'Beverly Hillbillies' star Donna Douglas dead at 81

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Donna Douglas, the actress who won over TV viewers as Elly May Clampett on “The Beverly Hillbillies,” has died, according to multiple media reports. She was 81.
The star’s granddaughter told TMZ, Douglas died in her Louisiana home surrounded by friends and family.

Douglas appeared “The Beverly Hillbillies” for all nine seasons of the show and reprised her role in a TV movie reboot of the series in 1981.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...es-star-donna-douglas-dead-at-81-reports-say/

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
YWkyOV9sQjY2S2sx_o_elvis-presley-and-donna-douglas-frankie-and-johnny.jpg

ologan

Reaction score
I guess you could call it a "boyhood crush"!
(PS-They lied about going blind!)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She was terrific in one of the best "Twilight Zone" episodes– ever!

And if it's one of the best TZ episodes ever, then it's one of TV's best episodes– period.

burmafrd

Reaction score
she was shown not too long ago looking petty spry; wonder what it was that took her down. When someone you remember as a child passes away it really makes one feel very old.

Bizwah

Reaction score
This is one celebrity I've met. Very sweet and spiritual woman.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So sad. I grew up with her on the Beverly Hillbillies.I

What an interesting era of TV.

The comedies were goofy, but light-hearted...

"The Beverly Hillbillies"
"Petticoat Junction"
"Green Acres"
"Bewitched"
"My Three Sons"

It took "All in the Family" to take comedies into an entirely different direction.

RS12

Reaction score
I have known a few women who cooked like her.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Always loved her character... she was up there with Ginger, Mary Ann and Jeannie...

kimrose

Reaction score
This is one celebrity I've met. Very sweet and spiritual woman.

You are very lucky, Bizwah. I feel a bit jealous. I would have loved to have met her. I always loved Ellie May, but who didn't, right? lol.;)

I will always and forever remember how she "learnt how to tawlk" like a big city girl. "How now, brown cow?" I used to say that over and over as a kid, trying to emulate her switching from a southern girl into a sophisticated worldly sounding woman, lol. It was so funny and cute, listening to her voice and accent totally transform like that. lol. But, I thought there was nothing really wrong with the way Ellie May talked, and it was much more attractive than the big city "couldn't be bothered" girl accent. But, I'm a southern girl, myself, and maybe that's why.:p

RIP, Miss Douglas. You were truly a one of a kind lady. And you created a remarkable and unforgettable one of a kind character, who we all grew up with and loved dearly. Thank you for giving us some wonderful, special, and priceless memories. :)