Big Ben: 2nd In The NFL In Sacks

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Guys got 32 sacks on the season. Just behind Cassel for the most sacked QB in the league.

If Ware is good to go the defensive line and LBs could be up for a big game.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Pittsburg's OL is their achilles heel.

Looks like our STs have taken a step out of the gutter and aren't our Achilles heel anymore.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
On paper our best chance to beat them is with QB pressure and stopping the run. Not earth shattering news there. I hope we pound Ben and Romo and company can move the ball. I could see Barber with 50yds and 2 TDs and few FGs being enough to win the game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Their O-Line is terrible and so if our D-Line can bring the heat the way they have the last couple of games that will be a huge advantage to us.

reddyuta

Reaction score
ratliff will have a big game.we need to collapse the pocket and not allow big ben to step up.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
not about Ben but Steeler related. The steelers secondary will be healthy and at full strength this weekend against the cheaters. Steelers will get back corners Townsend and McFadden.

Aikbach

Reaction score
philly beat pittsburgh, dallas will beat pittsburgh.

going to sweep the AFC North and finish 11-5 after losing a meaningless game in Philly at season end while resting starters.

Reaction score
Ben is a easy target, Dallas just needs to wrap up his arms because he'll let he ball go as he's been hit.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Aikbach;2449931 said:

going to sweep the AFC North and finish 11-5 after losing a meaningless game in Philly at season end while resting starters.

I'd rather we play all out the last game of the season and carry that momentum into the playoffs like the Giants did the Patriots. Resting starters is overrated.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
if our Oline can play well, I think we can win, and win big, the Pitt secondary is just average, so stone the pass-rush and we can put up some points

that's a big if though

Boysboy

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2450066 said:
if our Oline can play well, I think we can win, and win big, the Pitt secondary is just average, so stone the pass-rush and we can put up some points

that's a big if though

My concerns are the mismatches they create with their pass rushers on 3rd down. Sure, their secondary has been average since the Cowher days, but when you can bring in fresh pass rushers on obvious passing situations, that's a big plus 9/10 times.

With that being said-I'll be rooting for the Steelers to beat NE this weekend, why? B/c if they lose, their sense of urgency to win the week after against us will really go up. Not saying they'll get complacent if they beat the Pats, but at this stage in the season, if you want to be a contender, losing back-back games is a no-no.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boysboy;2450093 said:
My concerns are the mismatches they create with their pass rushers on 3rd down. Sure, their secondary has been average since the Cowher days, but when you can bring in fresh pass rushers on obvious passing situations, that's a big plus 9/10 times.

With that being said-I'll be rooting for the Steelers to beat NE this weekend, why? B/c if they lose, their sense of urgency to win the week after against us will really go up. Not saying they'll get complacent if they beat the Pats, but at this stage in the season, if you want to be a contender, losing back-back games is a no-no.

...and all it takes is for Romo to burn them a couple of times deep when they try to blitz. Believe me, they'll back off if that happens. We are no cakewalk for the Steelers defense, or any defense for that matter. Add the fact that we're playing with a lot of confidence on both offense and defense.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2450098 said:
...and all it takes is for Romo to burn them a couple of times deep when they try to blitz. Believe me, they'll back off if that happens. We are no cakewalk for the Steelers defense, or any defense for that matter. Add the fact that we're playing with a lot of confidence on both offense and defense.

Excellent post..:bow: Our BIG oline along with Romo sliding in the pocket will slow their pass rush down. I hope they blitz us bigtime cause Romo will buy time and eat them alive. Their secondary isn't very good at all and can't cover us downfield. If we go up early, it'll be real tough on them to catch up. Our front 7 will dominate their weak oline.. The Steelers aren't all that at all..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Big Ben is a sitting duck just waiting to be taken down.

Memo to all front 7: Sic'em!!!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Mansta54;2450112 said:
Excellent post..:bow: Our BIG oline along with Romo sliding in the pocket will slow their pass rush down. I hope they blitz us bigtime cause Romo will buy time and eat them alive. Their secondary isn't very good at all and can't cover us downfield. If we go up early, it'll be real tough on them to catch up. Our front 7 will dominate their weak oline.. The Steelers aren't all that at all..

Thank you sir. Seriously, I've seen Romo burn blitzing teams in the past, no matter how exotic the scheme. I can also envision plays where we have him roll out to avoid the blitzers. Blitzing Romo is a dangerous proposition when he's on his game.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2450155 said:
Thank you sir. Seriously, I've seen Romo burn blitzing teams in the past, no matter how exotic the scheme. I can also envision plays where we have him roll out to avoid the blitzers. Blitzing Romo is a dangerous proposition when he's on his game.

I couldn't agree more. I luv when teams blitz us, absolutely luv it...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
jobberone;2449903 said:
Pittsburg's OL is their achilles heel.

Looks like our STs have taken a step out of the gutter and aren't our Achilles heel anymore.

Agreed. It sure doesnt help that Rothlisburger holds the ball as long as Bledsoe.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Aikbach;2449931 said:

You may be clairvoyant.