly the Eagles have two first round picks next year.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This is too funny. Jerry won't be embarrassed, no matter who wins. As long as people continue to talk about Dallas he's fine and he will remain this way to the day he dies.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
As much as I hate the eagles, I hate Jerry equally as much, so do what you want with that information.

ghst187

Reaction score
The only good thing that can happen with an eagles win is Hurtz wants 100m per season and breaks their cap and ability to bring back any of their voluminous amount of FAs

blueblood70

Reaction score

42 injuries between both teams causing them to call it a tie and call the game over not enough players to finish.. LOL but in reality all AFC all KC no

way no how i want to see ,.hear, or read anything related to an SHEagle's 2nd Lombardi..any pulls for the eagles in here is auto ignore click..imm going through this thread an ignoring all hoping for an Beagle's win.. sorry it has to be that way..no hard core DCFFL would pull for the iggles.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Nothing good comes from the eagles blasting by us again and winning another super bowl in 5 years while we sit on our hands and our GM continues to embarrass us and keep us a few players short of truly competing.

Nothing good at all we just bask in the embarrassment of his pet projects like Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore.

There is absolutely nothing good about the Dallas Cowboys playing second fiddle to the Philadelphia eagles.
Worst part is Jerrah thinks we're doing things better than the Eagles.