All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
edwood_06.jpg

Be-VARE! Be-VARE!!!

PULL THE STRINGS!

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
CowTipping;1781674 said:
But you have to admit the Buffalo game was fun.

The best part about the Buffalo game was going to ES afterwards and reading their comments as they went through the emotions from glee, trepidation, shock to anger.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboy625;1781672 said:
The Jets dont really scare me, but we have to come out and grabem byt the throat. We cant have another Buffalo situation, where we let the team hang around and play like crap with turnovers and penalties. I just dont want any set backs b/c we are on a roll.

I agree that Dallas can't afford to come out and play a sloppy ball game. While the Jets are 2-8 they are still an NFL team and one that can take risk in this game. Dallas has to beware of onside kicks at anytime or the flea flickers. Jets have nothing to lose and I know if I was the coach of the Jets I would come in willing to take some big risk in this game. Common sense says the Jets will not win if they try to play head to head with Cowboys.

cowboy625

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1781681 said:
Yes, it was.

But I lost three years of my life. :laugh2:

And two days worth of sick leave. I certainly didnt go to work the next day.

I was so plastered by games end there was no way I could function the next day.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
cowboy625;1781639 said:
:mad:
Just look at this, the Steelers were playing some of the best football in the league and got upset by the Jets. I would just hate to see us fall off to such a pitiful team.

The steelers ARE NOT playing the best football in the league. They are 4-2 vs teams above 500. The teams they beat average the worst rushing offense in the league and one of the worst passing offenses in the league. Those >500 teams also have the worst passing defense and rushing defense in the league. They have played bad teams and have won some, and played even worst teams and lost.

CowTipping

Reaction score
I cried a little after that game.

I go to see movies all the time, and none of them take me on ride like that game did.

cowboy625

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1781692 said:
The steelers ARE NOT playing the best football in the league. They are 4-2 vs teams above 500. The teams they beat average the worst rushing offense in the league and one of the worst passing offenses in the league. Those >500 teams also have the worst passing defense and rushing defense in the league. They have played bad teams and have won some, and played even worst teams and lost.

i just dont get it.

Bad Teams are bad teams because they lose to better teams. If you win you are good, if you lose you are bad. had the steelrs lost to the Bengals, the Bengals would n't have as many L's on their record. and vice versa. This is the NFL, looking at opponents records are pointless. The only thing that matters is what you do against that team once you get on the field. Ask the Saints about the Rams. After losing 8 straight.

CowTipping

Reaction score
cowboy625;1781702 said:
i just dont get it.

Bad Teams are bad teams because they lose to better teams. If you win you are good, if you lose you are bad. had the steelrs lost to the Bengals, the Bengals would n't have as many L's on their record. and vice versa. This is the NFL, looking at opponents records are pointless. The only thing that matters is what you do against that team once you get on the field. Ask the Saints about the Rams. After losing 8 straight.

I hate to point out that you are contradicting yourself. A record tallies how many times you win, and how many times you lose. :confused:

cowboy625

Reaction score
CowTipping;1781709 said:
I hate to point out that you are contradicting yourself. A record tallies how many times you win, and how many times you lose. :confused:

Meaning, assuming that you are guaranteed a win because of your opponents previous record is pointless. If you hadn't noticed, upsets happens every week. If it was an exact science and all based on wins and losses, people in Vegas would be out of a Job, and pennyless.

This is why we must beware of the upset. I just don't want to come out flat after a tough division game.

CowTipping

Reaction score
Nothing is guaranteed, but I am not going to fear the Jets until they show me that they can keep up with us on the field. What happened at Pitt is immaterial in my mind.

thewireman

Reaction score
cowboy625;1781715 said:
Meaning, assuming that you are guaranteed a win because of your opponents previous record is pointless. If you hadn't noticed, upsets happens every week. If it was an exact science and all based on wins and losses, people in Vegas would be out of a Job, and pennyless.

This is why we must beware of the upset. I just don't want to come out flat after a tough division game.

Its so funny to read people post about a team they root for and use the "we" "I" or "Us" as if there on the team

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thewireman;1781727 said:
Its so funny to read people post about a team they root for and use the "we" "I" or "Us" as if there on the team

Why not we don't get paid but many of us feel the pain after the loss and the joy of the win.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1781625 said:
I really don't see the Cowboys napping on this game. National spotlight game like this will keep the Cowboys focused.

we were the national spotlight games vs Buffalo and Washington too

David

zeromaster

Reaction score
cowboy625;1781618 said:
After knocking off Pittsburgh, we can not take this Jet team likely. We dont want to get caught napping. Just words of caution.
Beware the new poster predicting upsets...

We don't play on the field; we just take out our frustrations on this board...

CowTipping

Reaction score
thewireman;1781727 said:

If there were no fans then there would be no team, so we are part of the team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dbair1967;1781735 said:
we were the national spotlight games vs Buffalo and Washington too

David

And won both games didn't we? I don't think Dallas was overlooking the Bills. Romo had an off night and the Commanders game well tends to be a game where your stats and record really does not mean much. Like Jimmy Johnson said when we were 1-15 that 1 came against the Commanders

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
thewireman;1781727 said:

As the 12th man, we are part of the team and we can't come out flat. We can't overlook the Jets and think we can get away with mild applause. We have to bring our A game each week, yelling at the top of our lungs, spilling beer on the old lady in front of us wearing the opponents jersey, forcing them to shut their mouths when the Cowboys are on offense. If I hear 'J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets Jets' out of that stadium and it's not in jest I'm gonna blow a gasket.

:D

CowTipping

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1781749 said:
And won both games didn't we? I don't think Dallas was overlooking the Bills. Romo had an off night and the Commanders game well tends to be a game where your stats and record really does not mean much. Like Jimmy Johnson said when we were 1-15 that 1 came against the Commanders

The Bufflalo game was the equivalent of Indy's recent San Diego game, in that the quarterbacks played as bad as possible. The only difference is we pulled it out when it mattered most, which is why we are the second best team in the NFL.