Best trios coming up on ESPN

blindzebra

Reaction score
First tease was Troy, Michael, and Emmitt.

Second one had Montana, Craig and Rice.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
voting going on now at espn.com for best trio ever.
aikman irvin smith.....montana, rice , craig.........griese, csonka, warfield....
bradshaw, harris, swann...and manning, harrison and james.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
poke said:
aikman irvin smith.....montana, rice , craig.........griese, csonka, warfield....

really shouldnt even be close...and the Colts trio shouldnt get a single vote

David

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The Cowboys are slightly behind the 49ers right now...something like 42-34% with 13,000 or so votes.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
First tease was Troy, Michael, and Emmitt.

Second one had Montana, Craig and Rice.
Which one of these things is not like the other, which one of these things just doesn't belong...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
really shouldnt even be close...and the Colts trio shouldnt get a single vote

David
it won't be close...it'll be montana, rice, craig....if you doubt that result, you haven't been paying attention for the last 20 years.

cowboys have no chance.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
it won't be close...it'll be montana, rice, craig....if you doubt that result, you haven't been paying attention for the last 20 years.

cowboys have no chance.

yeah we all know where you stand on this motley

David

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

No kidding, Aikman was a bus driver, Irvin a 3rd down possession receiver and Smith a small slow back who only gained yards because of his line.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley said:

cowboys have no chance.
Nobody besides Chris Berman thinks like that.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
Nobody besides Chris Berman thinks like that.

....and all Cowboy haters for which there are millions.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
poke said:

Was watching ESPN radio on espn news with Mike and Milke the other day while they were discussing this and I was thinking about how polls like this always concentrate on the last 20 or 30 years only. Greeney then makes the same comment, something like dont you think we should have some classic trio in here. All the time I am thinking of the old Colts. Minutes later he reads an email (not from me) and says "Unitas, Berry and Larrimore, or something Im not sure who that is." Larrimore? He doesnt know Lenny Moore? I mean Lenny Moore was long retired before I watched my first football game but I know him. Its a shame that not even professionals have sense of history, much less the average fan.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I know who the best trio was and that is all that really matters...:D

ravidubey

Reaction score
Montana won three Superbowls with Craig and two with Rice and Craig. Bradshaw, Swann, and Harris won four. They have legit claims, after all Montana is the best QB ever (or at least 1A next to Elway) and Rice is the best WR ever while Emmitt is arguably the best RB ever.

It's legitimately a close call, but IMO Aikman-Irvin-Emmitt win because of how dominant they were in games. None of this fake-you-out with the pretty draw play WCO crap, the real Triplets threw and caught perfect passes and ran right at and over you. You knew what was coming but couldn't stop it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David
no, apparently you don't...i was referring to the prejudice towards the 49'ers....no way in hell the Cowboys could win with aikman, smith, and irvin over montana, rice, and craig...not on espn.

sorry i wasn't more clear with my sarcasm in the first post...i didn't think i needed to be....i've been a cowboys fan since the ice bowl, but i don't expect them to win any popularity contests on espn.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
no, apparently you don't...i was referring to the prejudice towards the 49'ers....no way in hell the Cowboys could win with aikman, smith, and irvin over montana, rice, and craig...not on espn.

sorry i wasn't more clear with my sarcasm in the first post...i didn't think i needed to be....i've been a cowboys fan since the ice bowl, but i don't expect them to win any popularity contests on espn.

got it, ok

and yeah, I totally agree

David

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Montana, Rice, and Craig never won 3 SBs together. So just from a group accomplishment perspective, they fall short of the "Triplets."