Big Ben...Not so Super Tonight

gosuns

Reaction score
Take a look at Big Ben's numbers from tonight's superbowl... Not impressive at all. He finished with like a 22 QB rating. That's good for worst ever in a superbowl and I think worst ever for a winning QB in an NFL playoff game.

So those of you who think Bledsoe is not good enough to get the job done you're nuts. Do I think Bledsoe is the answer beyond the next 3-4 years??? Absolutly NOT! But this is a win now league and Bledsoe gives us the best option to win NOW!!!

The thing we saw yet once again tonight was the team winning the superbowl without the highest paid player in the NFL on their team or the largest number of so called superstars. The Steelers are a team with a great "run first" attitude that gets it done in the trenches on both the offensive and defensive line. Yet another year concluded and T.O. has no ring. Peyton has no ring. Clinton Portis has no ring. The list goes on and on.

Big Ben and Tom Brady are both very good players don't get me wrong. But don't think for a second that either would have a ring(s) if it weren't for the selfless team play and hard work getting done by the guys on the line of scrimmage.

So what does all this mean for Dallas? Solidify the running game and build up your offensive and defensive lines. Also in Dallas' case running the 3-4 the must build up their LB corps. Also it couldn't hurt Dallas to get a playmaker at WR but we don't need to go drop $80 mill on T.O.

maxsports

Reaction score
So what does all this mean for Dallas? Solidify the running game and build up your offensive and defensive lines. Also in Dallas' case running the 3-4 the must build up their LB corps. Also it couldn't hurt Dallas to get a playmaker at WR but we don't need to go drop $80 mill on T.O.

Couldn't agree with you more!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rothles-whatever has been the ultimate bus driver. he is rarely asked to throw much -- he only has 3 career games throwing 30 or more passes (and 2 of those games were exactly 30!). They don't ask him to do too much -- they put good guys around him and he has success.

Don't get me wrong -- I think he's pretty good and he's got serious moxy. But he's a bus driver -- a good one -- but not the kind of guy who can carry a team.

You put Drew Bledsoe -- or even Trent Dilfer -- in that offense and they'd be celebrating tonight as well.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Rothlisberger played horrible. Now it will always be brought out in discussions that he is a superbowl winning QB. ick. Another stat Rothlisberger is the only QB to ever come early for the draft that has won a superbowl.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
gosuns said:
Take a look at Big Ben's numbers from tonight's superbowl... Not impressive at all. He finished with like a 22 QB rating. That's good for worst ever in a superbowl and I think worst ever for a winning QB in an NFL playoff game.

So those of you who think Bledsoe is not good enough to get the job done you're nuts. Do I think Bledsoe is the answer beyond the next 3-4 years??? Absolutly NOT! But this is a win now league and Bledsoe gives us the best option to win NOW!!!

The thing we saw yet once again tonight was the team winning the superbowl without the highest paid player in the NFL on their team or the largest number of so called superstars. The Steelers are a team with a great "run first" attitude that gets it done in the trenches on both the offensive and defensive line. Yet another year concluded and T.O. has no ring. Peyton has no ring. Clinton Portis has no ring. The list goes on and on.

Big Ben and Tom Brady are both very good players don't get me wrong. But don't think for a second that either would have a ring(s) if it weren't for the selfless team play and hard work getting done by the guys on the line of scrimmage.

Pitt showed me tonight, that you need a great D to force the opponent into making mistakes, and a running game that will net you a few key, big gains

net result...a Super Bowl ring

shore up the D, get a running game, and we have a shot

wood28

Reaction score
gosuns said:

I agree whit you 100% .. we need good players no BIG NAMES, i hope Parcells build up our OL in FA