Big-ace bear...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
So the story goes...

This bear was killed down on Hitchenbrook Island by an airman stationed at Elmendorf AFB in Alaska.

The bear measured 12' 6" and was estimated at over 1600 lbs.

The guy was walking to his hunting area and the bear stood up only 35 yards away. The bear dropped down and went straight for him. He emptied his gun and the bear fell 10 yards from him.

Check out the size of the paw in relation to the guy's head...​

Who knows if this is the real story... regardless... that is one big-ace bear...

big_bear-s1.jpg

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So...when do the bears start shooting back? THAT would be entertaining.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would make one heck of a rug. :D

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Since I live in Alaska. I wanted to clear a few things up about these pictures. These pictures are real. The story however is a wee bit stretched. This is the real story.

The facts are a little different from the original, but the pictures do record the results of a true hunt and are real.

These pictures were posted by a hunter who used the nickname Dalliwacker, on www.assaultweb.net, but who is, according to published articles, Jim Urban. He says that the bear was actually ten feet high and weighed between 1,000 and 1,200 pounds. He says the bear did not stand up then drop down and charge. It showed no aggression at all. He also says the bear was not shot on Hitchenbrook Island but, like all good hunters, he won't be specific about where he got it.

If you look closely you can see the hunter sitting himself well back from the animals head. This makes the animal look alot bigger than he actually is. The other picture of the paw of the animal is legit. You have to take this into consideration. The size of that paw is as big as most zoo brown bears. Tho it is large it is not however unique.

Still. Even in Alaska this is a very large bear. Aikmanac. You are welcome to come fishing with me anytime. I have been charged 2x in my 24 years in Alaska. Both while fishing the Russian River in the Chugach National Forest. I laugh when people get upset when a hunter takes one of these animals. I am not a hunter but given the increased agressiveness of the brown bear the past 8 years (they are virtually accustomed to humans now). I would not hesitate one second shooting one to defend my life or life of anyone in trouble. A human has zero chance against this animal if its purpose is to kill you. Zero chance. Playing dead can work against a sow and her cubs but a male who is hungry and grumpy will take the unfortunate hiker/fisherman out within a matter of seconds not minutes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have a cousin who killed a bear 2 years ago. He and his son were deer hunting in Arkansas. The bear charged the boy.

His story was in some hunters magazine. Not sure which.

I sent him these pictures after he sent me the e-mail version of his magazine article. His response was classic.

"Id' have soiled my shorts."

To which I replied, "uh huh."

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I have a cousin who killed a bear 2 years ago. He and his son were deer hunting in Arkansas. The bear charged the boy.

His story was in some hunters magazine. Not sure which.

I sent him these pictures after he sent me the e-mail version of his magazine article. His response was classic.

"Id' have soiled my shorts."

To which I replied, "uh huh."

In all honesty... any wild animal that charges a human is worthy of short-soiling... their sole purpose when charging is to have your life insurance distributed amongst your relatives...