Big Ben's Even Better

burmafrd

Reaction score
Doesn't matter - its what you do in the SB that matters. Stink it up there and the rest DOESN'T MATTER.

J-DOG

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Concerning the "upset" Pittsburgh pulled on Indy, the best play big Ben made was his lucky tackle on the fumble by Bettis. Plummer did more to lose the game against Pittsburgh than big Ben did to win it. And who can forget that overwhelming performance in the super bowl when he put up a QB rating of 22. They were not the team to beat last year everything just fell right for them. I hate to say it was a fluke they won the super bowl, but........
The guy wins.
If that is a criticism then I hope Bledsoe gets the same knock against him.
Ben's best game was against the Broncos. They were the better team.
When the Steelers dominated the Colts and barely hung on to win I knew they were the best team then.
Ben made plays...the big plays to win the Super Bowl.
Hasselbeck did not.
Anybody who thinks that the Seahawks deserved to win the Super Bowl was not paying attention.
The Steelers made the big plays and the Seahawks did not.
It's that simple.

blindzebra

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Doesn't matter - its what you do in the SB that matters. Stink it up there and the rest DOESN'T MATTER.

Hogwash, no ones career, nor worth comes down to a single game, and it's ridicuous to say so.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
J-DOG said:
The guy wins.
Yes he did. With a better QB getting knocked out very early, another QB having his worst game of the year, another offensive team (maybe the best in football) just flat out getting ran over by the Pitt D. He won alright. But......

blindzebra

Reaction score
Here's the playoffs sans SB:

01/08@CIN W 31-17 Yes 19 14 73.7 208 3 0 148.7

1/15@ IND W 21-18 Yes 24 14 58.3 197 2 1 95.3

1/22@ DEN W 34-17 Yes 29 21 72.4 275 2 0 124.92

Yep Ben had nothing to do with them getting there.:rolleyes:

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Big Ben is highly overrated. In just about every big game he throws about three interceptions he better thank his teammates every day for carrying him as far as they have.

Austin28

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Isn't that the key though? Was Aikman ever as impressive as Favre or Marino or Young? Ben plays within his team's system and wins. That's the greatest compliment you can give a QB. IMO. It's too easy to focus on stats when winning is all that really matters.

This is true; there's only one thing the really matters.

W

I'd take Big Ben over any QB on our roster any day of the week. The guy just does what is asked of him. He already is the whole package. If you don't think Rothlisbooger is a player, pay attention this year. I think he'll play even better this next year.

ghst187

Reaction score
Drew Bledsoe is a better QB for us than Roth would be IMO. Roth is a great QB for (SH)Pittsburgh. Roth couldn't win in Dallas because he HAS to have a good running game and a defense that can win the game.
Bledsoe has to have an OL that can keep him upright and the chance to throw the ball deep downfield. Of course he could use a running game also. But the point is that I don't think either QB would do all that well if you swapped them out, they work well on their current teams.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
Drew Bledsoe is a better QB for us than Roth would be IMO. Roth is a great QB for (SH)Pittsburgh. Roth couldn't win in Dallas because he HAS to have a good running game and a defense that can win the game.
Bledsoe has to have an OL that can keep him upright and the chance to throw the ball deep downfield. Of course he could use a running game also. But the point is that I don't think either QB would do all that well if you swapped them out, they work well on their current teams.
I'll partially agree. Roth would not do as well this year, but going on his 3rd year in this offense I think he'd do better than Bledsoe can. He's efficient and that leads to success. He's a perfect Parcells QB. 2006 Roth will take a step forward.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will concede the point that big Ben is the best bus driver I've seen in a long time. Check out this wheelie........

collegehumor.33803.451xAUTO.jpg

burmafrd

Reaction score
I see Roths as a better QB then Bradshaw ever was- but doubt he gets 4 rings.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
burmafrd said:

Sometimes the things I read that people actually believe amazes me.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Interesting observation about Ferentz and Iowa O-linemen.

It isn't just offensive linemen, although that is Ferentz's forte.

I think Greenway is going to struggle to justify his draft position. Matt Roth has been less than stellar. Dallas Clark certainly hasn't justified being taken in the first round.

Bob Sanders was a Pro Bowler this year. He was one of the few exceptions, but I certainly wouldn't pick Bob Sanders to be one of my starting safeties if I was building a team.

I find it interesting that one of the Cowboys' scouts, Brian Gaine, was recruited by Ferentz at Maine and Dallas hasn't drafted any Iowa guys lately.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Sometimes the things I read that people actually believe amazes me.

Agreed.

If Big Ben were on the Cowboys making the same plays, posters would be irate if someone called him overrated.

The guy is in his SECOND year!!!

He has a 23-4 record in games he's started!

And saying Ben Roethlisberger is a bus driver is asinine. In the Bengals, Colts and Broncos game, the Steelers began by throwing the ball then settled into the running game, allowing their defense to tee off on the opposing team because they were in catch-up, panic mode.

Some of you guys are amazing. The man manages the game plan and unless he's tossing bombs like Marino and Fouts, he's overrated because he doesn't do enough at the quarterback spot.

And then you'll get mad if someone says that Aikman was OVERRATED because he handed off to Emmitt all the time and doesn't have impressive numbers.

Sheesh!

Alexander

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Agreed.

If Big Ben were on the Cowboys making the same plays, posters would be irate if someone called him overrated.

The guy is in his SECOND year!!!

He has a 23-4 record in games he's started!

And saying Ben Roethlisberger is a bus driver is asinine. In the Bengals, Colts and Broncos game, the Steelers began by throwing the ball then settled into the running game, allowing their defense to tee off on the opposing team because they were in catch-up, panic mode.

Some of you guys are amazing. The man manages the game plan and unless he's tossing bombs like Marino and Fouts, he's overrated because he doesn't do enough at the quarterback spot.

And then you'll get mad if someone says that Aikman was OVERRATED because he handed off to Emmitt all the time and doesn't have impressive numbers.

Sheesh!

I was amazed at how ordinary Roethlisberger looked in the Super Bowl, but you cannot argue he had an outstanding postseason up until that point. He was the primary reason they made it because he was so effective. Of course, that might not be enough for the statistical junkies, but we all know how important those are in the general scheme of things.

And to call all of that worthless because he had a tough game in the SB? I don't know how to begin how foolish that statement is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I was amazed at how ordinary Roethlisberger looked in the Super Bowl, but you cannot argue he had an outstanding postseason up until that point. He was the primary reason they made it because he was so effective. Of course, that might not be enough for the statistical junkies, but we all know how important those are in the general scheme of things.

And to call all of that worthless because he had a tough game in the SB? I don't know how to begin how foolish that statement is.
Not trying to sound flip about this, but fantasy football has ruined the true appreciation of the game in some ways. Stats serve a purpose, but when you simply can't look past them at anything else involved in the game it is a trap.

Alexander

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Not trying to sound flip about this, but fantasy football has ruined the true appreciation of the game in some ways. Stats serve a purpose, but when you simply can't look past them at anything else involved in the game it is a trap.

Fantasy football hasn't ruined it. It is people's reliance on statistics that has ruined it.

This is not a game of statistics like baseball. Never has been, never will be, despite people's futile attempts to make it stick and attach meaning to numbers.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I'd take Rothlisberger over Bledsoe and not think twice about it.